What's new

Hockey World Cup

Seems like both countries players are in news for wrong reasons..

Seems like both countries players are in news for wrong reasons..

aik ko pesay nahee miltay dosrey ko jo miltay hain woh bhi fine mey denay partey hain :lol:

This fine is ridiculous. I don't support alcohol consumption or extra marital affairs but I do support some forgiveness and tolerance.

These guys could have been lectured by the head and then they could have simply said sorry and will not happen again.

Pakistan minister says team should go to India

By Rizwan Ali, AP Sports Writer
ISLAMABAD — Pakistan's sports minister wants the men's field hockey team should compete at the World Cup in India despite Pakistan's cricketers being snubbed by the Indian Premier League.
In a surprise move, the eight IPL franchises did not bid for any of the 11 Pakistan cricketers in Tuesday's auction. The country won the Twenty20 World Cup last year.

"The only way to answer India is to go and compete in hockey World Cup and win it," Pakistan Sports Minister Ijaz Jhakrani said Thursday. "Sports should not be mixed with politics."

However, Jhakrani also appealed to Pakistan's cable television stations to not show any IPL matches.

"It would be another solid response to India," he said.

A Pakistan Hockey Federation spokesman said his organization would follow government direction over the World Cup, which will run from Feb. 28 to March 13 in New Delhi.

"So far, we have not received any directives from the government to boycott the event, so our team is scheduled to compete in the World Cup," Shahazad Malik told The Associated Press.

Pakistan minister says team should go to India - USATODAY.com

Now thats the spirit. It will be lovely to see Pakistan Hockey team beating Indian Hockey team in India!!! Both teams are in teh same pool and Pakistan will win insha-Allah

Pakistan announces Hero Honda FIH World Cup Team

The Selection Committee of the Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) has announced the final 18 member squad for Hero Honda FIH World Cup to be play from 28 February to 13 March in New Delhi, India.

Zeeshan Ashraf will lead the team as captain. The announced team is Nasir Ahmad and Salman Akbar (Goal Keepers), Zeeshan Ashraf, Sohail Abbas and Muhammad Rashid (Full Backs), Muhammad Irfan, Waseem Ahmad, Muhammad Imran, Fareed Ahmad and Sajjad Anwar (Halves), Rehan Butt, Shakeel Abbasi, Abdul Haseem Khan, Muhammad Zubair, Akhtar Ali, Omer Bhutta, Abbas Haider and Muhammad Rizwan (Forwards).

International Hockey Federation : Full Story

PM Gilani announces Rs.10m for hockey team

LAHORE: Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani said Sunday the government intended to engage the youth of the country in healthy activities including sports to refine their talent so that they could bring laurels to the country.

He was talking to the Pakistani hockey team which would participate in the Hockey World Cup in India.The Premier, wishing them the best of luck, said the nation expected them to demonstrate team spirit and sportsmanship, irrespective of results.

He asked them to display the best behaviour and conduct as representatives of Pakistan.The Prime Minister announced Rs 10 million for the team. He also ordered that contracts of all members of the Pakistan hockey team with government departments and organisations should be converted into regular appointments.

He also assured them that all major corporations would be directed to make sports teams to promote and encourage games in the country.

The meeting was held at the State Guest House. Qasim Zia, PHF President, was also present on the occasion. SAMAA

.:: SAMAA - PM Gilani announces Rs.10m for hockey team

:pakistan:

deasir,,,mynameisaandiknowisiisvrydangerousjobsoidon,tcareabtmyselfandiamvryintelgentiknowuwilllikeme..contctwivme...

Pakistan beat india in the inaugral WC match !

just saw a beautiful dream !

deasir,,,mynameisaandiknowisiisvrydangerousjobsoidon,tcareabtmyselfandiamvryintelgentiknowuwilllikeme..contctwivme...

dea sir,,,my name is a and i know isi is vry dangerous jobs o i don,t care abt myself and i am vry intelgent i know u will like me..contct wiv me..

Ok. Now I somewhat understand what you are saying :lol:

Pakistan beat india in the inaugral WC match !

just saw a beautiful dream !

:rofl::rofl::rofl: oh god........... i was stunned to read that news

I was like :victory::victory: Dil tor diya yaar tumne mera

Matches will be shown by cricplus on cable in Toronto.

It is very cheap if you have Rogers cable. With ATN in your package the channel costs $5.00 otherwise $15.00.

Cricplus is channel 845 in Rogers cable list.

India wins 4-1. Hats off to India for such a wonderful performance. :tup:

Indian hockey team played very well and out performed Pakistan in every single department including luck.

I don't know why India is ranked # 10!

As far as Pakistan is concerned, our team took Sunday off and didn't show up.

Back
Top Bottom