What's new

Iran defeats US, Turkey in 2014 Freestyle Wrestling World Cup

Shapur Zol Aktaf

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
The 2014 Freestyle Wrestling World Cup was inaugurated on Saturday.

Iran's team beat their Armenian rivals in all 8 categories in the first day of the championships.

In their second competition Iran won Turkey 7-1 in the early hours of this morning.

In the third round of the competitions a few hours ago, Iranian wrestlers also won powerfully the game 5-3 against the American team.

India is the last team to fight with Iran. If Iran beats India, it will be one of the two teams in the final game.

10 countries in two groups are participating in the paramount tournament.

Iran, US, Armenia, Turkey, and India are in group 1; Russia, Ukraine, Mongolia, Georgia, and Japan are in group 2.

The final match is scheduled to be held later today.

Farsnews
Iran has beaten the United States following victories in the 2014 Freestyle Wrestling World Cup, which is currently underway in the US. On Saturday afternoon, wrestling enthusiasts jubilated at The Forum in city of Inglewood, southwest of downtown Los Angeles, as they witnessed the Iranian squad win over the host team 18-10 in their third Pool A encounter.
Iran has beaten the United States following victories in the 2014 Freestyle Wrestling World Cup, which is currently underway in the US. On Saturday afternoon, wrestling enthusiasts jubilated at The Forum in city of Inglewood, southwest of downtown Los Angeles, as they witnessed the Iranian squad win over the host team 18-10 in their third Pool A encounter.

This is real sport, ancient sport for warriors..only for strong and well built nations. Iranians are one of the strongest people, one of the best in weight lifting and wrestling.

Congratulations but if I wrestled an Irani, I would make a kebab out of him.

I'm strong.

I'm like Bear Jew.

Everybody knows that the strongest and most athletic people on average on this planet are Africans. Especially Sub-Saharan Africans but you don't see them participating in wrestling since that sport is nonexistent in Africa and most of the world. Very few people care about wrestling. Also it's not about size or strength but mostly technique.

Go watch strength athletic competitions if you want to see the strongest people on the planet.

Strength athletics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

World's Strongest Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Once wrestling was popular across the ME but now it's mostly just a few countries.

Everybody knows that the strongest and most athletic people on average on this planet are Africans. Especially Sub-Saharan Africans but you don't see them participating in wrestling since that sport is nonexistent in Africa and most of the world. Very few people care about wrestling. Also it's not about size or strength but mostly technique.

Go watch strength athletic competitions if you want to see the strongest people on the planet.

Once wrestling was popular across the ME but now it's mostly just a few countries.

bullshit

No, it is widely known that Africans on average are stronger, faster and have a better endurance.

Just look at their sport performances when it comes to athletics compared to their actual numbers (those participating). Overwhelming dominance. Be it running, jumping etc.

Just look at the Black American dominance in sports such as American football, basketball etc. Blacks make up 12% of USA's population but in terms of athletic performances they are far ahead of any other group compared to their actual numbers. Bodybuilding as well.

Not a coincidence.
They are in general more athletic than other people too. The tallest ethnic groups in the world are also found among Black populations. They usually have a bigger muscle mass too.

Race and sports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why Black People Are Good at Sports

According to Jon Entine a huge amount of research show that elite black athletes have a phenotypic advantage. They have bodily characteristics that evolved over tens of thousands of years of evolution. While people of African descent have spent most of their evolutionary history near to where they originated, the rest of the world’s populations have had to modify their African adaptations after migrating to far different regions and climates.

It is important to point out that the evolved differences are also mediated by environment and culture. These factors can amplify or diminish genetic variations. Entine proposes a biocultural explanation stating that cultural conditions can amplify smaller but significant differences in performance related to heredity. Inherited physiological differences may therefore prove meaningless without rigorous training.

Entine, Jon (2000). Taboo: Why Black Athletes Dominate Sports and Why We Are Afraid to Talk About It. New York: BSS Public Affairs.

I am sure that had countries such as Congo or Nigeria had a tradition of wrestling and had they thus mastered the techniques required etc. they would be dominating since they are bigger and stronger on average and cope better with endurance than everyone else.

wrestling is popular in north India and pakistan too.. may be due to iranian influence. Each sports has its own techniques and wrestling is not easy as you are implying.

No, it is widely known that Africans on average are stronger, faster and have a better endurance.

Just look at their sport performances when it comes to athletics compared to their actual numbers (those participating). Overwhelming dominance. Be it running, jumping etc.

Just look at the Black American dominance in sports such as American football, basketball etc. Blacks make up 12% of USA's population but in terms of athletic performances they are far ahead of any other group compared to their actual numbers. Bodybuilding as well.

Not a coincidence.
They are in general more athletic than other people too. The tallest ethnic groups in the world are also found among Black populations. They usually have a bigger muscle mass too.

Race and sports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why Black People Are Good at Sports

I am sure that had countries such as Congo or Nigeria had a tradition of wrestling and had they thus mastered the techniques required etc. they would be dominating since they are bigger and stronger on average and cope better with endurance than everyone else.
But there is one fundamental flaw in that theory,wrestling has catagories which is governed by weight.A 70 kg guy will have an oponent around 70 kg guy,same like in boxing a light weight fellow wont be fighting a heavy weight guy.strength of guys with similar weights wont be that drastic,its technic that matters.

It's possible that there are socio-economic reasons for blacks and certain sports.

You don't need much cash/equipment for American football, basketball or track events.

So these are the sports blacks predominantly go for.

But there is one fundamental flaw in that theory,wrestling has catagories which is governed by weight.A 70 kg guy will have an oponent around 70 kg guy,same like in boxing a light weight fellow wont be fighting a heavy weight guy.strength of guys with similar weights wont be that drastic,its technic that matters.

I am talking about strength and athleticism in general. Here it is indisputable that the African-American community and Blacks overall are dominating. Just look at the biggest icons in sports such as basketball, American football, athletics etc. I know all that already. I have done martial arts since my early teenage years. A bit of wrestling as well.

I already wrote that it's mostly about technique in the first post. Techniques can be learnt by most people. It's all about establishing a base for an sport. American football, wrestling etc. is nonexistent in most of Sub-Saharan Africa but look at how many potential world beaters that are present there.

Likewise in basketball. I know only 2-3 Sudanese basketball players but it is well-known that the tallest ethnic groups live in Southern Sudan etc. Imagine how many of them could be basketball starts had they grown up in safe environments where they could focus on their sport.

I don't think that it is controversial to say that the average Black person is stronger, faster and has a better endurance than everyone else. ON AVERAGE. That's what the results show.

Blacks are better in sport because of testosterone. They snub nose which gives them more air intake and they cab grow muscles faster. On the other hand they are lesser on intellectual fields. Ever seen a black professor or black scientist? Let them be good at sports. Blacks never had empires because they didn't have built up knowledge. They were to busy running away from predAtors.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom