What's new

Hockey India to suspend playing ties with Pakistan: Narinder Batra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exchange of shirts is a tradition followed to show the sportsman spirit, But these guys took off their shirts went near the crowd and showed objectionable gestures.

Some movies are not for all people, reason why they give ratings to the movies.

What about the Indian fans making obscene sounds and gestures in the stands? Perhaps time for Indians to not teach anti-Pakistan hate to their upcoming generations so that they can behave during such events? It's a two way street. The Pakistani hockey players aren't crazy to just take off their shirt and start behaving in such a manner. The Indian fans triggered such a hostile reaction. You get what you deserve.

Jana ji sadar pranam. Quoting you to get your attention mam.

Kuch maheenon pehle aapke liye ek thread shuru kiya tha (kyuki I cannot send you private message .... as a chota bhai of course).

But mods deleted it.

Just wanted to wish you congratulations mam and all the very best in your life ahead.

:what: oh so it was you who was spreading LIES. NVM

:what: oh so it was you who was spreading LIES. NVM

Meaning?

I was told something by someone who knew you. I was happy for you. So spontaniety took over and I jumped in here (after ages) to congratulate you.

Why the aggro?

It was rather indians who were weeping and begging world international hockey to ban Pakistani players

You need to understand what begging is. Pakistan is begging India to play with them so that they can get a little bit of money. The FIH understood that Star Sports didn't pay $250 million because of anyone in the FIH, they paid it because they have Indian audiences to make money out of.

End result - as I have posted Pakistan will come back tail between their legs. Unlike for the likes of you in the virtual world, the real world is far more daunting. Pakistani Hockey officials understand that. As do most of your players who want to play in India.

......and yet, you will now approach India with a begging bowl.

I don't think so buddy. Screw Indian hockey and everything associated with it. India cannot blackmail Pakistan.

I don't think so buddy. Screw Indian hockey and everything associated with it. India cannot blackmail Pakistan.

Err...should have seen my posts.... Also easy for you to say, Pakistan hockey is in such pathetic financial shape that they didn't have money to get their players to the tournament & had to rely on a donor. Do you think that is the position they always want to be in?

Pakistan coach Shahnaz Sheikh pleads for good relations with India for Hockey’s prosperity

“We have to accept the FIH decision because we want to improve our relations with India. India wanted the guilty players to be suspended. We want bilateral series with India.

Err...should have seen my posts.... Also easy for you to say, Pakistan hockey is in such pathetic financial shape that they didn't have money to get their players to the tournament & had to rely on a donor. Do you think that is the position they always want to be in?

Pakistan coach Shahnaz Sheikh pleads for good relations with India for Hockey’s prosperity

“We have to accept the FIH decision because we want to improve our relations with India. India wanted the guilty players to be suspended. We want bilateral series with India.

Err... Shahnaz Sheikh isn't the Pakistan Hockey Federation. This is a matter which is going to be decided by the PHF.

Dude, Pakistan hockey never had any funds to "survive". Spare me your crocodile tears. Yet, it has always managed to survive even without the help of the government or outsiders. Pakistan hockey will not be held hostage to unreasonable Indian demands. Pakistan is too big of a hockey nation to be blackmailed. Even without the cash for that matter. Pakistan's hockey achievements and contributions over the decades speak volume.

PS. Stop using large fonts and colours!!!

NEW DELHI: Hockey India president Narinder Batra on Sunday reacted strongly to Pakistan's misbehaviour following their win over India in the Champions Trophy semifinal on Saturday, saying that India will boycott all matches with Pakistan until appropriate action is taken, according to Times Now.

Schedule and Results | Match in Pics | Official communication from Champions Trophy Tournament Director

The Pakistani players had celebrated their victory by taking off their shirts and making obscene gestures towards the spectators and the media, although their coach Shahnaz Shiekh was seen rebuking them.

READ ALSO: Pakistani players shame game with lewd gestures

Pakistan coach Shahnaz Shiekh, who had apologized on behalf of the team on Saturday, went back on his words and said that it was the fans who instigated the players.

"The players will not apologize, the incident happened in the heat of the moment," Sheikh said on Sunday.

The International Hockey Federation said that there would be no further action against Pakistani players after their coach tendered an apology for wild celebrations.

Indian captain Sardar Singh and high performance director Roelant Oltmans had condemned the way the Pakistan players' behaviour after their win.

Sardar said, "They should not have celebrated in such a way. There were families inside the stadium and they shouldn't have taken off their shirts. Even after winning the match against Pakistan in the Asian Games, we didn't celebrate in this fashion."

"I didn't see too much of the Pakistan players but it was a bit too much," said Oltman

Hockey India to suspend playing ties with Pakistan: Narinder Batra - The Times of India
In recent world cup of football held in brasil most of the players took off their shirts and exchanged them with the other players
So taking off shirts is Disrespectful???
What u saying that pakistanis r more open minded and modern as compared to supposedely modern india go figure

And the fools thought coming next day with roses and apologising will minimise the downfall of the stupidity they did day before.

They are threatening Pakistan. They have done the same in cricket. They are trying to politicize sports. I agree with you. Pakistan needs to make a fist of this and not play any hockey with India. India needs to stop being arrogant and get off the high horse. Sports and politics cannot be mixed.

Where have i heard that before ?
Cricket i guess, and from couple of years. As far as i know pakistan will die for a bilateral cricket series with india. lol

Err... Shahnaz Sheikh isn't the PHF. This is a matter which is going to be decided by the PHF.

Dude, Pakistan hockey never had any funds to "survive". Yet it has always managed to survive even without the help of the government. Pakistan hockey will not be held hostage to unreasonable Indian demands. Pakistan is too big of a hockey nation to be blackmailed. Even without the cash for that matter.

The PHF will apologize too. The coach isn't doing this by himself There is nothing unreasonable here. Btw, if you understand the money part, you will realise that the FIH too understands which market they cannot ignore. We can wait & see if you want, I predict that Pakistan will apologize & make peace with Hockey India. We will soon see who is on the money here.

The size of the nation doesn't matter. India has hurt badly Pakistan's cricket economy by not playing with it. Pakistan was a much bigger cricketing nation than it is a hockey nation (now). Doesn't stop Pakistan's cricket administrators from pleading with the BCCI, do you really think Pakistan hockey has the capacity? Internet bravery is cheap; In the real world, money talks.

After a meeting with the FIH officials on Sunday, Sheikh sent out an apology letter.

"The incident that occurred after the match between India and Pakistan on Saturday contained behavior that is considered unacceptable to Pakistan Hockey Federation and the entire hockey community. As a result, I have spoken to my team and explained to them that they are guests in India and as hosts they have been very hospitable to the team.," Sheikh said in his statement.

.....I have also spoken with the president and Secretary General of Pakistan Hockey Federation who both agree that the behaviour was not acceptable and they would also submit their regrets to our kind hosts Hockey India and the Indian public."

hockey we dont care about...bhikari aagye India main khelne saalo ko sharam nhi aati ushi desh ki roti khaane aajaate hai jis desh ko gaali dete hain shame on pakistani aur phir jis public ne pay kiye paise unko middle finger dikha kr mahan bnte hain aur chalo jo bhi hai aur fir yahan PDF pr defend bhi kr rhe hain apne players ke behaviour ko

Cool your radiator, man! It wasn't about the shirts at all. It was about some of the yahoos who showed their middle fingers to the crowd and one who who kept thrusting his pelvis toward the crowd in a mock fuking action.

Do you guys approve of this outrageous behavior? You probably do, but we don't. It's disgusting to say the least and most unsporting.
Perhaps that is what the crowd deserved....again, our coach had apologized for the misconduct, and it was decided that the players would enter the staduimbl with bouquet in hand for the crowd.... --- but no indian hockey fed had to act like a goon

Come on guys Pakistani Hockey was representing a country....

By showing their center finger to the crowd or to the opposing team does not send a good message about Pakistan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom