What's new

HK student leader Joshua Wong goes on hunger strike

I already see the Mainland's political and economic model as the superior one. :enjoy:

I've actually always wanted to actually go and live in a Mainland city. Shanghai comes to mind, or maybe Suzhou.

Only the one country one system policy can fully cure Hong Kong.

Maybe the bad thing can turn into the good thing with this protest as the turning point.

Only the one country one system policy can fully cure Hong Kong.

Maybe the bad thing can turn into the good thing with this protest as the turning point.

I think so. :tup:

A recent public opinion poll in Hong Kong said 70-80% of Hong Kongers were annoyed with the protestors, and want them to go away.

Pretty much everyone I know dislikes the protestors, even those who don't care about politics one way or another.

If the pro-democracy camp wants more political influence, they should stop losing the HK elections constantly. They shouldn't try to hurt HK's economy.

I think so. :tup:

A recent public opinion poll in Hong Kong said 70-80% of Hong Kongers were annoyed with the protestors, and want them to go away.

Pretty much everyone I know dislikes the protestors, even those who don't care about politics one way or another.

If the pro-democracy camp wants more political influence, they should stop losing the HK elections constantly. They shouldn't try to hurt HK's economy.

We need the majority of the HKers and Taiwanese stop being obsessed with the so-called western 'democracy'.

We need the majority of the HKers and Taiwanese stop being obsessed with the so-called western 'democracy'.

You are right sir. :tup: Personally, I don't care about "Western democracy" at all. Or any other such ideology.

I was born in Hong Kong, I've traveled all around the world, to Europe, Canada, America, Australia, etc. And I've traveled all across the Mainland as well.

My experience with all of that, is that I consider the Mainland's economic and political model to be the best choice for China right now. For ALL of China, including HK.

You are right sir. :tup: Personally, I don't care about "Western democracy" at all. Or any other such ideology.

I was born in Hong Kong, I've traveled all around the world, to Europe, Canada, America, Australia, etc. And I've traveled all across the Mainland as well.

My experience with all of that, is that I consider the Mainland's economic and political model to be the best choice for China right now. For ALL of China, including HK.

It is highly overrated having the option to choose a political leader of one's preference representing your own city or country. People of HK and in Mainland enjoys freedom of speech and movement. In Thailand if you say one bad word about the King you would be thrown in jail. That is why only a small portion supports this lousy cause in HK and the rest are against them. If having a true democracy is that important they can always immigrate to England or America or other western democracy should they feel they are suffering inside HK. Trust me lives ain't so much better just because they can vote whoever they may prefer.

HKer feel more freedom to travel all over the world without visa requirement, but not when HKer want to enter mainland.

HKer feel more freedom to travel all over the world without visa requirement, but not when HKer want to enter mainland.
source or are you talking out of your rear end again? Mainlanders can freely travel abroad, but I know not Vietnam because the host government do not trust your type. They require a hefty "bond" guarantee because you monkeys will most likely not return to your country.

:coffee:

ahojuna 6509926 said:
Is democracy the answer to everthing? I don't think so. US & UK only promote democracy when it suits them. Why didn't they promote it in Saudi Arabia?

Democracy only works well in a developed country with a strong middle class. People who know how, what and who to vote.

Doesn't work too well in third world countries with political parties that are based on race or religion. To work, the political parties has to be based on values.

If democracy is the best way, why don't we ask workers to vote for their CEO. No, CEO are appointed by a board who they think is the best person for the job. Thinking about it, the CPC practices this model.
Are you comparing acountry with a factory whose primary goal to achieve profit only instead of workers well fare.All the profit goes to the owners n share holders.company which earns the factory becomes rich but what that to with worker.Do you belive the CEO of the factory works for the uplift mentioned of worker? No never, he works for the owner who appoint him to give profit with optimum use of man n machinery.
where as publicly choosen leader whose primary target is to equality of opportunity, equitable distribution wealth,public responsibity for those unable to avail themselves the minimal provision for good life and protection promotion of social welfare of its citizens.
18 yr boy have this guts what 1.3 billion people lacking, fighting against a mighty dictatorship or system.

LOL, is that a joke. :lol:

I visit the Mainland all the time. I'm in Hong Kong, and Shenzhen is right next to us.

Leave it to a random Viet to declare that he knows more about Chinese travel procedures than a Chinese citizen. Then again, in another thread, BoQ77 was also offering planning advice to China's aerospace industry on how best to proceed in the 21st century. Because Vietnam is world famous for its engineering and marvelous 5th gen fighter aircraft. :omghaha:

LOL, is that a joke. :lol:

I visit the Mainland all the time. I'm in Hong Kong, and Shenzhen is right next to us.

You do need the permit to visit mainland, don't you?
We could visit our ASEAN neighbors with just our passport. HKer meet a bit harder to travel to China mainland

800px-Visa_requirements_for_HKSAR_citizens.png

passport-power-fixed.png

source or are you talking out of your rear end again? Mainlanders can freely travel abroad, but I know not Vietnam because the host government do not trust your type. They require a hefty "bond" guarantee because you monkeys will most likely not return to your country.

:coffee:

Host worry more to Chinese PRC.
Vietnam passport is more powerful than yours.

You are right sir. :tup: Personally, I don't care about "Western democracy"....
I was born in Hong Kong, I've traveled all around the world,.....

It is highly overrated having the option to choose a political leader of one's preference representing your own city or country..............
Trust me lives ain't so much better just because they can vote whoever they may prefer.

+1. The politician who can best BS will get elected most of the time. And they are not the best person for the job.

Also, the moment a politician is elected, he starts pandering to big business, special interest groups, groups with well paid lobbyists, etc. Don't even for a moment think they will work for the average joe.

Back
Top Bottom