What's new

HIT's Muhafiz APC Proves To Be A Deadly Embarrassment

I have doubts about the authenticity of this piece, this very year a police officer survived a direct suicide blast in a Muhafiz APC. Iraq has 60 and they are still ALL in operation after over 6 years in front-line service. There were some cases when armour-piercing bullets did manage to penetrate the outer shielding but I have no evidence that proves it hit anyone inside. Most of the APCs as shown on TV were torched with Molotov Cocktails.

I have doubts about the authenticity of this piece, this very year a police officer survived a direct suicide blast in a Muhafiz APC. Iraq has 60 and they are still ALL in operation after over 6 years in front-line service. There were some cases when armour-piercing bullets did manage to penetrate the outer shielding but I have no evidence that proves it hit anyone inside. Most of the APCs as shown on TV were torched with Molotov Cocktails.

Difference in quality.. perhaps corruption at HIT?

Mohafiz a jeep armored only to protect from 7.62mm rifles , but FYI the terrorist may have FMJ ( FULL metal Jacket) bullets in their rifles , Ofcourse if we are improving so can terrorists...

its not corruption its funding for police they require some ting cheap so cheap it is but not that safe army ones are much stronger they build them for worse the machine is going to face in battlefields.

Difference in quality.. perhaps corruption at HIT?

Incorrect reporting IMO. Those holes were caused by steel-tipped armour piercing rounds, no way a regular 7.62 can cross a metal plate, a land cruiser's chasis is enough to stop them!

.................smh.....
The Police force should sue the HIT and everyone involved in the production of that APC.
This is not USA or Europe to sue...Here whoever got power can do anything......I guess Ure farmula would be the wastage of money and time........:smokin:

thats why punjab police is using now something else
hamza APC for punjab police

531225_334129670008993_536800479_n.jpg

486244_334129403342353_1887593765_n.jpg

548947_334129523342341_1073508544_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There must have been a qualitative requirement spelt out by the buyer on what he wants.

Before accepting deliveries the buyer must have / should have checked the product . All such vehicles are checked by actual fire to know the efficacy of protection.

Incorrect reporting IMO. Those holes were caused by steel-tipped armour piercing rounds, no way a regular 7.62 can cross a metal plate, a land cruiser's chasis is enough to stop them!

Considering it was Karachi.. where I was trying to negotiate the purchase of a Tavor..
I would not be surprised if you find "thugs" using kornet ATGMS next.

No wonder Generals and Politicians, themselves never use these vehicles, but foreign made BMW/Mercedes vehicles with all the safety perks.

What a shame.

they arent regular passenger cars...they probably guzzle more fuel than those bmws and mercedes (some of which were imported over 8 years ago)

its shameful if the aluminum armor couldnt even withstand small arms fire from low calibre weapons...obviously its a quality issue then...perhaps there are different variants of these vehicles with different armor types; but an armored vehicle should be able ti withstand these kinds of abuse. The problem should be rectified

retrofitting these vehicles with more heavy duty armor is a lot like open heart surgery—it takes time, specialized equipment, and an incredible amount of knowledge and skill to do the job correctly....its not worth it

put these cars on display in karachi to show people why deweaponization of that city is necessary...rangers are dying while political parties sit in AC rooms --organizing these mafias and armed gangs. Govt should release funds to replace these vehicles, its money well spent.

cant these idiots get anything right

p.s. for the millionth time, muhafiz isnt an APC!!!! how dumb can this media get

There ere reports earlier that the Liyari gang criminals were using AP (Armor Piercing) bullets as already has been suggested by a fellow member previously. Not only should facts be determined on the overall quality of these APC's but also why the operation was suspended instead of calling in the Military (with their equipment such as their APC's, expertise, Helicopter and Drone reconnaissance etc.). Also, it needs to be determined where the terrorists got such massive stores of sophisticated weapons that included frag grenades!

By withdrawing the only message that has been passed on, to these criminals as well as other even more organized criminals of Karachi, is that crime pays and that if criminals fight back hard enough the Government agencies will withdraw!

The Police force should sue the HIT and everyone involved in the production of that APC.

All HIT does is put an Armoured Body, Muhafiz itself is based on Land Rover Defender so there you go...sue them :D

Considering it was Karachi.. where I was trying to negotiate the purchase of a Tavor..
I would not be surprised if you find "thugs" using kornet ATGMS next.

Fu**ing Tavor? That's epic! For how much?

Karachi is a hell for these machines, which have been actively engaged. Lyari operation had seen heavy firing with grenades/explosives being used too. How can you expect a armored vehicle, which has it's own limitation, to survive after being hit by explosives and bullets multiple times?

For fair comparison, ratio out the following.

Number of Mohafiz produced:Numbers destroyed.
Number of Mohafiz active in Karachi:Numbers destroyed.
Number of Mohafiz active in Lyari operation:Numbers destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom