What's new

HIT's IFV?

HIT's advert in Army's official magazine of March 2015 Edition shows an IFV based on HIT's M113 frame. If this goes ahead into production, it will be an added punch to our armor formations. It features a turret mounted high caliber gun to fire AP rounds plus a small remotely controlled weapons station mounted on the side, most likely 7.62mm.

View attachment 205043 View attachment 205044
What if I tell you.............................. MAZBOOTI k spelling glt hain :hitwall:

Even a fool can see that is has superior armor.
You are right bro, only fools can predict about the superiority of an armor by just looking at it. If PA passed on that design and opted for another, they were obviously not agreeing with those fools.

I found his post rude so i replied in kind.

Mature posters should not advertise their opinions as facts.
There was nothing rude in the post otherwise I would have not said "sorry to say...". Moreover I never presented my opinion as fact rather asked as to why he preferred that particular design.

@Oscar - I think R&D is now being shifted to HEC. PhD students and seniors will do it.
If true, then God help us.

Last edited:
It'd be pretty cool if we got these from the Chinese!
ZBD-97 100mm+ATGM+30mil Autocanon+7.62MG this thing packs alot of firepower for an IFV.
800px-ZBD97_-_front_right_view.jpg
We need something similar

We need something similar
I can see that certain members are getting infected with Nishaan virus. We should have this, we should have that, yes, we can wish we had Tungsten telephone poles orbiting the earth waiting to decimate our enemies but can we get those wishes realized? With a slow economy, a public that does not want to pay tax, and a ruling elite that is hellbent on transferring the last bill of dollar outside the country, we could get so much.

Not really an ugly design...the turks came up with a similiar vehicle FNSS (ACV-300)... the saudis,malays,jordanians etc n many other european users are using similar (bradey type) turrets...

View attachment 205285

Although both Hamza and the PIFV (cancelled project) are armed with 25mm canons( M242 Bushmaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) @HAMZA (using a Chinese one) as primary and 7.62 mm as secondary weapons...

Bro lets not be rude.. that guy is a mature poster.

Talking of Bradley turrets:-

Egyptian Infantry Fighting Vehicle

The Egyptian Infantry Fighting Vehicle (EIFV), also known as Infantry Fighting Vehicle Light (IFVL), is an Egyptian modification of the M113 Armored Personnel Carrier. It is a hybrid, based on an enlarged M113 chassis equipped with the complete two-man power-operated turret of the M2 BradleyIFV. The EIFV is currently in service with the Egyptian Army.

The EIFV was originally developed by BAE Systems, Ground Systems Division under contract to the Egyptian Ministry of Defense. It was developed to be a conversion of the M113, of which the Egyptian Army has a total of 2,650, as well as an additional 1,200 AIFVs (modified M113s), but it can also be produced as new vehicles. Design activities first commenced in 1995, and the first prototype was assembled in the Egyptian Tank Plant where assembly of the M1 Abrams is carried out for the Egyptian Army. The first prototype was completed in 1996 and performance validation trials were completed in mid-1997. Production in Egypt is undertaken by the Egyptian Tank Plant, and the Egyptian Army plans to convert it existing AIFVs to the EIFV configuration.

The EIFV has three crewman, and can carry six soldiers, who enter the vehicle via a rear drop ramp. The driver is seated at the left front of the hull with the engine compartment to his right. The driver has a single-piece pop-up hatch cover which rotates over the engine cooling air intake grill when open, and is provided with four, day periscopes for observation.[1] The commander and the gunner are both positioned in the turret itself, and a hatch is provided for the commander on the turret roof.

Armor
The M113 chassis is enlarged to accommodate several modifications and to allow for more armor to be added. The hull of the EIFV is of all-welded 5083 aluminum armour which provides protection from small arms fire and shell splinters, able to defeat armour-piercing projectiles up to 14.5 mm in calibre over a 360° arc of attack.[1] Aluminum provides protection similar to that of steel armor while keeping the vehicle lightweight. An armor upgrade package produced by the AOI can significantly enhance the armor on the EIFV even further, allowing it to withstand armor-piercing 23 mm rounds, without sacrificing the vehicle's mobility. Optional upgrades for the vehicle include air conditioning, NBC protection and firing ports.

Maneuverability

To cope with the increased size and armor of the vehicle, a more powerful 400 hp Detroit Diesel 6V53TIA turbocharged/aftercooled diesel engine is installed in place of the original 275 hp engine on the M113, giving a power-to-weight ratio of 20 hp/ton. This is coupled to an Allison X200 cross-drive, four-speed Hydrokinetic transmission. As a result of the longer chassis and improved engine a sixth road wheel is added (the M113 only has five). As an option the vehicle can be of 350 hp only. The modifications allows the EIFV to keep up in terms of speed and mobility with modern tanks such as the M1A1/A2 Abrams, which are used by the Egyptian Army, despite the added weight. The vehicle can travers slopes up to 80%, side slopes of 40%, trenches 2200 mm wide, and vertical obstacles with a height of 710 mm

Armament

The M2 Bradley turret provides the EIFV with considerable firepower on a cheap M113 chassis, and allows it to engage personnel, armored vehicles and tanks, as well as low flying targets and helicopters. It has the same fire control and stabilization features on the M2 Bradley. The armament consists of the 25 mm M242 chain gun with 800 rounds and an effective range of 3000 m, and a coaxial 7.62 mm machine gun with 2,100 rounds. Using armor-piercing rounds, the chain gun can engage armored vehicles and tanks. The turret also has a two-tube TOW launcher, capable of launching TOW II ATGM missiles, which can destroy most tanks at a maximum range of 3750 m, enabling the vehicle to be used in an anti tank role. The only major drawback is that the missiles can only be launched when the vehicle is stationary. In addition to the two missiles in the launcher are four more missiles, stowed away inside the vehicle. The turret is standard equipped with passive IR and thermal imaging equipment.

Type Infantry fighting vehicle
Place of origin
23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png
Egypt
Service history
In service
1995-present
Used by Egyptian Army
Production history
Designer
BAE Systems
Manufacturer Egyptian Tank Factory, Arab Organization for Industrialization
Unit cost $311,000
Produced 1997
Number built -1,200
Specifications
Weight
17.7 tons
Length 5.26 m
Width 2.82 m
Height 2.5 m
Crew 3+7
Armor Aluminum
Main
armament

25 mm M242 Chain Gun
BGM-71 TOW II
Secondary
armament

7.62 mm FN MAG
Engine Detroit Diesel 6V53TIA electronically controlled
400 hp at 2800 rpm
Power/weight 20.0 hp/ton
Transmission Hydrokinetic
Suspension torsion bar
Fuel capacity 454 liters
Operational
range

482 km
Speed 66 km/h

Egyptian Infantry Fighting Vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EIFV.jpg

The smaller SIFV

SIFV2.jpg

Surprised you guys didn't go for something like this a long time ago!

but I think ACV design with its obsolete armour doesn't meet the current requirements of modern armies
Bro i think that the add-on armor on this FNSS Pars is of similar origin. Why would FNSS use obsolete armor on a new vehicle?

AV-8_PARS_Deftech_FNSS_8x8_wheeled_armoured_vehicle_personnel_carrier_Malaysia_Malaysian_army_002.jpg

Similar upgrade for our M113 family would be a huge achievement. We need vehicles with similar protection for our ops in FATA.

Note: AVC-300 provides protection against 14.5mm armour piercing rounds.

Bro i think that the add-on armor on this FNSS Pars is of similar origin. Why would FNSS use obsolete armor on a new vehicle?

AV-8_PARS_Deftech_FNSS_8x8_wheeled_armoured_vehicle_personnel_carrier_Malaysia_Malaysian_army_002.jpg

Similar upgrade for our M113 family would be a huge achievement. We need vehicles with similar protection for our ops in FATA.

Note: AVC-300 provides protection against 14.5mm armour piercing rounds.

Bro, As far as I know, ACV-300 family uses strenghtened aliminium armour blocks but not have much information about PARS family. There are much more advanced armour technologies FNSS can apply for ACV vehicles but I think It will increase the costs so They don't want to loose cost/effectivity advantages of this family on international markets.

FNSS M-113 upgrade solution for Saudi Arabia

@syedali73

Let me dumb it down for you. Strength of armor is mainly judged by its plate's thickness. That would always be true when you are comparing aluminum armor.

Is it too difficult for you to see that which one has thicker armor plates?

@syedali73

Let me dumb it down for you. Strength of armor is mainly judged by its plate's thickness. That would always be true when you are comparing aluminum armor.

Is it too difficult for you to see that which one has thicker armor plates?
What is this language? You got some personal grudge against me or what? Cant you speak normally?

It is irreverent what I can see for those who know these things better than me (and perhaps you) have made a decision and it was obviously not based on which looked thicker.

What is this language? You got some personal grudge against me or what? Cant you speak normally?

It is irreverent what I can see for those who know these things better than me (and perhaps you) have made a decision and it was obviously not based on which looked thicker.
A TTA should know that in our defence industry, Projects are seldom cancelled due to technical difficulties or program's demerits. They are cancelled because of incompetency or lack of funds.

nfected with Nishaan virus
We were only stating our own opinions. The ZBD 97 Costs around 2-2.5 million dollars.
Pakistani Taxpayers money in swiss banks= $200 Billion. (According to Dawn news)
Take 1 Billion from that and:
1 billion / 2.5 million =
Four hundred ZBD 97s with NBC protection. Correct me if I'm wrong, But I doubt Pakistan has any NBC protected IFV/APCs.
Where there is will, There is a way.

Last edited:
A TTA should know that in our defence industry, Projects are seldom cancelled due to technical difficulties or program's demerits. They are cancelled because of incompetency or lack of funds.
No, there is no such rule that a TTA should know about defense industry and you can get it confirmed from the seniors. Projects do get canceled due to technical difficulties or sometimes due to changed goals, and sometimes due to funding issues and incompetency. Things are not as black and white as most of us wish to see them. Besides, nowadays the technology is to a level where armor (such as Advanced Modular Armor Protection (AMAP)) can be added depending on the scenario so not all the hulls need begin with inches thick armor.

I can see that certain members are getting infected with Nishaan virus. We should have this, we should have that, yes, we can wish we had Tungsten telephone poles orbiting the earth waiting to decimate our enemies but can we get those wishes realized? With a slow economy, a public that does not want to pay tax, and a ruling elite that is hellbent on transferring the last bill of dollar outside the country, we could get so much.
We need these IFV and Anti 8 x 8 Anti Tank machines and give them to our Rangers and FC as they will first assault in case of war

No, there is no such rule that a TTA should know about defense industry and you can get it confirmed from the seniors. Projects do get canceled due to technical difficulties or sometimes due to changed goals, and sometimes due to funding issues and incompetency. Things are not as black and white as most of us wish to see them. Besides, nowadays the technology is to a level where armor (such as Advanced Modular Armor Protection (AMAP)) can be added depending on the scenario so not all the hulls need begin with inches thick armor.
Trust me there is very little grey when it comes to our defence industry. Also, add-on armor integration is not that simple. AVC-300 upgrade includes add-on armor.

@syedali

If you want to ask something, ask humbly. Not knowing is not a sin but not learning is.

Shape you words carefully. In your first post, you sound very sure of yourself.

If you want to ask something, ask humbly. Not knowing is not a sin but not learning is.

Shape you words carefully. In your first post, you sound very sure of yourself.
Firstly, I do not agree with you, unless you expect me to ask like a bagger; secondly, that post was not directed at you. I'll suggest you to let the relevant person complaint. The report button also exists and he could have used that too. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom