What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

cool, I did not know it.

I just look up a bit, tiếng Thổ is language which has a root in Mongolia.
Người Thổ (Trung Quốc) – Wikipedia tiếng Việt
1280px-Nadun_Picture_1.jpg

I don't think so. Tay people in Vietnam speak Tai/Katay language. So my friend is Tay too, when we dropped in Bangkok he could also communicated with Thai people fluently.

http://vi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Người_Tày

What is my intention? like I said, I'm just interested to know your perspective. I've already posted my result there to let you know my views.

Where do I came from? Leveragedbuyout would probably say that I'm sitting in a university campus in a western country smoking pot, slacking off, and dreaming about some leftist utopia. He would be half right.

So why would you need to criticize his interpretation in your last post in that thread ? When, considering the light of the situation and in your own admission, his posted view carried truth.

So why would you need to criticize his interpretation in your last post in that thread ? When, considering the light of the situation and in your own admission, his posted view carried truth.

Because I said he would only be half right. For example, I don't smoke pot. And I'm not representative of the majority of young adults.

cool, I did not know it.

I just look up a bit, tiếng Thổ is language which has a root in Mongolia.
Người Thổ (Trung Quốc) – Wikipedia tiếng Việt
1280px-Nadun_Picture_1.jpg
Even the wiki state that they have no relation with Tho ethic in VN. I don't think they are the same.

Are you Tay in native ethnic group ? very interesting.:cheers:
Both my parent are Tay. Me and my brother are Tay too. We don't know how to speak our native tongue though. That's a shame. 2 major disadvantages when learning native tongue are that their is no writing to record it, and more and more people speak Kinh instead of Tay.

Because I said he would only be half right. For example, I don't smoke pot. And I'm not representative of the majority of young adults.

I actually found @LeveragedBuyout 's interpretation of results and examples to be quite accurate. Of course you're not representative of majority of young adults, there are too many independent variable to be measured in such a large population , and one
? What do you mean? I am not Kinh BTW. I am Tay. Here is what our traditional woman clothes look like. Maybe you recognize them.
260px-Tay_Women.jpg

duc8815.jpg

To bad young people rarely wear them any more, and even don't know how to speak the native tongue.

How interesting. So you are a Tay ethnic? Is this ethnic group related to the Tai ethnic group found in Yunnan province ? Do you speak a dialect (variant) of the Tai Kadai linguistic family? Can you understand Lao and Thai words ?

And what language do the Zhuang people speak? Does it have any variance in lexical composition to the Southern Chinese dialects (Cantonese, Hokien) ?

-------
Zhuang people speak national language,Guangxi is a region where many ethnic people live together, lot of Cantonese and han words mix in Zhuang language.like another local people,also Zhuang people can speak many dialect,i can speak in Cantonese,Zhuang,Southwest mandarin.

-------
Zhuang people speak national language,Guangxi is a region where many ethnic people live together, lot of Cantonese and han words mix in Zhuang language.like another local people,also Zhuang people can speak many dialect,i can speak in Cantonese,Zhuang,Southwest mandarin.

Thank You, quite interesting.

-------
I wonder why Zhuang poeple are considered as Non-Han?
are you non-sinized?

I actually found @LeveragedBuyout 's interpretation of results and examples to be quite accurate. Of course you're not representative of majority of young adults, there are too many independent variable to be measured in such a large population , and one

Maybe you found Leveragedbuyout's interpretation accurate because both of you have similar background. Living in a developed country and are relatively well off.

A western developed country is not representative of the whole world. You guys are minority, the developing/third world is the majority. And even inside your developed nation, the Middle class is only one segment of your society.

I'm originally from a developing country. To be honest, third world people like us posting so much on forums are probably only the minority of our countrymen. But even if I'm a minority, I still know what the majority is like. I've seen hard working family have to stop their 16-17yrs children from goin to school and send them to work because family financial hardship. Sometime, there are younger kids, going to school and help family work. I've seen very intelligent kids, hard working and do well in school, can't afford to go higher education or have to drop out. And I bet the developing countries in Africa and South America is probably worst. There are lots of people who work hard and are intelligent, but cannot rise up without assistance from government. And without government regulation, their situation can be exploited by outside people.

This is the real situation of the majority world. The society that you and LeveragedBuyout live in, are only the minority.

You ask earlier in that thread (sorry I didn't reply it earlier) why so many Indians, Pakistani, Viet and Chinese members are left wing? well maybe this is the reason, we grew up in a developing countries and see these situation and know what is needed.

I think it wasn't a coincidence that only you, a Japanese, an American and a Filipino (along with a few other outliers) are right wing.

Maybe you found Leveragedbuyout's interpretation accurate because both of you have similar background. Living in a developed country and are relatively well off.

A western developed country is not representative of the whole world. You guys are minority, the developing/third world is the majority. And even inside your developed nation, the Middle class is only one segment of your society.

I'm originally from a developing country. To be honest, third world people like us posting so much on forums are probably only the minority of our countrymen. But even if I'm a minority, I still know what the majority is like. I've seen hard working family have to stop their 16-17yrs children from goin to school and send them to work because family financial hardship. Sometime, there are younger kids, going to school and help family work. I've seen very intelligent kids, hard working and do well in school, can't afford to go higher education or have to drop out. And I bet the developing countries in Africa and South America is probably worst. There are lots of people who work hard and are intelligent, but cannot rise up without assistance from government. And without government regulation, their situation can be exploited by outside people.

This is the real situation of the majority world. The society that you and LeveragedBuyout live in, are only the minority.

You ask earlier in that thread (sorry I didn't reply it earlier) why so many Indians, Pakistani, Viet and Chinese members are left wing? well maybe this is the reason, we grew up in a developing countries and see these situation and know what is needed.

I think it wasn't a coincidence that only you, a Japanese, an American and a Filipino (along with a few other outliers) are right wing.
care to explain why do you think most Viet members are left wing?
I consider myself liberal. I like the idea of liberalism. Your poll will never detect this.

Back
Top Bottom