What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

You look like a Mexican? And you are a refugee from the Vietnam war? You must be South Vietnamese. Your own Northern Vietnamese look down on Southern Vietnamese as inferior.
My family is from the North. My grandfather took the clan south when the communists were busy with their slaughter in the North.

But really...This is nothing but a feeble distraction from the uncomfortable truth that China is a racist country no matter how racist other Asians may be and that China have the military means to start the next racial/racist war in Asia, just like Imperial Japan once did.

My family is from the North. My grandfather took the clan south when the communists were busy with their slaughter in the North.

But really...This is nothing but a feeble distraction from the uncomfortable truth that China is a racist country no matter how racist other Asians may be and that China have the military means to start the next racial/racist war in Asia, just like Imperial Japan once did.

The warmongerers are countries which are making arbitrary claims to already occupied and claimed islands like the Philippines. Vietnam is much more racist than China and you know it, even the Vietnamese Americans here all hate darker skinned people. They think Laotians, Cambodians, and Chams are inferior, we have all of those people livinig in America and in return they also have negative views of Vietnamese.

Its not just the Vietnamese people having negative attitudes towards other southeast asians, Vietnam's policy treats Laos like a vassal state.

China has not claimed one inch beyond the borders it set in the 1940s. It even gave up claims like Kachin state in Myanmar and Mongolia.

The Chinese media hardly mentions Vietnam.

On the other side, the Vietnamese media is obsessed with demonizing China and Chinese people. As if China is doing something that's pissing them off really badly, but they can't do anything about it so they lash out in their media. Whenever something bad happens its because of China according to the Vietnamese media.

Obsessed 'hell' of southwestern girls - News VietNamNet

Rural girls marry foreign men for filial duty - News VietNamNet

Analyzing Vietnam-China trade relations - News VietNamNet

Chinese merchants flock to Vietnam to collect farm produce - News VietNamNet

And that's just the English version of Vietnamese media.

And speaking of refugees from Northern Vietnam to Southern Vietnam, South Vietnamese dictator Ngo Dinh Diem dumped tons of people like your grandfather onto Montagnard land and dispossed them of their land. Seeing as both the Montagnards and the northern Vietnamese refugees were Catholic, it could only have been racially motivated. The Vietnamese Communist Party continues to disposess the Montagnards of their land.

What an idiot. If you try to write in English, learn the proper way at first.

As for U.S. controlled China in 1963, 1969 or 1979, good imagination. :)

To teach mad dog like you a lesson, don't you see we have tighten the rope already in SCS???

The mad has his imaginations when he bite his master Soviets 1969 and others peoples 1962, 1979, mad is soon ready to change his master, it's lesion in the cold war.

You can now run around in SCS, but other peoples in region ( included your new máster in cold wảr, USA) don't let you break a international fence.

ussr was your dear daddy. you forget that?

As for your other nonsense, it is not worth refuting even here.

The mad has his imaginations when he bite his master Soviets 1969 and others peoples 1962, 1979, mad is soon ready to change his master, it's lesion in the cold war.

You can now run around in SCS, but other peoples in region ( included your new máster in cold wảr, USA) don't let you break a international fence.

History of Vietnam or
What do you want to know about Vietnam?

Thread has been opened as there are increasing complaints by other members due to off-topic comments in numerous non-Vietnam related threads. Hope on fruitful discussions and contributions. All comments except insult are welcome.

@djsjs, I believe you wanted to see this thread a year ago. :lol:

To day only I read the entire discussion. But no where no body has asked to know the difference between food habits between you and Chinese or are they are similar. Our people loves a lot of Chinese foods (indianised in some parts). Do you have something special that Chinese do not have? What is the typical breakfast/lunch/dinner in a normal/middle class Vietnamese family?

Last edited by a moderator:
You must be kidding. It's a picture you got from the Internet, it's not a picture in history book. Young artist can draws anything they want.

Dang+Tat-danh-bai-quan-Minh.jpg
I like this pic. Viet Nam is the only battlefield that the Mongols ever lost a General. To up the ante a bit, the Mongols lost around 10 Generals during their campaigns in Viet Nam:smokin:

ussr was your dear daddy. you forget that?

As for your other nonsense, it is not worth refuting even here.

USSR was our friend, same as Russia now. Forgotten that you learnt very hardly from ussr ?

mao-reading-stalin.jpg

I only know the characters on the right, 東京 Tokyo

Where do you get it?
Tokyo?

The picture is one shown in an exhibit featuring precious paintings on Vietnamese traditional costumes and headdresses which were used by the royal members and commoners from Ly dynasty (1009-1225) to Nguyen dynasty (1802 -1945).

http://tuoitrenews.vn/lifestyle/12402/exhibit-features-paintings-on-ancient-costumes-headdresses

There is nothing I want to know about Vietnam except how much for a pop.
you sound like a pyschopath.

Tokyo?

The picture is one shown in an exhibit featuring precious paintings on Vietnamese traditional costumes and headdresses which were used by the royal members and commoners from Ly dynasty (1009-1225) to Nguyen dynasty (1802 -1945).

http://tuoitrenews.vn/lifestyle/12402/exhibit-features-paintings-on-ancient-costumes-headdresses

you sound like a pyschopath.

Yes, I'm sure the two characters are 東京, which means Tokyo, unless 東京 has other meanings only in Vietnam. I'm not a scholar, you had better refer to other Chinese member's opinion.

Oh...wait, I just googled, it's an old name of Hanoi. It also means north Vietnam. I found that 東京 in Vietnamese are written in Đông Kinh. The pronunciation is similar to Chinese.

Here is the link.

東京 (越南) - 维基百科,自由的百科全书

To day only I read the entire discussion. But no where no body has asked to know the difference between food habits between you and Chinese or are they are similar.

Our people loves a lot of Chinese foods (indianised in some parts). Do you have something special that Chinese do not have? What is the typical breakfast/lunch/dinner in a normal/middle class Vietnamese family?
Chinese and Vietnamese dishes are similar, we all eat with chopsticks. LOL
Seriouly speaking, Vietnamese food is much better than of from the northern neighbor as we adopted many from the southeastern countries Laos, Cambodia or Thailand.

Our national dish is Pho, that can be eaten all day.

Pho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

800px-Pho_quay.JPG

street food

vietname-street-food-vendor1.jpg

Food-stall-Hanoi-1024x681.jpg

Ho-Chi-Minh-City-street-food-176.jpg

Vietnam-Ho-Chi-Minh-City-Saigon-Vietnamese-Food-Hawkers-Feb-2009-15.JPG

there are more goodies, pls check the list below

555px-Banh_cuon.jpg

List of Vietnamese dishes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, I'm sure the two characters are 東京, which means Tokyo, unless 東京 has other meanings only in Vietnam. I'm not a scholar, you had better refer to other Chinese member's opinion.

Oh...wait, I just googled, it's an old name of Hanoi. It also means north Vietnam. I found that 東京 in Vietnamese are written in Đông Kinh. The pronunciation is similar to Chinese.

Here is the link.

東京 (越南) - 维基百科,自由的百科全书
Yes, it means Hanoi.

Thang Long ('Ascending Dragon') (former Cổ Loa, present Hà Nội) was also called Đông Kinh (東京), meaning 'Eastern Capital'. (東京 is identical in meaning and written form in Chinese characters to that of Tokyo).[1][2]

Tonkin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chinese and Vietnamese dishes are similar, we all eat with chopsticks. LOL
Seriouly speaking, Vietnamese food is much better than of from the northern neighbor as we adopted many from the southeastern countries Laos, Cambodia or Thailand.

Our national dish is Pho, that can be eaten all day.

Pho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

800px-Pho_quay.JPG

street food

vietname-street-food-vendor1.jpg

Food-stall-Hanoi-1024x681.jpg

Ho-Chi-Minh-City-street-food-176.jpg

Vietnam-Ho-Chi-Minh-City-Saigon-Vietnamese-Food-Hawkers-Feb-2009-15.JPG

there are more goodies, pls check the list below

555px-Banh_cuon.jpg

List of Vietnamese dishes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kept some money to visit Singapore/Malaysia with family. But due to Rupee depreciation, postponed it. Now thinking again after the appreciation will go to Vietnam(Most of my friend have gone to those countries but not to Vietnam. But food must be only chicken related or Veg....is it plentifully available

Kept some money to visit Singapore/Malaysia with family. But due to Rupee depreciation, postponed it. Now thinking again after the appreciation will go to Vietnam(Most of my friend have gone to those countries but not to Vietnam.
But food must be only chicken related or Veg....is it plentifully available
no any problems. just tell the vendors that you want chicken or vegetable foods. how about this: Vietnamese Caramel Ginger Chicken (Ga Kho)

4513699118_4c5c1e99cc.jpg

I (myself) never say that a Vietnamese and southern Chinese people (or Yue people, Cantonese, Min yue, wo yue ...etc) are brothers, they are No-Hans from Yangtze only. We don't shared same bloodline with them, we are Jingzu. You, southern Hans (?) look down at us, we look down at you in same way. Southern Han is not shared 100 % bloodline with true Han in Yangtze river area.

In the past we fought against our enemy, they should be Hans, southern Hans or any...if they invaded in to Vietnam.

You are right, the ancient Baiyue people look like these girls in the pics, they were indeed very different from the modern Viets, but many Fujianese and Cantonese are indeed closely related to them. :coffee:

bZo9h7B.jpg

96w4kLt.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom