What's new

HISTORY OF MALABAR :DISCUSSIONS.

Bro you have no idea.
Outside of Mysore Tippu Sultan and his father was pure evil.Pure Religious Bigotary.
Nairs in Malabar opposed his invasion and show huge resistance .So he decimated all of us and made slaves that cant hold weapons. .He dont spare innocent christians also.
He further advanced to Travancore .But travancore Nair Army under Dharmaraja gave him huge defeat and bloody nose with minimal loss in Travancore side.
You can check wikipedia

'Battle Of Nedungotta'
@DRAY - look how they caught the bait. :D See my first post in this thread. :P

yeah..for eg-in lakshadweep Malayalam slang the word 'paar' means look/see just like in Tamil..
In kasargod Malayalam the word jaaga means land just like in Kannada..

Land in kannada is bhumi same as in malayalam and sanskrit.

Jaaga is from urdu world Jaga which is from the persian word Jagir which means land.

yeah..for eg-in lakshadweep Malayalam slang the word 'paar' means look/see just like in Tamil..
In kasargod Malayalam the word jaaga means land just like in Kannada..

nope..
Actually the older name of Cherthala is karappuram...

In our area if you want to throw away something .We say it as 'eduthu kalaa'.But in Malabar it will change as 'Ela chadikalaye'.

Land in kannada is bhumi same as in malayalam and sanskrit.

Jaaga is from urdu world Jaga which is from the persian word Jagir which means land.
yo..I do speak Kannada....jaaga,bhumi all denotes the same meaning in Kannada..
most common usage is jaaga..

Actually the older name of Cherthala is karappuram...

That's right. Karappuram is the real name of cherthala.

Do you have any information on the ancient ship ruins excavated in Thaickal; I have read reports that said it was carbon dated to be 1000 AD.

@DRAY - look how they caught the bait. :D See my first post in this thread. :P

History is a vast subject that you cant change or cant use as a tool for vesred interests.
Tipu fought against British fiercly.But that doesnt clear his wrongdoings in other parts of India .You cant ignore that lessons of history.

History is a vast subject that you cant change or cant use as a tool for vesred interests.
Tipu fought against British fiercly.But that doesnt clear his wrongdoings in other parts of India .You cant ignore that lessons of history.
I am aware of his war crimes and other atrocities. My first post was laced with sarcasm. :D He fought the British. But then so did the Mopillahs.

Well according to the history I read in the last battle against Tippu the British had only token force. The vast majority of the forces came from Hyderabad and Maratha.

That's right. Karappuram is the real name of cherthala.

Do you have any information on the ancient ship ruins excavated in Thaickal; I have read reports that said it was carbon dated to be 1000 AD.
no further information or studies..
Unfortunately that ship was excavated in Kerala...That ship and area was totally neglected nowadays..no one seems interested in its preservation and further studies..

Some how i knew i will join PDF one day.... That was the reason i never bothered to attend History classes :P.....

no further information or studies..
Unfortunately that ship was excavated in Kerala...That ship and area was totally neglected nowadays..no one seems interested in its preservation and further studies..

That ship is indeed a valuable assets but dont know its current state .

The name kerala is first mentioned in 261 BC in the edicts of Emperor Ashoka when he mentions one of his neighbours to the south as "Kedalaputho" or 'Kerala-puthra' as we understand it today. or it could very well mean "kadala puthra" or children of the ocean.

The name Keralam also find mentioning in Mahabharata.

Back
Top Bottom