What's new

Historical Background of Pakistan and its People

In Uk most curry houses are labelled Indian yet 1/2 are Pakistani or Bangladesh run and I could never tell the diffrence between a Pakistani or Indian especially if they were light toned in complexion also in genetic terms we more or less are the same people.

^ Again only indians say we are the same people.

I have yet to meet a 100% Pakistani who says we are the same people.

^ Again only indians say we are the same people.

I have yet to meet a 100% Pakistani who says we are the same people.

Maybe you have not but I met many Pakistanis who still share the notion we are the same people in the genetic sense.

Some progress. Now some admit that some Pakistanis have 'dark skin'. Most Pakistan have dark skin but that fact is difficult to swallow. take more time to accept :)

Some progress. Now some admit that some Pakistanis have 'dark skin'. Most Pakistan have dark skin but that fact is difficult to swallow. take more time to accept :)

well then let me just set your imginary progress a wee bit back .. fact of the matter is that most Pakistanis would have wheatish to brown skin tone where as for most indians it would be brown to dark.

The browns of Pakistan are still distinguishable from the browns of india based on the facial features , built and dress

So over all we are NOT the same people no matter how hard you try to convince your self ( since you cannot convince us :P )

From genetic point of view most people in Pakistan and in north india would be in the R1A1 groups but the R1A1 group also there in quite large numbers in Poland and south of Ukraine so does that mean they are also the 'same' .. No they arent , the genentic similarity is also a game if you take 12 markers on the Y-chromosome than a lot more people can be called 'same' if you take 24 markers on the Y-chromosome then even lesser numbers are the 'same' if you take 36 markers then even further lesser people are the 'same' and if you take the full Y-chromosome then no two individuals can be called the 'same' .. now chew on that and again come back and tell us that we are the 'same' :rofl:

well then let me just set your imginary progress a wee bit back .. fact of the matter is that most Pakistanis would have wheatish to brown skin tone where as for most indians it would be brown to dark.

The browns of Pakistan are still distinguishable from the browns of india based on the facial features , built and dress

So over all we are NOT the same people no matter how hard you try to convince your self ( since you cannot convince us :P )

From genetic point of view most people in Pakistan and in north india would be in the R1A1 groups but the R1A1 group also there in quite large numbers in Poland and south of Ukraine so does that mean they are also the 'same' .. No they arent , the genentic similarity is also a game if you take 12 markers on the Y-chromosome than a lot more people can be called 'same' if you take 24 markers on the Y-chromosome then even lesser numbers are the 'same' if you take 36 markers then even further lesser people are the 'same' and if you take the full Y-chromosome then no two individuals can be called the 'same' .. now chew on that and again come back and tell us that we are the 'same' :rofl:

Pakistan: Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashtun (Pathan), Baloch, Muhajir (immigrants from India and their descendants)Ethnicity and Race by Countries — Infoplease.com

Actually more or less we are the same the Punjabis in Pakistan are the same to Indian punjabi people as are the Muhajir's and the Sindis not to mention the Bengalis in Bangladesh and India.

I have been mistaken many times as a Pakistani and muslim due to being light toned what does that prove? how can you tell 100% if someone is Pakistani or Indian its total rubbish

Maybe you have not but I met many Pakistanis who still share the notion we are the same people in the genetic sense.

they are just misinformed then and poor souls have swallowed the indian propaganda

Pakistanis come in many different skin colors. I've met many good looking dark skin Pakistanis, but when I say dark I mean light brown not dark brown or black like you indians.

Even many African Americans I see walking here in New York are lighter than most of you dravadian indians :lol:

Actually more or less we are the same the Punjabis in Pakistan are the same to Indian punjabi people as are the Muhajir's and the Sindis not to mention the Bengalis in Bangladesh and India.

Punjabis are the largest ethnic group in Pakistan and make more than 45% of Pakistan's population. Punjabis make only 3% of India's population and are mostly Jatts. Punjabis in Pakistan are Muslim Jatts, Gujjars, Rajputs, Syyed, Qureshis, Gilani, Malik, Moghal, etc.. We have lots of diversity in our side of Punjab.

Sindhis, Pashtuns, Baloch when all combined dont even make 1% of india's population.

Muhajrs came from all over india during partition their descendents are 7% of Pakistan's population. Muhajirs is not an ethnic group.

What about more than 95% of india;s population who are nothing like Pakistani ethnic groups?

I have been mistaken many times as a Pakistani and muslim due to being light toned what does that prove? how can you tell 100% if someone is Pakistani or Indian its total rubbish

Again only indians say we are the same. Pakistanis never say we are the same. We Pakistanis can tell a Pakistani apart from an indian most of the time.

Punjabis are the largest ethnic group in Pakistan and make more than 45% of Pakistan's population. Punjabis make only 3% of India's population and are mostly Jatts. Punjabis in Pakistan are Muslim Jatts, Gujjars, Rajputs, Syyed, Qureshis, Gilani, Malik, Moghal, etc.. We have lots of diversity in our side of Punjab.

Sindhis, Pashtuns, Baloch when all combined dont even make 1% of india's population.

Muhajrs came from all over india during partition their descendents are 7% of Pakistan's population.

What about more than 95% of india;s population who are nothing like Pakistanis.

U are not Unique im sorry to say there is no such thing as Pakistani race this is a fact unless you can prove it

Again only indians say we are the same. Pakistanis never say we are the same. We Pakistanis can tell a Pakistani apart from an indian most of the time.

And again I say that is total rubbish from what i have experianced :tup:

I live not too far from New York and I would call myself anything but indian.

Sure! there are other demonyms to choose:Bharati,Hindustani

Even if someone put a gun on my head, I would never call myself indian I would rather die.

Why would anyone put a gun your head and ask you to call yourself Indian ?:woot:

By the way,spelling Indian isn't that difficult,if thats your original problem.

Try pronouncing it repeatedly.
In-di-ian

Pakistan: Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashtun (Pathan), Baloch, Muhajir (immigrants from India and their descendants)Ethnicity and Race by Countries — Infoplease.com

now you have come down to 'more or less' we are the same .. well then more or less all human beings are the same .. a black man can father children from a white woman just like a white man can father chidlren from a black woman. Human beings are same species and 'more or less' they are the 'same' .. how about that ?

Being 'same' or 'different' is all relative to some points of reference and for nation hood what are those reference points that set a two people apart ?

Is it based on skin colour ?
Is it based on language ?
Is based on the markers on the Y-chromosome ? ( and that too how deep a trace 12,24, 36 or what )
Is it based on our beliefs ?

No matter what you pick up from above , its nearly impossible to proove that indians and Pakistanis are 'same' people :bunny:

Back
Top Bottom