What's new

Historical Background of Pakistan and its People

Right, right, totally super-duper aryan man from space.

You should join storm front.

I am out..
:wave:

Some people don't even understand the term Aryan is obsolete from a racial,ethnic point of view.

Its only relevant from linguistic point.

Historical background of Pakistan's ethnic groups will a more appropriate and relevant subject to discuss here.

Another important point to note would be the fact that modern day Pakistan was a buffer for invasions/migrations to modern day India.
Hence the impact of Greeks, Sakas, Parthians, Kushans, Hephthalites, Afghans, Arabs etc should not be ignored in this process.

Historical background of Pakistan's ethnic groups will a more appropriate and relevant subject to discuss here.

Another important point to note would be the fact that modern day Pakistan was a buffer for invasions/migrations to modern day India.
Hence the impact of Greeks, Sakas, Parthians, Kushans, Hephthalites, Afghans, Arabs etc should not be ignored in this process.

Pakistanis are not related to arabs. We are genetically very different from arabs. arab genes in Pakistan are at very low levels, and can only be found is parts of Balochistan and Sindh.

Distribution of Haplogroup J (arab/semetic marker) ;

800px-Distribution_Haplogroup_J_Y-DNA.svg.png

Last edited:
Pakistanis are not related to arabs. We are genetically very different from arabs. arab genes in Pakistan are at very low levels, and can only be found is parts of Balochistan and Sindh.

Distribution of Haplogroup J;

Very interesting!

Do you any info on the most frequently occurring haplogroup in Pakistan?

Distribution_Haplogroup_L_Y-DNA.svg

Haplogroup L

R1a1a+Underhill.jpg

Haplogroup R1a

Haplogroup_R_(Y-DNA).PNG

Distribution_Haplogroup_T_Y-DNA_II.svg

Haplogroup T

Haplogroup J

ancient Haplogroup F. This haplogroup and its subclades contain more than 90% of the world's existing male population. Two places of origin, either in the Middle east or South Asia.

Haplogroup_F_%28Y-DNA%29.PNG

Haplogroup_F_(Y-DNA).jpg

Haplogroup H-It is a branch of Haplogroup F, and is believed to have arisen in India between 20,000 and 30,000 years ago. Its probable site of introduction is India since it is concentrated there. It seems to represent the main Y-haplogroup of the indigenous paleolithic inhabitants of India, because it is the most frequent Y-haplogroup of tribal populations (25-35%). On the other hand, its presence in upper castes is quite rare (ca. 10%)

Last edited:
Even though Pakistan and india are right next to each other, there's still a huge difference between us in skin colour.. it's weird;

Map%2009.jpg

On this map Pakistan is mostly Medium yellow (15-17), and dark yellow (18-20) in South Pakistan.. but for india it's vastly different from Pakistan, india is mostly orange (21-23) , medium-purple (24-26) or dark-purple (27-29).
indians are more similiar to sub-sahara Africans, East Africans, and Australian abrogines in terms of skin colour... it's just soo weird.

Even though Pakistan and india are right next to each other, there's still a huge difference between us in skin colour.. it's weird;

Its not strange at all, the once closest to the equator on average are darker. It also depends on environment too. In parts of Africa when the sun is baring on you 24/7, eventually some sort of natural selection will choose darker skin tone for better survivability. And its not a HUGE DIFFERENCE. Have you seen everyday Punjabis from Pakistan in New York?A lot of them are tunes of brown.

Last edited:
Its not strange at all, the once closest to the equator are the darkest. And its not a HUGE DIFFERENCE. Have you seen everyday Punjabis from Pakistanis in New York?

Yes, it's a huge difference =)

I don't live in New York, but i know there are a fair amount of Pakistani-Americans there. :agree:

Yes, it's a huge difference =)

I don't live in New York, but i know there are a fair amount of Pakistani-Americans there. :agree:

Maybe with Pashtons or mixed, a lot of Punjabi-Pakistanis are shades of brown..

I see Pakistanis like every day, lol.

So glad for my fellow Pakistanis busting the myth of a unified sub continent, especially our learned Brother Pure Aryan and also PakZeeshan:)

Indus Valley Civilization = Ancient Pakistan = Geographic Pakistan = Modern Pakistan :)

Back
Top Bottom