What's new

Hindutva and Zionism hurdles to peace and democracy: Scholars

^^^
I just explained what is keeping people from being liked by BJP. Tell me which words out of these you take issue with. Please be patient with me and explain your view point. I want to understand and learn.

Why did BJP fail? did they not only lose the vote of the very people who supported them on issues like the Ram Mandir which they backtracked on once they came into power?

Shining Indian campaign was one of the worse PR exercises I have ever seen also.

Who was a better president of India a Mr Abdul Kalam or Pratibha Patil? who was a better PM Vajpayee or the weakest PM in Indian history Dr Singh?

Why did BJP fail? did they not only lose the vote of the very people who supported them on issues like the Ram Mandir which they backtracked on once they came into power?
Shining Indian campaign was one of the worse PR exercises I have ever seen also.
Sadly we will never know why. But I agree that 'India Shining' spat in their face. Campaigns like that need time to build up public perception. I would go on to say that Congress could ride on a similar 'feel good' wave to win 2009 election, because they made up this grand BS saying India is going to be a global superpower.
But I believe that is not all. Do you think Godhra had not effect at all on the election in 2004?

Sadly we will never know why. But I agree that 'India Shining' spat in their face. Campaigns like that need time to build up public perception. I would go on to say that Congress could ride on a similar 'feel good' wave to win 2009 election, because they made up this grand BS saying India is going to be a global superpower.
But I believe that is not all. Do you think Godhra had not effect at all on the election in 2004?

It must have and I condone it but did Congress not also conduct operation blue star and the Sikh riots while BJP were aganist it?
Im not saying either party is perfect but from what I have seen in the last few years of congress compared to when BJP were in power I know where my vote is going this time.

Just on the economic front they have failed and thats the sole reason I wont be voting congress

Your not getting my point leave it

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

the word Hindu was further popularized for Arabs and further west by the Arabic term al-Hind referring to the land of the people who live across river Indus[7] and the Persian term Hindū referring to all Indians. By the 13th century, Hindustān emerged as a popular alternative name of India, meaning the "land of Hindus".

you know how many muslims call India Hindustan? :agree:

Even in America 19th Century they called Indians as Hindu. In Anthropology Books the Indian Caucasian Type is called "the Hindu". So its really a cultural term.

Even in America 19th Century they called Indians as Hindu. In Anthropology Books the Indian Caucasian Type is called "the Hindu". So its really a cultural term.

Yep thats why India is called Hindustan by so many people including Indian muslims the word was coined as a geographic term.

Who was a better president of India a Mr Abdul Kalam or Pratibha Patil? who was a better PM Vajpayee or the weakest PM in Indian history Dr Singh?
You are cherrypicking I guess. But I will answer this interesting question.

a) Obviously Kalam
b) Little bit harder to answer.
Vajpayee succeeded with nuclear tests. Big bonus.
But he also authorized this: Operation Parakram
Manmohan's advisors just created a media frenzy and diplomatic soup on Mumbai attacks that hurt Pakistan so bad, they are set back 10 years behind any diplomatic push with US or Europe. BBC makes documentaries vilifying Pakistan. You may think only military wars are waged by countries.

This so called Hindutva, the variety propagated by extremist groups in the RSS 'parivaar', is nothing but a fascist ideology just like the extreme right Islamic fundamentalists like the Taliban.
OH you are apprently wrong here on equating RSS with those religious bigots taliban.
RSS had served nation in various ours of need like natural disaster and they were even responded first infacte way earlier then GOI.
And about the fundamentilism, i would say you should vist to RSS-shakha once and experience (prefer sunday to visit)it first hand.

You are cherrypicking I guess. But I will answer this interesting question.

a) Obviously Kalam
b) Little bit harder to answer.
Vajpayee succeeded with nuclear tests. Big bonus.
But he also authorized this: Operation Parakram
Manmohan's advisors just created a media frenzy and diplomatic soup on Mumbai attacks that hurt Pakistan so bad, they are set back 10 years behind any diplomatic push with US or Europe. BBC makes documentaries vilifying Pakistan. You may think only military wars are waged by countries.

26/11 was not just a attack on India or Indians but many foreign nationals also died so it got put in the same bracket as 7/7, 9/11 etc. One must take into account where India was during BJP rule and the present status where India as a big economic power is courted by the west and in particular USA.

Also i remember when 26/11 happened the first person outside the Taj who flew in from Gujarat was Mr Modi this was while the attack was going on where was our PM? or Sonia gandhi? or Rahul i never saw them

The Hindu Racial Type belongs to the Caucasian/White Race.

"Anthropology: Race, Language, Culture, Psychology, Pre-History" by A.L. Kroeber (1948)
image19rd.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

It clearly states its "the hindu"

It must have and I condone it but did Congress not also conduct operation blue star and the Sikh riots while BJP were aganist it?
Im not saying either party is perfect but from what I have seen in the last few years of congress compared to when BJP were in power I know where my vote is going this time.

Just on the economic front they have failed and thats the sole reason I wont be voting congress

Please lookup the word condone and confirm that you mean it. Everyone condemns BlueStar. That is one of the two things India hates Indira for. Same with Sikh riots. But Congress openly took responsiblity and apologised to the nation on that. To this day, Modi will not express regret or accept responsibility in failing to protect people in Gujarath(In only one video on DD when he appeal for calm, does he sound strong against riots). Doesn't that sound like a wink to the radicals in his party?

I agree with youon the economic front. Inflation is at an all time high now. Rupee is at an all time low. So now you are not to the right, I believe :). you are just reasonable. Proves my point about India moving to the centre :woot:

Please lookup the word condone and confirm that you mean it. Everyone condemns BlueStar. That is one of the two things India hates Indira for. Same with Sikh riots. But Congress openly took responsiblity and apologised to the nation on that. To this day, Modi will not express regret or accept responsibility in failing to protect people in Gujarath(In only one video on DD when he appeal for calm, does he sound strong against riots). Doesn't that sound like a wink to the radicals in his party?

I agree with youon the economic front. Inflation is at an all time high now. Rupee is at an all time low. So now you are not to the right, I believe :). you are just reasonable. Proves my point about India moving to the centre :woot:

Yep and Modi should not apologise because he did not start the riots, how did Gujarat riots start? well it started with the burning of innocent women and children and later turned into a mass riot where both hindus and muslims died so i agree that Modi should not apologise for it as he never started it.

Just on the economic front compare what Modi is doing in Gujarat why is 99% of Indian private companies behind Modi? like TATA, Reliance etc

Heck even China listens to Modi and they released some gujarati diamond traders who were smuggling :)

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

So that gave him a green light to commit genocide ?

Sir who did the rioting Modi? or people? did Modi go with a can of kerosine and start burning people?

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

On 27 February 2002, 58 Hindus including 25 women and 15 children, activists of the Vishva Hindu Parishad and other Hindu pilgrims (Kar Sevaks) returning by the Sabarmathi express train from Ayodhya,were burnt alive in a railway coach by a large Muslim mob - trigger for riots you need a spark and this was one big spark

next what happen?

Tension gripped parts of Gujarat state while examinations all over the state were canceled. The Vishwa Hindu Parishad has called for a statewide bandh to protest burning of Godhra train burning. Fearing communal clashes the administration imposed a curfew in several areas. Rapid Action Force were deployed in Godhra's sensitive area and around Godhra station.[26] On March 1 the Indian government dispatched around 1,000 paramilitary personnel to Gujarat and asked the army to be on standby to maintain law and order in the state. The Army began flag marches in the worst-affected areas and shoot-at-sight orders were issued in 34 curfew-bound cities and towns in Gujarat.

Yep and Modi should not apologise because he did not start the riots, how did Gujarat riots start? well it started with the burning of innocent women and children and later turned into a mass riot where both hindus and muslims died so i agree that Modi should not apologise for it as he never started it.
He was the CM of the state. He failed to protect innocent life. I hope we agree on the point that innocents got killed in the riots. So he should take responsibility for human life. Upwards of 1000 people got killed in your state because of law and order problem. You are responsible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom