What's new

Hindutva and Zionism hurdles to peace and democracy: Scholars

Yep but right now India is under the control of the satanic ***** sonia gandhi and her half breed son but this is the Kali yuga and such things were told in the past this would happen.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

South Asia Mail

Hindus condemn dismantling of Gypsy camp in Rome

by believe im agnostic
by practice christian
but i strongly identify with india and indian religions, but for me its more way of live and culture than religious practice. i dont really believe in it. For me hindutva means nationalism thats why i support it, indian tribes need to unite. i wouldnt exclude an muslim or pakistani either if he says i want to join the hindutva struggle, his ancestors belong also to greater india and somewhere in the past they were probably hindus. i would let him pray to allah if his loyalties are towards bharat and not towards the muslim ummah. same with a christian whos loyalties are not towards the pope or other church authorities but towards india

bharatamba is our mother

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

i dont know if my believe can be accepted as such by hindutvas. ?

by believe im agnostic
by practice christian
but i strongly identify with india and indian religions, but for me its more way of live and culture than religious practice. i dont really believe in it. For me hindutva means nationalism thats why i support it, indian tribes need to unite. i wouldnt exclude an muslim or pakistani either if he says i want to join the hindutva struggle, his ancestors belong also to greater india and somewhere in the past they were probably hindus. i would let him pray to allah if his loyalties are towards bharat and not towards the muslim ummah. same with a christian whos loyalties are not towards the pope or other church authorities but towards india

bharatamba is our mother

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

i dont know if my believe can be accepted as such by hindutvas. ?

You hit the nail on the head :tup: hindutva welcomes all religions because:

Conversion of faith does not have to imply conversion to another culturevor nature. Therefore, Hindutva can remain to be interred in a non-Hindu in India.

Hindutva -- Subramanian Swamy

In my house i have a statue of Jesus Christ and of Virgin Mary because i respect them highley even Gandhi said we love your Jesus but not your Christians because at that time the portuguese etc were doing evil in the name of Christianity which is against the teachings of Jesus.

Hindus support Gypsies. So yes i like them.

Gypsies or Romas are true brand ambassador of Hinduism. Where ever they went they loved and respected the local culture and Law of land. I have never heard Romas creating non-sense on foreign land or demanding undue favor. At the same time they kept there culture alive and intact.

The best thing about Hinduism is "Unity in diversity", Sythian,Persian, Jews Greek, Romans, hun, kushan all came to Hindustan and accepted by hindus.

Tolerance and peace is Hindu nature, Be it Budhha,khan Abdul Gaffar khan, gandhi or anna hazare, all preach about peace. Indian Muslims are one of the most peaceful and tolerant Muslims in world. A Indian muslim don't bother about shia,sunni,ahmedi or kafir. Same goes to Indian cristians, they too are one of the peace loving and tolerant ppl.

Problem comes when one try to disassociate himself from indian root and try to attach himself to Arebic or vatican root.

Have always felt their are similarities
Their only similarity is that they share the same line in your words and the conference's name. If you go through the article, you can see that. I am not supporting Hindutva or Zionism. I am just saying your logic is Zionism is bad, Hindutva is similar to Zionism(from the article) and ergo they are from the same tree. So much for intellectual masturbation. Please don't claim that you meant they are only 'similar' and not same, because you gave out your agenda in the above single line. To draw a line between yourself and your 'enemies'.

One Religion [Hinduism], One Race [Indic], One Country [AkhandBharat]

~thats how i understand hindutva, but they do have suspicious racial elements in their ranks. tell me if im wrong.

Hindutva is radical Hindu nationalism masquerading as Indic nationalism. Their political face is BJP(BJP). Hindutva's tone started as 'India is for Hindus only' in the 1940s. They were helped by the formation of Pakistan(for starters Pakistan's formation was based on the principle that 'Hindus and Muslims are two different nations'). As with any such racist, divisive ideologies, they failed to retain support. So they cooled down their rhetoric a bit. Today they came to a level where they still say 'India is for Hindus only' but they also preach that we(including indian muslims and other religions) are all hindus because hinduism is just a way of life and hence their original motto is not fascist. More like the racists in US today hiding under the shed of free market, less taxes and less government spending(because if government spends less on social spending, the blacks are the most affected).
Hindutvas support has been steadily declining since the 40s. Their strongholds are those areas surroundings with high concentration of Muslim neighborhoods, because these are the people who are and who can be scared of the muslims easily. And the issues they take up are more and more trivial( See Demolition_of_Babri_Masjid). Their support among minority youth is zilch and even among Hindu youth, radicals are very few. After the media revolution in India(after people understood the mechanics of riots and internal disturbances), they got wiped away from South India almost completely. Their current strongholds are Western and Central India.

India is becoming a Hindu fundamentalist state.
Actually we are getting away from it. You should check your facts and start getting a better newspaper.

Hindutva is radical Hindu nationalism masquerading as Indic nationalism. Their political face is BJP(BJP). Their Their tone started as 'India is for Hindus only' in the 1940s. They were helped by the formation of Pakistan(for starters Pakistan was based on the principle that 'Hindus and Muslims are two different nations'). As with any such racist, divisive ideologies, they failed to retain support. So they cooled down their rhetoric a bit. Today they came to a level where they still say 'India is for Hindus only' but they also preach that we(including indian muslims and other religions) are all hindus because hinduism is just a way of life and hence their original motto is not fascist. More like the racists in US today hiding under the shed of free market, less taxes and less government spending(because if government spends less on social spending, the blacks are the most affected).
Hindutvas support has been steadily declining since the 40s. Their strongholds are those areas surroundings with high concentration of Muslim neighborhoods, because these are the people who are and who can be scared of the muslims easily. And the issues they take up are more and more trivial( See Demolition_of_Babri_Masjid). Their support among minority youth is zilch and even among Hindu youth, radicals are very few. After the media revolution in India(after people understood the mechanics of riots and internal disturbances), they got wiped away from South India almost completely. Their current strongholds are Western and Central India.

today youth are more right wing than the previous generation..because they can see through the likes of congress, sp, many english news channels and their minority appeasement...unless these parties change their stance to a more equal approach it is only going to increase...its the same condition as in europe where each and every country is veering more towards right wingers...

Hindutva is radical Hindu nationalism masquerading as Indic nationalism. Their political face is BJP(BJP). Their Their tone started as 'India is for Hindus only' in the 1940s. They were helped by the formation of Pakistan(for starters Pakistan was based on the principle that 'Hindus and Muslims are two different nations'). As with any such racist, divisive ideologies, they failed to retain support. So they cooled down their rhetoric a bit. Today they came to a level where they still say 'India is for Hindus only' but they also preach that we(including indian muslims and other religions) are all hindus because hinduism is just a way of life and hence their original motto is not fascist. More like the racists in US today hiding under the shed of free market, less taxes and less government spending(because if government spends less on social spending, the blacks are the most affected).

Actually we are getting away from it. You should check your facts and start getting a better newspaper.

I think this is not true, wherever i went to online RSS/Hindutva i was warmly welcomed. When you say Mera Bharat Mahan. You are an Hindu and welcomed.

I think this is not true, wherever i went to online RSS/Hindutva i was warmly welcomed. When you say Mera Bharat Mahan. You are an Hindu and welcomed.
That is what I said will happen. Please read my words carefully. Their current policy is that as long as you are willing to call yourself or be called by them as a Hindu, they will welcome you. Because in their minds all Indians are Hindus. You may not have any objection calling yourself a Hindu to get a warm welcome from them. But many Indians have a problem being called Hindu. Essentially they are making the word Hindu less objectionable to other religions in a questionable manner.

today youth are more right wing than the previous generation..because they can see through the likes of congress, sp, many english news channels and their minority appeasement...unless these parties change their stance to a more equal approach it is only going to increase...its the same condition as in europe where each and every country is veering more towards right wingers...
I agree with your concerns on reservations and other things. But that is not a reason enough to fall into the radicals' lap. If you are true about Europe moving right, it is based on issues and due to a lack of alternative just like in India. Not because the population itself is moving right.

That is what I said will happen. Please read my words carefully. Their current policy is that as long as you are willing to call yourself or be called by them as a Hindu, they will welcome you. Because in their minds all Indians are Hindus. You may not have any objection calling yourself a Hindu to get a warm welcome from them. But many Indians have a problem being called Hindu. Essentially they are making the word Hindu less objectionable to other religions in a questionable manner.

What is the word hindu? the word hindu comes from the persians for those living beyond the river indus so technically yes everyone living in India is a hindu thats a fact.

The word hindu does not appear anywhere in the Gita or Vedas does it?

I agree with your concerns on reservations and other things. But that is not a reason enough to fall into the radicals' lap. If you are true about Europe moving right, it is based on issues and due to a lack of alternative just like in India. Not because the population itself is moving right.

even in india they dont have much alternative....every other political party except bjp has no qualms about pandering to minority sentiments to get votes...so whom do the right wing people automatically support...bjp..

if people are really concerned about growth of right wing in india..then they need to make sure minority appeasement policies of the political parties for the sake of votes stop...if it continues..then you cant blame hindus for becoming more and more right wing..

What is the word hindu? the word hindu comes from the persians for those living beyond the river indus so technically yes everyone living in India is a hindu thats a fact.

The word hindu does not appear anywhere in the Gita or Vedas does it?

Why don't you ask Nitin Gadkari or Advani or find some religious RSS guy and ask him to declare himself as a Muslim. Becausse thee word technically means 'one who submits to God'.
More to the point, the word Hindu might have stood for what you said, long time ago. Today others religions consider Hinduism as a competitor. You may think Hinduism is special, but for theem it is just another religion. They don't care about understanding it to decide whether it is just a way of life or not. It is for them(at least for a large percentage of them) a religion, period. What is so surprising in that?

Why don't you ask Nitin Gadkari or Advani or find some religious RSS guy and ask him to declare himself as a Muslim. Becausse thee word technically means 'one who submits to God'.
More to the point, the word Hindu might have stood for what you said, long time ago. Today others religions consider Hinduism as a competitor. You may think Hinduism is special, but for theem it is just another religion. They don't care about understanding it to decide whether it is just a way of life or not. It is for them(at least for a large percentage of them) a religion, period. What is so surprising in that?

Your not getting my point leave it

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

the word Hindu was further popularized for Arabs and further west by the Arabic term al-Hind referring to the land of the people who live across river Indus[7] and the Persian term Hindū referring to all Indians. By the 13th century, Hindustān emerged as a popular alternative name of India, meaning the "land of Hindus".

you know how many muslims call India Hindustan? :agree:

^^^
I just explained what is keeping people from being liked by BJP. Tell me which words out of these you take issue with. Please be patient with me and explain your view point. I want to understand and learn.

Thanks for the explanation. Very much appreciate it.
But how does that change anything? You are still asking Muslims(for that matter all Indians) to call themselves Hindus. I object to that.
If it is just a technical name, why can't just call myself 'Indian' and still be equally patriotic?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom