What's new

Hindus, Muslims should fight poverty, not each other: PM Narendra Modi

Modi is voted for development and helped by Congress by being shittier than anyone had ever thought. But it is depressing that some lunatics is destroying most of goodwill that he has created till now, and this is coming from a BJP supporter.

But atleast something is better than nothing and especially the part (which I feel most are missing here...) where he said..'"don't listen to politicians using incidents for petty gains, even if your PM says so, don't fall for it...". Also, the fact that our media 24x7 and 365 days a year blames each and every issue on Modi and asks for a statement regarding everything, it not only dilutes the PM's gravity but also, is practically impossible for him to express his views on everything. There is a reason why the government has Home Ministry, Ministry of State affairs, etc...

A lakshmanrekha was crossed in Dadri bro. And he should have spoken.

This from a card carrying BJP guy, SS sympathizer and upper echelon friend, and Modi admirer also.

This from a card carrying BJP guy, SS sympathizer and upper echelon friend, and Modi admirer also.
Is it? Was it the first time some one was killed for his eating habits?

I have seen shittier excuses bro.

This is a welcome statement but I would have fully praised him, had he specifically condemned this incident.

There are 1000,000 incidents every day in India.

Why don't you make a list of all those he needs to "specifically condemn" and email it to him daily ?

Some may argue that he is the PM of the country and cannot comment on each and every incident (which is a fair argument) but It is my belief that PM being the servant of the people should respond to such incidents wherever it is appropriate, more so when we have a PM in Modi who is probably the best communicator India has ever had in it's history.

So Modi for the sin of being a Hindu and for the horrific sin of being a Hindutva PM has the additional moral responsibility to respond to "such incidents" ? :cheesy:

Nice.

Maybe Modi should just convert to Islam so that he does not have to carry this additional burden. what say ? :coffee:

At times I really believe its about time BJP puts some ground rules to anybody working under its banner... especially in villages of the hinterland. Infact, some BJP members have told me here in mumbai (where BJP is very mild compared to Shiv Sena surprisingly :) that while they support anti-cow slaughter campaigns, most of the members actually DISAGREE WITH whatever happened strongly. No matter what, killing a person is out of question.

But one thing he mentioned which is quite a valid point.... today BJP has perhaps the most number of karyakartas/ members of any parties in India. It is ruling in 12 states today. Any member causing any mischief at any nook and corner is practically impossible to control and track. But the remedy is that the upper echelons PUT DOWN RULES/ LINES that should never be crossed no matter what. Thing is, you can challenge the law or even do protests. But should not be a mob justice whatever be the reasons.

Killing that man was a shitty thing to do Sarthak.

When you are 80% of the populace you need to behave like that.

Only you can decide what that is going to be.

Cheers, Doc

Good point.

So the real problem is Hindus being 80% of the population.

Second problem is they choose to make themselves heard.

Third problem is they do not "behave" the way others want them to behave. (obedient slaves ?)

cheers. doc.

At times I really believe its about time BJP puts some ground rules to anybody working under its banner... especially in villages of the hinterland. Infact, some BJP members have told me here in mumbai (where BJP is very mild compared to Shiv Sena surprisingly :) that while they support anti-cow slaughter campaigns, most of the members actually DISAGREE WITH whatever happened strongly. No matter what, killing a person is out of question.

But one thing he mentioned which is quite a valid point.... today BJP has perhaps the most number of karyakartas/ members of any parties in India. It is ruling in 12 states today. Any member causing any mischief at any nook and corner is practically impossible to control and track. But the remedy is that the upper echelons PUT DOWN RULES/ LINES that should never be crossed no matter what. Thing is, you can challenge the law or even do protests. But should not be a mob justice whatever be the reasons.

Good point.

BJP workers must be asked to follow the law.

oh wait .............. don't ALL Indians have to follow the law ? now I am confused :what:

I get that our PM was not strong enough in his words. He should have been specific and should have condemned the whole thing, without conditions.

However Sir @Joe Shearer and @scorpionx what I feel repulsive is the Media which inflated the issue so much that people have to take sides in the debate cause anyone who comes neutral to such communal incidents cannot remain in a neutral stand. Cause if he does, people label as per the arguments put forward minus the context.

I hate to justify any of what happened but cannot ignore the statement by Nayantara Shagal on asking why she did not give the award back in 1984 this is all she could come up with

Media is also partly to be blamed. Channels like NDTV and print media like The Hindu are so much anti BJP that at times they sound vehemently anti-Hindus. Any muslimn likked is basically a communal death. I mean WTF. Can' there be a normal crime comitted where the victim is muslim? They day and night harp about Hindutva Hindutva..... all these secular liberals like Sehgal are Congress family members. they are ought to reject BJP. Whats the big deal?

APJ Kalam supported NDA and he has anyday 1000 times qualifications than these self declared liberals. Why shouldn't I follow Kalam sir?

These anti-Hindu media houses are maligning more and more moderate Hindus (including me.... who happened to be neutral till a few years back). Why you think BJP suddenly has 12 states from a mere 6-7 a decade ago?

Good point.

So the real problem is Hindus being 80% of the population.

Second problem is they choose to make themselves heard.

Third problem is they do not "behave" the way others want them to behave. (obedient slaves ?)

cheers. doc.

Good point.

BJP workers must be asked to follow the law.

oh wait .............. don't ALL Indians have to follow the law ? now I am confused :what:

Exactly. Everyone should follow the law. From the anti-Hindu NGOS of Setalvad et-al to mobs who kill a person (even if he has done a crime). Why have courts and police then ?

Bro the BJP is not just a party any longer.

It is the Government of India.

They need to lay down the rules for the COUNTRY.

Every citizen.

And draw clear lines that should not, cannot be crossed.

And the clear and unambiguous and SWIFT penalty should they be crossed.

Exactly. Everyone should follow the law. From the anti-Hindu NGOS of Setalvad et-al to mobs who kill a person (even if he has done a crime). Why have courts and police then ?

We possibly have courts and police BECAUSE its established that people DO NOT Follow the law ? :azn:

Irrespective of what they CLAIM on internet forums :P

Every citizen.

Hmmm....... ANOTHER GOOD POINT.

BJP now needs to have One clear Line for its party workers and ANOTHER clear line for the rest of the citizens of India :cheesy:

Double standards is the path to "secularism" :P

Every citizen.

Not possible in Indian politics brother. No body is saint. IDEALLY it should happen. But in this country its not an exception but a rule. Same with Congress and its 10 years at power who were even worse in governing. They perhaps did corruptions amounting to 1/5th our then 1.7 trillion GDP in 10 years :disagree::o:

At best, I hope Modi and the respecteable cabinet members can do that (Jaitley, Swaraj, Gadkari...)

Media is also partly to be blamed. Channels like NDTV and print media like The Hindu are so much anti BJP that at times they sound vehemently anti-Hindus. Any muslimn likked is basically a communal death. I mean WTF. Can' there be a normal crime comitted where the victim is muslim? They day and night harp about Hindutva Hindutva..... all these secular liberals like Sehgal are Congress family members. they are ought to reject BJP. Whats the big deal?

APJ Kalam supported NDA and he has anyday 1000 times qualifications than these self declared liberals. Why shouldn't I follow Kalam sir?

These anti-Hindu media houses are maligning more and more moderate Hindus (including me.... who happened to be neutral till a few years back). Why you think BJP suddenly has 12 states from a mere 6-7 decade ago?
I feel that too bro. I mean I never gave a second thought about politics and saw the incident as it is.

The intellectuals in their hate for the incident will go to any lengths to protest, even if it means detaching themselves completely off the ground realities.

The journalists who were in shock about the Yulin festival, where Dogs are slaughtered, could not understand their own countrymen esp the farmers who revere the cow for not just religious values but for the major source of their livelihood.

I get that our PM was not strong enough in his words. He should have been specific and should have condemned the whole thing, without conditions.

However Sir @Joe Shearer and @scorpionx what I feel repulsive is the Media which inflated the issue so much that people have to take sides in the debate cause anyone who comes neutral to such communal incidents cannot remain in a neutral stand. Cause if he does, people label as per the arguments put forward minus the context.

I hate to justify any of what happened but cannot ignore the statement by Nayantara Shagal on asking why she did not give the award back in 1984 this is all she could come up with

I think we are all worried about our media. Depending on our point of view, they are a runaway train, or a falling avalanche, or something horrific, anything but normal and healthy.

Not possible in Indian politics brother. No body is saint. IDEALLY it should happen. But in this country its not an exception but a rule. Same with Congress and its 10 years at power who were even worse in governing. They perhaps did corruptions amounting to 1/5th our then 1.7 trillion GDP in 10 years :disagree::o:

At best, I hope Modi and the respecteable cabinet members can do that (Jaitley, Swaraj, Gadkari...)

This is a cop-out. NOT acceptable. It is in your hands and my hands. Pretending that this is inevitable is a total abdication of responsibility.

I think we are all worried about our media. Depending on our point of view, they are a runaway train, or a falling avalanche, or something horrific, anything but normal and healthy.

This is a cop-out. NOT acceptable. It is in your hands and my hands. Pretending that this is inevitable is a total abdication of responsibility.

Again I repeat. In an idealistic world where we actually cherish the concepts of state secularism, multicultural diversity and an utopian culture which treats people based on values and issues and not on castes and religions, this would be in my hands.

I hate to say this, buit go out from Mumbai/ Kolkata/ Delhi into the interior hinterlands.... castes, religion and petty issues like sub-categories decides the fortunes in day to day life. Politicians are only an extension of our society and our mindset at large. Afterall, it is us who vote for them, isn't it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom