What's new

Hindus, Muslims should fight poverty, not each other: PM Narendra Modi

I am interested to know why you believe that India would not survive?

India has survived until 1976 without these. What has changed now? Do you think the antinational forces are more powerful today than prior to 1976? Should I read this as your concern or a threat?

The Constitution (Forty-second Amendment) Act, 1976

It is getting more and more precarious.

If you look at the figures from 1947 on, you will see that the percentage of Indians living in cities has grown steadily.

I will interrupt myself at this point to ask if you can wait a couple of hours, perhaps even till tomorrow evening. I have some deadlines to keep (have overshot one by 24 hours already), and it won't be taken well if I miss by a very large margin. Apologies but I will certainly be back - eftsoons.

You know I have often agreed with you in the past as to why things are the way they are.

The course you advocate would be akin to open heart surgery without anesthesia in midst of a burning hospital with India as the unfortunate patient.

Why is religion so important, I could never understand - there are plenty of things to fight for but religion shouldn't be on the list. It has no tangible value.

Anyway good luck!

Your are only partially correct.

Religion as a philosophy to understand/reach god is different than Religion as a political tool.

The first one is innocuous while the second is deadly.

Unfortunately, the second option has been used time and again in case of India. That is the reality and tragedy.

Let me give my personal example.

I came from a very lower middle class family. By day 10 we use run out of the money and it use to be very difficult period to survive for the new 20 days of the month. In spite of that my father decided to send me to a reputed missionary college. I use to pay around a fee Rs1200 per quarter but one of my friend use to pay only Rs 300 as he was able to produce the documentation that he was a Christian. Fast forward two years, he got in a good Engineering college than me as he was able to produce a backward class certificate while I had to fight in the FC category. This is what has created a sense of discrimination for generations of people due to the politics played by both religious and political groups for their narrow ends. What you are now seeing is a reactions to the misdeeds committed in the past.

I do not hate people or religions. In fact I study many religions as my hobby but the sense of injustice experienced by me would always remain no matter how well settled I am today.

Terrible coming from you. There was always doubt about that incident. There were important commissions of enquiry with no reason for bias that were uncertain as to how and why the fire started. If you have ever travelled with a certain type of pilgrim, you would have noticed their culinary arrangements for yourself.

The Muslims started it, according to a right wing accusation. Never anything more substantial.

The Muslims didn't start it.

And that is precisely why I feel that you and your likes are an acid applied to our internal structures.

If you had read the history of this country, you would also have known, and would have been wiser than to become one of those Hindutva retards.

Did you have this exquisite courtesy in mind when you talked of pearls before.....you swine?

And they say why right wing extremism is increasing.

Muslims never started anything.

They did not invade India.

Never converted masses during the middle centuries. Nor looted and plundered holy cities like Dwarka/ Mathura.

Hindus partitioned India from Pakistan in 1947. It was Hindus who were responsible.

Hindus burnt the train in Godhra which started Gujarat 2002.

Instead of telling @vsdoc Terrible, it is rich coming from even a liberal like you.

@Android Oh now I see what you meant!

Last edited:
Indian Muslims are part of India and PM Modi has adopted the policy of EX PM Atal Ji .
Just in words, not in action....

PM Modi is Prime Minister and his foreign policy is showing how he is making relations with Muslim countries . We have solve the LBA with Bangladesh , with UAE we are having more strong relations , same we can see with Egypt, Jordan , Oman, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Maldives and even Palestine.

President Mukherjee meets King Abdullah; enhanced trade ties sought - The Hindu

The King assured that Jordan fully supports India’s bid for a permanent membership at a reformed UNSC. He has also offered long-term contracts for enhancing exports to India, and said that “an arrangement” would be created within the Royal court to look into problems faced by Indian workers.
And please don't tell me what he does in foreign countries, tell me what he does/has done in our country...

And they say why right wing extremism is increasing.
What do you think? Will absence of muslims keep the right-wing extremism at bay? No I don't think so... Christains/Sikhs/Jains/Buddhists will be the next bogeyman for them...

They did not invade India.
Many did but I don't see Sanghis crying a river over those others... Anyways native Indian muslims had nothing to do with those invaders. So what's your beef with them?

Never converted masses during the middle centuries. Nor looted and plundered holy cities like Dwarka/ Mathura.
That happened many number of times in history at various places around the world and Hindus were also party to such looting and plundering at several instances.

Hindus burnt the train in Godhra which started Gujarat 2002.
May be not but they did indeed pick up the fight on the station(As stated by the onlookers at the station)

Muslims never started anything.
Oh yes poor vegetarian Hindus never start anything, they are as coy as their Gowmaata:enjoy:

What do you think? Will absence of muslims keep the right-wing extremism at bay? No I don't think so... Christains/Sikhs/Jains/Buddhists will be the next bogeyman for them...

No need for absence of Muslims. Muslims were here for many centuries. But the type of pseudo-secularim practised today has meant that many moderate Hindus are turning towards the far right. Whole day media houses air anti-Hindu news and everything is blamed on Hindus.

You know there were riots last year in Canning near my hometown in Kolkata and none of the media reported? Atleast 4-5 hindus were lynched.

But one stary incodent and all hell breaks loose... Modi must resign, BJP is responsible.... No words whatsoever on the SP governent.

Many did but I don't see Sanghis crying a river over those others... Anyways native Indian muslims had nothing to do with those invaders. So what's your beef with them?

I fyou didn't know, we already freed our country from the others aka the britishers, the portuguese and the French. Their left over missionaries were having a free hand under UPA but that will change now.

Btw, read history from neutral pov. Muslim conquests have been the bloodiest. No wonder Isl;am spread by the sword be it Iran or India or Europe. Europeans already reclaimed their lands under inquisitons and crusades. Iranians still value their Zoroastrian past.

Only in India we are falsely made to believe Islam came with roses. Facts are facts. We can see a glimpse of the medieval invaders in ISIS, Al Qaeda and what they do to non-muslims in Iraq/ Syria.

That happened many number of times in history at various places around the world and Hindus were also party to such looting and plundering at several instances.

How many Ghauris, Ghaznavis, Auragzebs, Chengiz khan, Osama bin Laden,. Baghdadi can you name in Hinduism?

BTW more muslims are killed at the hands of Muslims in even a liberal country like Turkey than in whole of India.

May be not but they did indeed pick up the fight on the station(As stated by the onlookers at the station)

Oh yes poor vegetarian Hindus never start anything, they are as coy as their Gowmaata:enjoy:

The above narrative is same as those who deny the holocaust. Yeah right. The passengers picked up a fight at the station where the train stopped for 5 mins and in the next 2 mins (when the coach hardly exited the Godhra railway yard), 50 people mob burned down the exact same coach where pilgrims were travelling.

You guys along with NDTV can carry on with this narrative. I have no issues admitting in Gujarat what happened was shameful and Hindus responsible must be punished. But the hypocrisy about the train burning by seculars is mind boggling

This narrative is what makes the right wing stronger. There is your answer why more and more Hindus are joining the right wing.

BTW about persecuting others, its a fact that only in Muslim majority country minorities are bombed or beheaded or converted. In India, minorities like Jews/ Parsees have stayed for thousand sof years (even before Islam came) and no, We don't persecute them. But the example that tyou gave can be seen in Pakistan, Iraq, Syria, Bangladesh, Kashmir, etc.... the list goes on and on.

Iranians still value their Zoroastrian past.

Not near as simple or rosy or blanket as you are making it out to be.

More detail when I get some time (and my laptop).

I am understandably a keen observer of the Islamic conquests of Persia and India, of the large scale conversion of their respective populaces, of the revisionism of the narratives of the children of those converts today, and of the nations, and the dynamic between the converted and never converted among the respective populaces.

It's something of a lifelong specialization of mine.

Cheers, Doc

Not near as simple or rosy or blanket as you are making it out to be.

More detail when I get some time (and my laptop).

I am understandably a keen observer of the Islamic conquests of Persia and India, of the large scale conversion of their respective populaces, of the revisionism of the narratives of the children of those converts today, and of the nations, and the dynamic between the converted and never converted among the respective populaces.

It's something of a lifelong specialization of mine.

Cheers, Doc
Looking forward to you uniting with your laptop again. :lol:

No need for absence of Muslims. Muslims were here for many centuries. But the type of pseudo-secularim practised today has meant that many moderate Hindus are turning towards the far right. Whole day media houses air anti-Hindu news and everything is blamed on Hindus.
That's your perception mate, I have seen many Indian muslims moaning about the media-bias. Go to any of the facebook page or other social networks, you will find them bemoaning about the media not very different from what you are doing and what Ranjeet does sometimes. I've seen media covering your present mascot(aka Modi) 24/7 and loathing him when winds were flowing in a different direction. Media also needs it bread and butter either way.

You know there were riots last year in Canning near my hometown in Kolkata and none of the media reported? Atleast 4-5 hindus were lynched.
Can you get me a source?

Btw, read history from neutral pov. Muslim conquests have been the bloodiest. No wonder Isl;am spread by the sword be it Iran or India or Europe. Europeans already reclaimed their lands under inquisitons and crusades. Iranians still value their Zoroastrian past.

Only in India we are falsely made to believe Islam came with roses. Facts are facts. We can see a glimpse of the medieval invaders in ISIS, Al Qaeda and what they do to non-muslims in Iraq/ Syria.
Bloodiest? No you must read about the crusades, then you shall know what "Bloodiest" exactly mean. And please at the same time let me know which Islamic army invaded Indonesia(which has the highest muslim population) and Kerala(since there is a good proportion of muslims in there)?

How many Ghauris, Ghaznavis, Auragzebs, Chengiz khan, Osama bin Laden,. Baghdadi can you name in Hinduism?

BTW more muslims are killed at the hands of Muslims in even a liberal country like Turkey than in whole of India.
Quite many.... Shashanka, Pushyamitra, Mihirkula etc to name a few in ancient India. And speaking of modern times, well a Togadia or a Babu Bajrangi can on any day put Baghdadi at shame...

The above narrative is same as those who deny the holocaust. Yeah right. The passengers picked up a fight at the station where the train stopped for 5 mins and in the next 2 mins (when the coach hardly exited the Godhra railway yard), 50 people mob burned down the exact same coach where pilgrims were travelling.

You guys along with NDTV can carry on with this narrative. I have no issues admitting in Gujarat what happened was shameful and Hindus responsible must be punished. But the hypocrisy about the train burning by seculars is mind boggling

This narrative is what makes the right wing stronger. There is your answer why more and more Hindus are joining the right wing.
No I am not denying anything but letting you know that it was the karsevaks who started the brawl and this has also been stated in the court by the bystanders. I won't mind posting a source if asked for...

BTW about persecuting others, its a fact that only in Muslim majority country minorities are bombed or beheaded or converted. In India, minorities like Jews/ Parsees have stayed for thousand sof years (even before Islam came) and no, We don't persecute them. But the example that tyou gave can be seen in Pakistan, Iraq, Syria, Bangladesh, Kashmir, etc.... the list goes on and on.
If you look into history, Hindus persecuted their very own people(Read Dalits over here) and the Buddhists at some point of time. So Hindus haven't been squeaky clean as you claim them to be. What do you have to say about the murders of many non-hindus during riots and also during "peaceful" times(Read Akhlaq and Mohsin etc)

Back
Top Bottom