What's new

Hindu Priest beaten by Sikhs in india

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know he was a fraud. Do you know how many years it takes to grow ones hair like that? You think that was a wig he was wearing? Or the ash smeared on him was talc powder?

My apologies if my remark hurt you.

Both you and I know that to be a sadhu or a monk, it takes years of spiritual practice, such as meditation and what is called tapasya in sanskrit and penance in english.

It also means that Nagas remove themselves from the world. Except for holy cities like Varanasi, Kedarnath etc they don't come to main cities. To them, all these material things hardly matter, just like true elder monks in our Buddhist philosophy.

They have reached so high in their enlightenment that all this physical world doesn't matter.

While Nagas consume bhaang and hemp, they don't drink alcohol. Alcohol is against their principle not as an intoxicant but as an object of the material world.

Just growing long hair and smearing ash won't make one a sadhu.

And also, a true Nihang would NEVER attack a real Naga sadhu because both have no reason to clash.

So I am doubtful of whether either of them were what they were wearing.

Not all freedom is good and you would not mind if your father or son wear nothing at home?

That is the point. These are not someone's father or son. They believe they are dead to the world. They are not part of the "society" as in the family system. They are not there to spread immorality or perform sex acts. In fact they are asexual and forbidden to engage in sex.

so basically u r saying though u have no idea whatsoever how that monk levitated:D
,,,,,,,,, but then again u r sure that hes not a fraud.:p: :enjoy:

Yes I have no idea what made the monk levitate. I will await a rational explanation. No he is not a fraud because he has nothing to gain from this act. He lives secluded in the mountains and did not invite these people to video him. It was the interviewer who went all over India and Nepal looking for him and invaded his territory to film him. Also the interviewer himself is a magician and expert in the art of creating illusions and yet had no explanation for the levitation the monk performed. The monk also explained that he was not doing magic.

Post #305

Should I go on? Of course you will not accept these as insults cause of your bias.

Where is the abuse in it? (#270) and #305 sorry i didint understand the post (my hindi is bad) Btw you can also notice a parallel discussion on negative rating with the same poster

What what is wrong with the term beef eaters? Did you think being called a beef eater is an abuse? Is it equivalent to being called a "nigga" or a "****?" Since when?

For me it sounded as a taunt......

My apologies if my remark hurt you.

Both you and I know that to be a sadhu or a monk, it takes years of spiritual practice, such as meditation and what is called tapasya in sanskrit and penance in english.

It also means that Nagas remove themselves from the world. Except for holy cities like Varanasi, Kedarnath etc they don't come to main cities. To them, all these material things hardly matter, just like true elder monks in our Buddhist philosophy.

They have reached so high in their enlightenment that all this physical world doesn't matter.

While Nagas consume bhaang and hemp, they don't drink alcohol. Alcohol is against their principle not as an intoxicant but as an object of the material world.

Just growing long hair and smearing ash won't make one a sadhu.

And also, a true Nihang would NEVER attack a real Naga sadhu because both have no reason to clash.

So I am doubtful of whether either of them were what they were wearing.

I did not get from the video that this sadhu was drunk. Also Aghoris (if this guy is an Aghor) do drink. It is rare that a fraudster would go to the extent of looking like that. Pretending to be a Brahmin priest or a clothed sadhu is no biggie, but pretending to be a naga is a wholy different ball game. It was plain intolerance to something which they did not find aesthetically pleasing.

Yes I have no idea what made the monk levitate. I will await a rational explanation. No he is not a fraud because he has nothing to gain from this act. He lives secluded in the mountains and did not invite these people to video him. It was the interviewer who went all over India and Nepal looking for him and invaded his territory to film him. Also the interviewer himself is a magician and expert in the art of creating illusions and yet had no explanation for the levitation the monk performed. The monk also explained that he was not doing magic.
atleast u got somthng to say for the monks defence:p:,,,,,,,but does it sound legit??:disagree::disagree:

For me it sounded as a taunt......

Ah so now you are going to give negative ratings for your subjective opinions and not based on any objective fact.

Where is the abuse in it? (#270) and #305 sorry i didint understand the post (my hindi is bad) Btw you can also notice a parallel discussion on negative rating with the same poster

It said the Sikh holybook is a plagiarism of hindo texts. Is that not an insult?

It said our gurus lifted all stuff from hindoism. Was that not an insult?

Of course you will overlook insults to Sikhs. After all you belong to the same people who committed a genocide against Sikhs in 1984.

Our gurus lifted nothing from grass munchers mooth drinkers. Our religion tells us that women are equal, something yours lacks. We don't burn women nor we we think they are impure then they have periods. Our is a religion that doesn't make gods of monkeys, rats, and a whole host of other creatures. We are neither animists nor pagans. We are much more advanced in our thoughts than you hindus who are stuck in a 6000 BCE mindset. If sandoos enter Punjab they will get beat again and again.
Bro, common is the insulting really necessary? Indrani started by insulting your religion, then you insult his religion, then he will insult your religion again. What good will it do? There are fake holyman in all religions who take advantage of regular folks. Fake Godmen is a problem all over India in all religions. The point I'm making is, Hindu Dharm does not say a man should get drunk and walk around naked. Hindu philosophy is that which is contained in Gita and Upanishads. I think these Naga Sadhus must have borrowed this nakedness from Jain ascetics from ancient times.

That is the point. These are not someone's father or son. They believe they are dead to the world. They are not part of the "society" as in the family system. They are not there to spread immorality or perform sex acts. In fact they are asexual and forbidden to engage in sex.
Madam your philosophy is hard to digest. Dead person cannot walk..if the guy in videos believe that he is dead then he should not feel pain of slapping and you should not be opposing sikh who were beating dead man lol dead man cannot walk/talk/eat/breathe etv

Secondly they are not dead people for others who dont wish to watch private parts of some strangers dead saduu. We people have reason to wear clothes even in summer. your freedom of moving your hand stop where my nose start.

atleast u got somthng to say for the monks defence:p:,,,,,,,but does it sound legit??:disagree::disagree:

What do you mean does it sound legit? Has humanity discovered things to be true which did not use to sound legit to their ears and their time.

Levitation and a whole lot of paranormal phenomenon have been part of our religious texts forever. That you dismiss them as fairytales or myth is due to your limitation in understanding them and not because they themselves are faulty.

Here is a videographic evidence of a man doing the act and yet you disbelieve and expect yourself to be some kind of a rational being. How strange.

Last edited:
Hello. There is one country called India and these people have more right to be in India and practice their faith all over the country than you beef eaters have. Kapish?
yes,India is for all Indians..no doubt about it...but you should respect the local culture,where you are staying....
beef eating??..beef eating is widely acceptable among malayali hindus.,its in their culture..just like fish eating among bengali and odisha brahmins...

Bro, common is the insulting really necessary? Indrani started by insulting your religion, then you insult his religion, then he will insult your religion again. What good will it do? There are fake holyman in all religions who take advantage of regular folks. Fake Godmen is a problem all over India in all religions. The point I'm making is, Hindu Dharm does not say a man should get drunk and walk around naked. Hindu philosophy is that which is contained in Gita and Upanishads. I think these Naga Sadhus must have borrowed this nakedness from Jain ascetics from ancient times.

Sikhism has no such godmen.

First of all I did not insult Sikhism. It was only the illogic of Arya Desa's argument that I was exposing. My bad, it is too dumb for anyone to engage with a debate with him.

Hindu Dharm does not prohibit anyone from being "drunk" and walking around naked either. Also Hindu philosophy is more than just Gita and Upanishads. It will take several lifetimes to study all the books which is available in Hinduism.

yes,India is for all Indians..no doubt about it...but you should respect the local culture,where you are staying....
beef eating??..beef eating is widely acceptable among malayali hindus.,its in their culture..just like fish eating among bengali and odisha brahmins...

Now you are wading into bullshit territory. It is not their culture. It is something they have adopted only in the last few decades.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom