What's new

Hindu Mythology cartoons maybe banned in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arguing with someone like Jana is a lost cause. Stories of Hanuman promote Hinduism as much as Aladdin or Alibaba promote Islam. Zilch. Cipher. Zero. If people are not going to let facts get in way of their sense of morality - then so be it.

arguing to defend a religious cartoon is in itself a lost case and a lost cause simple as that.

Nowhere in ali baba and alladin story they have shown how to offer nimaz or azan unlike that cartoon where you are showing life and teaching of a Hindu god.

AND NO its not the same to compare depiction of a hindu god and a normal character like ali baba and alladin. You can come up with hindu characters like Vinod, Hari etc and teach the children morals thats not an issue. But depiction of your gods and teaching the religion through cartoons is altogether a different thing and it also shows insecurity on your part not on our part because we are opposing teaching of even our own faith through these animations to small kids.

Let then grow and decide if they want to adopt hinduism or otherwise i have NO problem with their choice as grown ups.

BUT dont pollute the young minds by snatching their childhood lighter moments through religious cartoons.

Isnt there difference between mythology and preaching religion/hindiism through animated gods in these animated movies for kids???

you want to promote mythology then come up with characters other than those of the gods who are showing kids god hunuman became god and how to worship him?

religious fundamentalism or whatever you like to call it that doesnt affect me.

BAN these religious cartoons from any faith thats my stand and the firm one.

well if you even went through a single illustrated story of Amar Chitra katha you would understand what I am talking about......regards the bold part they dont "promote mythology" they are merely bed time stories which enthrall a bunch of kids .....their themes mainly range from dedication , bravery , betrayal , trust .....with demons and spirits .....as is natural for any real or fictional story anywhere else.....here in India we have other publications depicting biblical stories too of Adam and Eve ....Joshua, Gideon, David and Goliath....etc ..they all have "morals" at the end which convey important messages to the youth...we have mughal stories too ....all related to myths and legends in the subcontinent....

ps. the Hanuman story you are referring to shows Hanuman gaining the strength to fly across the straits to Lanka....( a legend told to amuse the young)...no mention of him being worshipped in the story....similar to how David (Daud) gained the strength to defeat Goliath....which is also depicted in other publications......

I'm pretty sure people have... Not converted obviously, but they lose the type of religious values the parents want to indoctrinate in them. Which is their right, btw. Kids especially. My cousin recently caught her 4 year old kid singing some song that goes Om Shaanti Om, and corrected the kid immediately.

I remember I got scolded once for singing that Hindi song, Dum maaro dummm... Somewhere in between it goes like Hare Krishna Hare Raam. I was also really young.

Kids pick up things really fast, and if the parents don't want their children exposed to it, whatever the reason, then it shouldn't be sneaked in through cartoons.

Even i sing songs like "yaa ali" , hare raam hare krishna, allah ke bande", allah hoo, maula mere etc etc and all..

Never felt i was saying a prayer, but singing just a song.

I never thought of anything its just like any other song.. and i dont mind people singing "jesus christ superstar " by any other religious person too.

One the Pakistani has commented as below in tribune.

Tanzeel said:
I believe this is one the best steps taken by Punjab Government as Pakistani youth who is already no. 1 in searching **** on internet would be polluted by watching those clean yet unIslamic cartoons .

IMHO opinion Punjab government should initiate a campaign to turn religious minorities of the province into Muslims by abolishing their worship places and religious literature.

I also support PML N’s Chaudry Nisar’s apology to Maharaja Ranjeet Singh since Hindu mythology cartoons in long term will be too dangerous for our young minds than the historical massacre of Muslims caused Sir Ranjeet Singh in past.

Above is completely true when we see other comment too.

Angelos said:
Freedom of religion is allowed in Islam but their are rules, have you cared to read them…..let me put them here for you: minorities can prcatice religion, protecting their worshipping places is the duty of the Islamic state but they cannot PREACH religion. There is a whole lot different b/w tolerance and principles.

This matter is is completely different then ridiculous arguments of changing channels, etc etc. If these cartoons in any way related to promoting their RELIGION then they are not allowed period.

And no place for SECULARISM in ISLAM…………if you think it has then please bring any ayaat or Hadith which shows that Quran or Prophet taught us secualrism then I will accept tnat secularism is the solution.

Slavery was once lawful in the US and yet opposition to it, got things changed. When we ask for secularism, we don't oppose Islam, but oppose theocracy.

But isn't creation of an Islamic state for the Muslims of the subcontinent the basis of two nation theory?

PS: am I getting off topic again?

The answer for the thread is in-fact written in the article which the thread is based on:

Eminent artist and former principal of Lahore’s National College of Arts Salima Hashmi questioned the decision to form a committee for this purpose.

“Why doesn’t the government make a committee to know the root cause of militancy and why doesn’t it set up committees to find reasons of young children becoming suicide attackers?” she questioned.

Hashmi said that in India the number of Muslims was greater than the number of Muslims in Pakistan, so if Muslim children in India were not affected by mythology cartoons, why would children in Pakistan be affected?

“Isn’t there anything constructive that they can work on? Why waste time on setting up such committees and inquiring into such matters which are not pertinent in the current situation?”

Punjab govt goes after Hindu mythology cartoons – The Express Tribune

It is because of these sane persons , that too woman who can call spade a spade and not to try act like our hypocrite for some reason unknown , the society is still binding and hope is prevailing.

For others, oh yeah there are Tom and Jerry and Mickey mouse cartoons.

She has her own opinion while sitting in a luxury house and her children were raised in the west she can afford any untoward protest wherein common people will be hurt in case the religious people decided to take up this hindu cartoons issue for protest.

In any case everyone is entitled to his or her view. In my view banning any religious stuff for kids is a right step which should be taken ASP.

Forming committees to look into the prospect instead of taking the decision abruptly is the right thing.

I am sure your pro-India sane people will be having trouble if the same was implemented through violent protests.

:cheers:

As opposed to the productive stuff from the other countless threads?:rofl:
What if we all agree that these programs should be not be banned & the very next moment the GOP delivers its verdict that " it has decided to ban" then, what would be the point of convincing us here.........?

What if we all agree that these programs should be not be banned & the very next moment the GOP delivers its verdict that " it has decided to ban" then, what would be the point of convincing us here.........?

Its not always about the results.......... but its more about the process you use reach the results.........

I wasn't even aware that hindu cartoons are being shown in Pakistan, and I was baffled a little bit by that information. Also, it shows about how the different people within a country feel about an issue.

Do you guys know that in Chinese movies and cartoons( few in cartoon channels too) , there are lots of Buddhist elements like monks, monastery ,etc etc..

Will the traditional kungfu movies of Jackie chan and Jetli's ( which are famous with kids)be on the waiting list to get banned???

Or Is it okay because its Chinese?? ;);)

Last edited:
Theek hai, your faith is not the same as my faith. We believe and uphold strong monotheistic values

But isn't creation of an Islamic state for the Muslims of the subcontinent the basis of two nation theory?

PS: am I getting off topic again?
Common misconception, there are many qualifying statements that need to be added to that and yes its offtopic.

Theek hai, your faith is not the same as my faith. We believe and uphold strong monotheistic values

We too. But differently and without restrictions. We give chances to people to understand and learn other languages.

It may have been different in earlier Christian times but has evolved during time.

Because as time changes the practices and thoughts are changed in tandem and god is kind and intelligent enough to understand that fact.

I rest my case , coz there is no more points in there for further argument.

Its not always about the results.......... but its more about the process you use reach the results.........

I wasn't even aware that hindu cartoons are being shown in Pakistan, and I was baffled a little bit by that information. Also, it shows about how the different people within a country feel about an issue.
Actually in this case it is about the result as all the fuss is about banning these prog's but the decision to do ban them belongs to the GOP & the public holds no accountability in this regard nor it can influence the GOP's decision in any capacity what so ever.

if islam was such a weak religion that it will be shaken because of couple of children cartoon it wouldnt have servived this long.

this idea of cartoon ban is just un necessary they can do away with many thing.

banning chinese movie , hollywood movies and bollywood too. they all have some part of religion in them.

Actually in this case it is about the result as all the fuss is about banning these prog's but the decision to do ban them belongs to the GOP & the public holds no accountability in this regard nor it can influence the GOP's decision in any capacity what so ever.

Friend,

By that logic all the defense related threads should be closed. Since discussions on an internet forum have no bearing on Govt. decision in any capacity.

Hope you see my POV:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom