What's new

Hindu Mythology cartoons maybe banned in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt read the article...the OP was lazy enough to post just a link...
But IMP..if the cartoons are by any means insulting towards Hindu faith..they should be banned..
We as Muslims respect our religious icons..and we are taught to respect other's religious icons too..

Ok we dont beleive in Hindu gods...and they are non existent for us..But look at those who Do beleive in them..all those Human feeling that will be hurt by a stupic cartoon..
Lets not be part of this lunacy..Lets be respectful towards others and support a ban on this unnecessary pun aimed at disrespecting other people's religious beliefs.

We have the right not to believe in others' religious icons/beliefs,ant to deny and contradict them..But we have no right to insult them for the sake of it...

I think you honestly missed the issue in its entirety. Hindus don't seem to have a problem with these cartoons. It is some members here who think this will cause Muslim kids in Pakistan to have a (religious) identity crisis.

Shouldn't we leave this to the market and restrict the state's fascism in indulging in such matters and deciding for the people?

You are not willing to understand?
Cartoons are for children who have no choice and adults make market and choices not children...
In Pakistan uneducated people are very many who have no understanding of the effect of TV upon their children, hence their children risk to effect more.
It is duty of enlighted class of society to force the govt. to control cable which is controlled by vested interests.

Cartoons are for children who have no choice and adults make market and choices not children...
In Pakistan uneducated people are very many who have no understanding of the effect of TV upon their children, hence their children risk to effect more.
It is duty of enlighted class of society to force the govt. to control cable which is controlled by vested interests.
Of course you do understand we can't even have cartoons showing the parting of the red sea, about Noah's flood/arc, about the advent of Islam, the incidents between Makkah/Madina, so on.

At least not on channels for children.

Risk of becoming religiously confused? What about spongebob, donald duck and the naked stuff that goes around? Tom and Jerry beating the hell out of each other? Mufasa being killed brutally? (Last three of course expand on the logic of what's not good for kids)
Also, so it is now I-will-decide-for-uneducated-since-I'm-superior-to-them-even-though-my-education-is-the-product-of-social-inequality-itself ?

I'm all good for secular and non-violent cartoons (CN I'm looking at you) but I cannot in any way appreciate state intervention in these matters. If, as it is the reality, that cartoons have psychological effects, then parents should be educated through public service ads on the importance of monitoring what their kids are seeing - something that should come naturally to any rational person who is old enough to have a kid (and frankly if you don't even meet this standard, I feel sorry for your kid).

Nothing is black and white when it comes to such matters. However, it is downright wrong for states to be choosing what goes on the TV screen, especially on theocratic grounds.

And by the way, your opposition is clearly on bigoted grounds of this-will-hinduize-kids, so don't try to hide behind a facade of secularism on this issue.

I wish TV like Geo or ARY make their own cartoons and its the parents job to make sure what their children are watching not the government

Risk of becoming religiously confused? What about spongebob, donald duck and the naked stuff that goes around? Tom and Jerry beating the hell out of each other? Mufasa being killed brutally? (Last three of course expand on the logic of what's not good for kids)
Also, so it is now I-will-decide-for-uneducated-since-I'm-superior-to-them-even-though-my-education-is-the-product-of-social-inequality-itself ?

I'm all good for secular and non-violent cartoons (CN I'm looking at you) but I cannot in any way appreciate state intervention in these matters. If, as it is the reality, that cartoons have psychological effects, then parents should be educated through public service ads on the importance of monitoring what their kids are seeing - something that should come naturally to any rational person who is old enough to have a kid (and frankly if you don't even meet this standard, I feel sorry for your kid).

Nothing is black and white when it comes to such matters. However, it is downright wrong for states to be choosing what goes on the TV screen, especially on theocratic grounds.

And by the way, your opposition is clearly on bigoted grounds of this-will-hinduize-kids, so don't try to hide behind a facade of secularism on this issue.

Could not have been said better....

Actually i sort of am, as he had asked me.......:P
I would really like to see a sample of pakistani channels propaganda against India, please do post a link
you entire post reflects your subjective perception of Pakistan, your brazen attempt to demonize the pakistani media is both baseless & absurd, please provide a video where you have observed such obscenity & bigotry as mentioned by you on any pakistani main stream channel. As far as obscenity is concerned this matter is not as furtive as you think, Pakistan is not the country making movies on rap-, homosexuality,pedophilia etc & with abhorrent titles like "Kaminey" it's pretty obvious which country's media is devoided of decency. Not to mention i have hardly seen any kids cartoon channel besides indian POGO & Cartoon Network where love stories are casually aired for children :sick:

Its also not the country not watching it. Check your local pirated CD vendor and he will let you know of the sale of Bollywood movies - the above topics and names included.

please re-post my statement where i have stated this, i will delete my post right away but if that is not true then you better delete your posts where you are fallaciously accusing me.

Please read your post#146 and come back. If you say that the same was not your intentions (Polluted to young minds due to ) then come back I will delete the same.

Please read your post#146 and come back. If you say that the same was not your intentions (Polluted to young minds due to ) then come back I will delete the same.
this is what i had said, i had explicitly laid emphasis on language & not on the religious content
The problem with the Indian cartoons is with the language they use, please don't forget that the target audience of the cartoons is children and not adults, some of the words they use in Hindi dubbed cartons are inappropriate & there fore should not be allowed to pollute the the young minds, there is no need to politicize this issue.
i had also described what kind of words or lingo i was referring too.
your interpretation of my comment lies on your apprehension & not on the essence of my comment.
you have been unable to paste my post, which shadows your integrity.....what a pity.

LOL! yes many pakistani's are fond of indian flicks but i hardly doubt if kids of 4-9 go to a shop keeper & say "uncle kaminey day dain" :rofl:

Did I say kids? It was a general comment on Pakistani movie watching public. Read my post carefully.

Did I say kids? It was a general comment on Pakistani movie watching public. Read my post carefully.
But our concern is the kids not adults. the reason i mentioned indian flicks was because of their promotional ads & songs which are aired on all channels without advising any viewers discretion.

In most cases yes, but given that we should aim for secular values and the censor board does evaluate if the content is suitable for children, either the rating should be increased to Parental Guidance required or it should be excluded out of airing for children.

Religious indoctrination of children should not happen on national TV. Even if its Islam thats being taught, I wouldn't want Pakistan's children learning it from cartoons.

The state is not blocking religion or its expression, only regulating the medium of delivery. See what I'm saying is, that on a channel dedicated to Tom and Jerry, Mickey Mouse should not come on and say "Chalo bachon sab kaho, La illaha illalah...". Religion should not be sneaked in, then that just shows that there's mal-intent involved. Put up a dedicated religious Hindu channel, so parents can be fully aware what their children are getting into.

Until those kids turn 18, the parents have the full right to do all they can that they don't turn into Hindus.

Personally I think religious cartoons, especially those intended to proselytize any faith, should be kept out of national TV.

Them being sold separately on DVD, should be of no problem.

This method would allow parents an easier ability to provide the type of religious indoctrination they want to do over their children.

From the first page i am saying the same THING Why to make cartoons based on religious teachings and gods in the first place that too for kids.

Keep these religious cartoons out of the reach of the children simple and straight.

Ban this crap and i dont have to mince my words one way or the other. If they can come up with entertainment cartoons for Kids fine we have no issue if these are made in tamil nadu or naga land or india. But Religious cartoons are a BIG NOOOOOOOOOO

One thing to clear to Indian Fans.

We are Indians and cannot intervene the decisions of Pakistan and their public. So if some of you are bashing, you should better stop it.

Moreover, Hindus or any other religion are not a sole intellectual property of India. Hindus living in Pakistan are Pakistani first, like we Indian first. We should try to look upon on our channels. Example, our own Media which need to improved.

From the first page i am saying the same THING Why to make cartoons based on religious teachings and gods in the first place that too for kids.

Keep these religious cartoons out of the reach of the children simple and straight.

Ban this crap and i dont have to mince my words one way or the other. If they can come up with entertainment cartoons for Kids fine we have no issue if these are made in tamil nadu or naga land or india. But Religious cartoons are a BIG NOOOOOOOOOO
The Punjab government however has not acted to ban religious cartoons, they have acted to ban Hindu cartoons which then makes it all the more wrong.

I mean would they ban that animated movie about Prophet Musa and the Pharoah King? Would they ban an animated movie on Noah's Arc? On an animated version of the movie The Message?

They have not promoted secular values, which they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom