Jain Temple, Tharparker, Sindh:

tumblr_kpyyyfpCiT1qze1fwo8_500.jpg

Jain Temple, Murti, Pakistan:

Fischer_004.jpg

Jain Temple, Nagar Parker, Pakistan:

2671691651_57dba34b28.jpg

are we allowed to enter these Mandirs?
-------------------------------
Pindi was said to be the city of Mandirs, if you can get on top of a building, you can still count dozens of Mandirs...

Yes ,you can visit them but not at certain times.
Due to security concern now they are a little limited access but still muslims can visit them.
Pindi was called the city of mandirs, but 1992 Babari mosque inncident led to violence and few were harmed :angry:,which is really bad.

Jain Temple Bhodesar, Nagarparker, Sindh:

18649747.jpg

9769539.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

From the pictures, I guess no one can easily say whether it is temple or not. In India all temples (some even 500-1000 years old) are totally different. To me half of the hindu temple looks like search torch in sea

If anyone has any Jain Temple pics, please share it.

No offense, but I think a lot of Jain & Hindu temples in Pakistan are older than the ones in India.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Yes ,you can visit them but not at certain times.
Due to security concern now they are a little limited access but still muslims can visit them.
Pindi was called the city of mandirs, but 1992 Babari mosque inncident led to violence and few were harmed :angry:,which is really bad.

There are still plenty of Mandirs in Pindi though as far as I know.

Some of these look absolutely brilliant, thanks for posting Bilal.

However some need better conservation, from what I can judge from these pictures. How is the conservation effort in Pakistan generally?

Some of these look absolutely brilliant, thanks for posting Bilal.

However some need better conservation, from what I can judge from these pictures. How is the conservation effort in Pakistan generally?

The newer ones are in very good shape. The older Jain temples/stupas need much better conservation, but unfortunately, I don't think a lot of people care as much. People have been neglectful on all sides. The older Jain temples are very very very old, some even more than a thousand years old. Some people argue that you don't want to make these old Jain temples lose their pristine look, but still, there should be better maintenance. You probably saw a whole mixture of old & new temples, the older & more traditional ones need better maintenance; the newer ones have very 'un-orthodox' structures, & can be easily opened almost like inside a regular house or a 'center', & those are very easy to maintain.

Nice pics...+1..never knew that these much of hindu mandirs are present in Pakistan.:Thumbs up:..i would like to know the place of mandir in below pic?

i can see text written in Gujarati language in above pic. Is Gujarati language spoken in Pakistani areas nearby to Indian state of Gujarat? ...

The newer ones are in very good shape. The older Jain temples/stupas need much better conservation, but unfortunately, I don't think a lot of people care as much. People have been neglectful on all sides. The older Jain temples are very very very old, some even more than a thousand years old. Some people argue that you don't want to make these old Jain temples lose their pristine look, but still, there should be better maintenance. You probably saw a whole mixture of old & new temples, the older & more traditional ones need better maintenance; the newer ones have very 'un-orthodox' structures, & can be easily opened almost like inside a regular house or a 'center', & those are very easy to maintain.

Its possible to preserve the pristine look and maintain the places. This problem is faced across the world, and its expensive but possible.

I've personally seen some great work being done at Cambodia, with UN help, despite their war ravaged history. However, no offense, but the people of Cambodia have affinity for these structures, doesn't the india pakistan problem become an issue in Pakistan that adds to the neglect?

Category:Hindu temples in Cambodia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nice pics...+1..never knew that these much of hindu mandirs are present in Pakistan.:Thumbs up:..i would like to know the place of mandir in below pic?

i can see text written in Gujarati language in above pic. Is Gujarati language spoken in Pakistani areas nearby to Indian state of Gujarat? ...

Taara su sawaal che? Pakistan maa taqbreeban 100,000 Gujarati speakers che. Ayaan bo Gujarati speakers che, basically Memoni, Bohri, Kutchi Muslims che.

Gujarati speakers are spread all over Sindh, in Karachi & other parts in Sindh. I cannot read Gujarati text though unfortunately, you Gujarati? Can you tell me what this means? This is basically the Shree Dhani Matangdev temple in BADIN, SINDH - PAKISTAN:

OMG, i dint know that Pakistan has Hindu temples. thanx for sharing..:tup:

Can you please post pics of Gurudwara aswell as Major Part of Sikh's asset are there in Pakistan.

Rann of Kutch, Nagar Parker, Sindh:

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

(If someone from India is able to read this script, please translate it or at least tell me
the exact language.)

Its possible to preserve the pristine look and maintain the places. This problem is faced across the world, and its expensive but possible.

I've personally seen some great work being done at Cambodia, with UN help, despite their war ravaged history. However, no offense, but the people of Cambodia have affinity for these structures, doesn't the india pakistan problem become an issue in Pakistan that adds to the neglect?

Category:Hindu temples in Cambodia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well unfortunately, Pakistan doesn't get help or money from the UN to maintain these sites. There are a lot of mosques that are falling apart as well because of neglectfulness & a lack of funds, which is the same problems faced by Mandirs.

Back
Top Bottom