What's new

Hindu Mandars in Pakistan

Mandir in Taxila, Punjab:

39.+taxila+copy.jpg

Toomri Temple, Gujranwala, Punjab:

33.+Toomri+Temple,+Ghakkhar+Mandi+Dist.jpg

Sri Badoki Temple, Gujranwala, Punjab:

19.+Mander+at+Badoki,+near+gujaranwala.jpg

No offense meant but Most of the temples look ill kept & encroached.

are we allowed to enter these Mandirs?

-------------------------------
Pindi was said to be the city of Mandirs, if you can get on top of a building, you can still count dozens of Mandirs...

I took the pictures of Saadhu Bhejo Mandir, Sukkur Sindh & its insides with my sister without any problems. I guess maybe having a girl with you helps :P

These are very very ancient temples, thousands of years old, & have been preserved with their pristine look. There are some new looking temples as well, I'll post their picture as soon as I find them.

I took the pictures of Saadhu Bhejo Mandir, Sukkur Sindh & its insides with my sister without any problems. I guess maybe having a girl with you helps :P

or maybe a Hindu friend would be great...leading all the way, knowing all the things I need to know...

that last temple looks in terrible condition the clothesline is a real eye-sore authorities should improve the surrounding buildings and plant some flowers or greenery there I have to admit minority places of worship in the west are really well taken care of.I have often gone past neasden temple here in the uk a i always thought it's a pretty epic looking place it would be cool if pakistani hindus had something like that one day.

0547d_Hindu_538966389_438dd10565.jpg

anyway this is about mandirs in pakistan sorry for the rant.Plz keep posting i'm very interested in minority life in pakistan.

Nice pictures. All Pakistanis have an equal right to worship and choice of religion. That is in the 1973 Constitution of Pakistan.

Now for some of the newer looking mandirs. Those other mandirs have a special historical significance to them that I didn't touch on, but those Mandirs were thousands of years old. Anyways, here goes:

Hindu Temple Lahore, Punjab:

35.jpg

Chiniot Temple, Punjab:

21+b.jpg

Hindu Temple, Islamabad:

3867351621_4c08720b15.jpg

Yes, I agree. Looks like most of these mandirs are not even painted for ages. Can not blame anybody as the small minority there may not have the kind of resources required for the upkeep? No offense but it's just a matter of time when these temples will be replaced by tall buildings.

Nice pictures. All Pakistanis have an equal right to worship and choice of religion. That is in the 1973 Constitution of Pakistan.
Correct me if I'm wrong but same 1973 constitution has declared that no non muslim can become a President or PM. So much for equal rights. Also same constitution that has led to the persecution of Ahmadis.

i'm very interested in minority life in pakistan.

What do you want to know? Were just like normal people lol.

btw nice pics Bilal.

Thank you brother bilal and others.

Without you we would have never seen the hindu temples in Pakistan.

From the pictures, I guess no one can easily say whether it is temple or not. In India all temples (some even 500-1000 years old) are totally different. To me half of the hindu temple looks like search torch in sea

If anyone has any Jain Temple pics, please share it.

Back
Top Bottom