What's new

Hindu Genocides in Indian Punjab - Mass Murders of Sikhs Continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
That used to happen a century ago.
Indians live in the 21st century now can't say so about others. :rolleyes:

Never to late, to revive if you want to be a real HIndu, a Hindu described by RSS and Modi g...which preaches Sati (burning women after husbands death) till today!

Anyway I can update you about India and Hindu practices in 21st century about curse of Sati date 19-Oct-2016:

'Curse of Sati': In this Mathura town of India, women avoid Karva Chauth fast to save husbands from death

According to a local myth, a newlywed bride, whose husband was murdered here, cursed this town. Now, most women believe that observing the traditional Karva Chauth fast will cost their husbands their lives.

Siraj Qureshi | Posted by Avarnita Mathur
Agra, October 19, 2016
  • Women in Surir believe that Karva Chauth fast will lead to their husband's death.
  • There is no scientific explanation for this sati belief.
  • As per a myth, a newlywed bride, whose husband was murdered, cursed Surir town

THE MYTH

Local resident Suresh Chand Sharma narrated the tale to India Today. Sharma says a Brahmin youth from Ram Nagla village was passing through Surir with his bride in a bullock cart on Karva Chauth, when some locals alleged that he had stolen the bulls on the cart. They then proceeded to beat him to death.

Furious at losing her husband, the woman is said to have cursed the entire locality. The widow is said to have subsequently killed herself by committed 'sati' on her husband's funeral pyre, further fuelling the superstition.

SATI TEMPLE
Sharma claims that after the incident, a number of local women lost their husbands after observing the Karva Chauth fast. This cemented the belief that 'Sati' has cursed the town. Since then the women here refrain from observing any fast on Karva Chauth and have even constructed a temple of 'Sati' where they pray on Karva Chauth for the long lives of their husbands.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/karva-chauth-fast-mathura-surir-husband-death/1/790500.html

Last edited:
I don't know what you think is written in that article but I can't see what relevance it has.

As for your remarks about "Hinduizing Sikhism" just lol. It's such a stupid comment I won't even bother dissecting it. Sikhism is stitched into the fabric of India, all Indians respect the Sikhs and we have fought and died together for our homeland.

Are you trolling me bro? You said Sikhs LOVE RSS, I said no they don't and gave you an article that said the RSS leader was killed by Sikhs recently because of tensions between the two. Anyway, I agree most Indians respect Sikhs and most Sikhs don't have a problem with Indians either. The right wing parties that are allied with the BJP have this view of spreading Hindutva in India so they post pictures showing Sikhs Gods on a cow, Ram blessing Sikh gurus etc.. This is very offensive to the average Sikh and spreads disillusionment within their hearts. I've tried to be very factual in my answers and you've just mocked me and called me stupid.

Darrda aa bai enna ton? You still didn't answer the question
daran di kahdi gal a yaar its obvious they are different in culture but being said that they are as indian as i am and i am proud of it

Never to late, to revive if you want to be a real HIndu, a Hindu described by RSS and Modi g...which preaches Sati (burning women after husbands death) till today!

Anyway I can update you about India and Hindu practices in 21st century about curse of Sati date 19-Oct-2016:

'Curse of Sati': In this Mathura town of India, women avoid Karva Chauth fast to save husbands from death

According to a local myth, a newlywed bride, whose husband was murdered here, cursed this town. Now, most women believe that observing the traditional Karva Chauth fast will cost their husbands their lives.

Siraj Qureshi | Posted by Avarnita Mathur
Agra, October 19, 2016 | UPDATED 16:56 IST

HIGHLIGHTS
    Women in Surir believe that Karva Chauth fast will lead to their husband's death.

There is no scientific explanation for this belief.

As per a myth, a newlywed bride, whose husband was murdered, cursed Surir town.
Women across the country may be celebrating the Karva Chauth festival today, fasting and praying for the long life of their husbands, but there is a town in Mathura where it's believed that observing this fast will lead to the death of their spouse.

Although there is no scientific explanation for this belief, the women of Surir town in Mathura are steadfast in following this belief.

Incidentally, there have also been some untimely deaths in this town that have only cemented this belief.

THE MYTH
Local resident Suresh Chand Sharma narrated the tale to India Today. Sharma says a Brahmin youth from Ram Nagla village was passing through Surir with his bride in a bullock cart on Karva Chauth, when some locals alleged that he had stolen the bulls on the cart. They then proceeded to beat him to death.

Furious at losing her husband, the woman is said to have cursed the entire locality. The widow is said to have subsequently killed herself by committed 'sati' on her husband's funeral pyre, further fuelling the superstition.

SATI TEMPLE
Sharma claims that after the incident, a number of local women lost their husbands after observing the Karva Chauth fast. This cemented the belief that 'Sati' has cursed the town. Since then the women here refrain from observing any fast on Karva Chauth and have even constructed a temple of 'Sati' where they pray on Karva Chauth for the long lives of their husbands.

In fact, Sunahari Devi, another local, claims that since the temple was built and the women began praying here, unnatural deaths of young men in this locality have stopped.

According to another local belief, before mounting his horse to bring home his new wife, a groom first prays before 'Sati' for her blessings and only after that, the wedding procession begins.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/karva-chauth-fast-mathura-surir-husband-death/1/790500.html

Did you read the article before posting or did you randomly pick any article with the word sati in it? Lol

Man! You're a weekend entertainer. Lolz

daran di kahdi gal a yaar its obvious they are different in culture but being said that they are as indian as i am and i am proud of it

Well thanks for being forthright, my version of Khalistan would have Sikhs, Hindus and Muslims living together on the basis of Punjabiyat. I don't mean any disrespect to you or your faith. I'm going to bounce before this thread degrades into a toilet.

Did you read the article before posting or did you randomly pick any article with the word sati in it? Lol

Man! You're a weekend entertainer. Lolz

how do you think Sati became a norm in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom