What's new

Hindi and Urdu words learning thread.

chak de phatte=?

phatte=?

Chack Day Phattay is widely used in both India and Pakistan. In Pakistan it usually used to encourage peoples for something. For example Pakistan cricket team went to play ICC T20 World Cup so i would say "Go Pakistan Go Chack Day Phattay" meaning go and defeat everybody.

Chack day phattay is slang and in real english it should mean "pick up the floorboards".

You can go to this link for its origin

Urban Dictionary: chak de phatte

main ek fard hoon ya ek ehsaas hoon
main ek jism hoon ya rooh ki pyaas hoon
ki such ki talaash hai, door aakaash hai
manjil paas nahin, kya tu mere paas hai
kabhi main am rahoon, kabhi beam rahoon
gar tujhme nahin to phir main mehal hoon
ke such ki talaash hai door aakaash hai
manjil paas nahin, kya tu mere paas hai

noori song??
skies now u r veturing into urdu poetry??
hire me as your editor:lol:

Chack Day Phattay is widely used in both India and Pakistan. In Pakistan it usually used to encourage peoples for something. For example Pakistan cricket team went to play ICC T20 World Cup so i would say "Go Pakistan Go Chack Day Phattay" meaning go and defeat everybody.

Chack day phattay is slang and in real english it should mean "pick up the floorboards".

You can go to this link for its origin

Urban Dictionary: chak de phatte

I know you have copied it from the urban dictionary but its chak day phatte not chuk day phatte, the right meaning is eat up the floorboards isnt it??:undecided: :lol:

I know you have copied it from the urban dictionary but its chak day phatte not chuk day phatte, the right meaning is eat up the floorboards isnt it??:undecided: :lol:

i have been using this phrase since 2005 chacha........ i have always written it as CHACK.............. doesn't matter how you spell it........ its still samething

and its not eat up the floorboards........... its as written in the dictionary

its Atif Aslam, how can you forget :lol:

and i am surprised to see how i do not know this poetry :lol::lol::lol: i think he should have a very bad music in this song or i may not know him by the time he sang this song. That could be the only two reasons i didn't recognize it :lol:

chak de phatte
read this for the first time...tell me whaen the final meaning is decided!!:undecided:interesting..will use it in future!

and i am surprised to see how i do not know this poetry :lol::lol::lol: i think he should have a very bad music in this song or i may not know him by the time he sang this song. That could be the only two reasons i didn't recognize it :lol:
na na ..i tell u the reason..see no high sounding romanticism in it..hence not your type!!:lol::lol:

chak de phatte
read this for the first time...tell me whaen the final meaning is decided!!:undecided:interesting..will use it in future!

Listen to this song

PS - I don't like this song but you will see how famous this phrase is. I am surprised to know you never heard this before

Last edited by a moderator:
na na ..i tell u the reason..see no high sounding romanticism in it..hence not your type!!:lol::lol:

how did you decide about my choice?

I like all kind of songs -
be it 1960s Jeena isi ka naam hai,
70s Kabhi kabhi meray dil main khayal aata hai,
80s Log kehte hain main sharabi hon,
90s Meri Mehbooba,
or 2000s - Oh jaanay jaa donon jahan meri bahon main aa bhool jaaa :smitten:

Also all kind of genres.......... including Metal songs - sometimes :rofl:

lets get back to topic :D

i have been using this phrase since 2005 chacha........ i have always written it as CHACK.............. doesn't matter how you spell it........ its still samething

and its not eat up the floorboards........... its as written in the dictionary

I know eat up the floorboards doesn't make any sense, but this phrase have nothing to do with English translation, like there are some phrases like 'Bagal me chori moon main Ram Ram' so we cant exactly translate it, it will be like knife in the armpit in mouth saying God God (i tried to translate exactly) it wil be totally meaningless and funny

how did you decide about my choice?

I like all kind of songs -
be it 1960s Jeena isi ka naam hai,
70s Kabhi kabhi meray dil main khayal aata hai,
80s Log kehte hain main sharabi hon,
90s Meri Mehbooba,
or 2000s - Oh jaanay jaa donon jahan meri bahon main aa bhool jaaa :smitten:

Also all kind of genres.......... including Metal songs - sometimes :rofl:

lets get back to topic :D
dont know the 60s, 70s (have heard it i think but just remember this line only)n 80s one..next two are reiterating my words...:agree:
BTW i was just kidding...cant see those:lol::lol:??OK ainda nahi karte...

Back
Top Bottom