What's new

Hindi and Urdu words learning thread.

To all Indians and Pakistanis who are masters in Urdu, I am trying to verify the correct meaning of the following words.

Please be kind enough to validate them (and to correct where I am wrong)
I am not Urdu Professor but let me try :P
a) Barpa Karna - To create (as in mischief)?
Not in mischief......... Barpa Karna i believe means "TO CREATE"
b) Barahirast - Completely or fully?
Barahairast means = Directly
c) Ikhtelaaq? - Agreeing or Not agreeing?
Ikhtelaaf = Contradicting, Conflicting or Not agreeing to something
d) Jamhuriyat - Democracy?

Yes True thats Democracy

e) Madre Watan - Motherland?

Please suggest.
Regards,

Madre Watan = Mother of the Land

These words are not from hindi or sanskrit, he has posted it just for fun.

Nopes these are real words.

Lau pati gaamini --> gaamini means some thing that moves lau is fire. so it is train.

sangadakam --> sangadana is to count and sangadakam is something that couts.

12th main hindi main 95 marks aise hi nahi the bina cheating k

Zaki sa'ab mukhe kafi hairat hai aap is shabd ka istemaal kiye hain..itni shudh Hindi to hum log bhi istemaal nahin karte...heheh

Waise for Hindi puritans , can we get a quick equivalent in eng please?

I had a passion to learn Advanced words of Hindi language before - I can understand Hindi very well. I hardly get to see any hindi word that i don't know its meaning before (as long as it is related to daily + war related issues)

main ek fard hoon ya ek ehsaas hoon
main ek jism hoon ya rooh ki pyaas hoon
ki such ki talaash hai, door aakaash hai
manjil paas nahin, kya tu mere paas hai
kabhi main am rahoon, kabhi beam rahoon
gar tujhme nahin to phir main mehal hoon
ke such ki talaash hai door aakaash hai
manjil paas nahin, kya tu mere paas hai

fard=?

kabhi main am rahoon, kabhi beam rahoon=?

gar tujhme nahin to phir main mehal hoon=?

I had a passion to learn Advanced words of Hindi language before - I can understand Hindi very well. I hardly get to see any hindi word that i don't know its meaning before (as long as it is related to daily + war related issues)

Zaki bhai waise we share one more thing ie the abuses.... they are same across the border. :lol: now cant post that. i was famous in school for innovative abuses....:D

^ Yes

Barpa = Aafat, hassle (english), Si'aapa (Punjabi) eg. eh tu ki kehar barpa ta mere te.

PAINDABAAD = Chad di kala (Punjabi) eg. Hamesha chad di kala vich reh puttar, jawaani'yan maan, lambi umar howe teri. Its just good wishes.

Khochal = Chupa Rustam, Kameena, Meesna (Punjabi)

Khappay = Requirement, Khapat (utilize) in hindi, eg. 10kg ghee khapat in Puja. eg. When I get bored I start to clean bike, PC and my dad always say - ' kyun dimaag khapayii jaana fazool wich'

Last edited:
Khappay = Requirement, Khapat (utilize) in hindi, eg. 10kg ghee khapat in Puja.

these questions are already answered but your Khappay is wrong. Its not Khapat. Its Khappay derived from Sindhi Language. Its not Urdu..............

in this poetry FARD means = 1 Man/Person

Man/Person in advanced urdu is called Fard........ and if there are more than 1........ they will be called Afraad.

In simple urdu we use Aadmi .........

and Fard = Manadatory in Arabic language and widely is used in Urdu speaking countries and Muslims

@ your poetry

Its a very rich poetry - I will need time to explain - i guess somebody else will answer that question for you

I think the most interesting and discussed "word" that has been asked so far is of mine :P

agree?

(AntarVasna)

Paindabad means to live forever

don't answer pre-answered questions :lol:

and thats a different thing - i answered all questions :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(except Skies Poetry - that i believe i need some time to explain)

Back
Top Bottom