What's new

Hijras are born out of same gotra marriages , says Khap leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we not having the khap thing in south?
It's not a religious get together, more of a cultural thing. which guided people of our region for centuries. In these modern times the marriage customs followed by these people might sound silly to some but we believed in them for far too long to just get away with them in a whiff. That's the only main contention khap has with the law. other than that read about the history of these khaps barring same gotra marriage.

Almost every Indian society has features like Khaps though name can be different.

Concensus building and adjudicating trivial matters though elders participation is in our tradition.

Traditionally Besides King's court, Panchayats were only institution of imparting justice in our subcontinent culture.

BTW Do anybody knows Hindi word of Judge ? I think does not exist .

It's not a religious get together, more of a cultural thing. which guided people of our region for centuries. In these modern times the marriage customs followed by these people might sound silly to some but we believed in them for far too long to just get away with them in a whiff. That's the only main contention khap has with the law. other than that read about the history of these khaps barring same gotra marriage.

Agreed !

Media focus only same gotra marriage as if Khaps has no other work to do. this is called Observed reality but scientific reality and observed reality are two different things.

What about petty issue of lands, farming problems etc . Our courts are already overburdened these petty cases otherwise keep pending for years. Even our government also promote out of the court settlements though Lok adalat,Nyaya Panchayat etc.

Those Khaps which are following law of the land .. then what is harm out of them ?

Did anybody notice ? when he is at bus stand , opposite side of bus seems too regular and frequent. this is called as observed reality.

Last edited:
Almost every Indian society has features like Khaps though name can be different.

Concensus building and adjudicating trivial matters though elders participation is in our tradition.

Traditionally Besides King's court, Panchayats were only institution of imparting justice in our subcontinent culture.

BTW Do anybody knows Hindi word of Judge ? I think does not exist .

Agreed !

Media focus only same gotra marriage as if Khaps has no other work to do. this is called Observed reality but scientific reality and observed reality are two different things.

What about petty issue of lands, farming problems etc . Our courts are already overburdened these petty cases otherwise keep pending for years. Even our government also promote out of the court settlements though Lok adalat,Nyaya Panchayat etc.

Those Khaps which are following law of the land .. then what is harm out of them ?

Did anybody notice ? when he is at bus stand , opposite side of bus seems too regular and frequent. this is called as observed reality.
During 1962 .... Khaps told the ladies to donate their gold ornaments for the nation's cause !!!!!

Kanna, you have no idea about my power!
padayappa-8.jpg

On a serious note: You've watched Padayappa right? What they've shown is a system similar to Khaps. We have some villages in the South that have a similar system. The town of Dharmasthala in Karnataka has a Dharmadhikari even today. He isn't an elected representative, yet still solves many disputes in the region. The people also accept his verdict rather than going to the Courts.

Kanna, you have no idea about my power!
padayappa-8.jpg

On a serious note: You've watched Padayappa right? What they've shown is a system similar to Khaps. We have some villages in the South that have a similar system. The town of Dharmasthala in Karnataka has a Dharmadhikari even today. He isn't an elected representative, yet still solves many disputes in the region. The people also accept his verdict rather than going to the Courts.

I have seen that movie without subtitles, Rajnikanth really have a charisma.

I have seen that movie without subtitles, Rajnikanth really have a charisma.

His mannerisms are kinda funny, but I'll get killed if I say that in Tamil Nadu.:D

gotra is sub-caste if i am not mistaken.

And same-gotra marriage happen all the time outside Haryana, if I am not mistaken.

As long as you are not retarded enough to marry your sister or cousin, your children should not have any genetic diseases or retardation.
gotra is sub-caste if i am not mistaken.

And same-gotra marriage happen all the time outside Haryana, if I am not mistaken.

As long as you are not retarded enough to marry your sister or cousin, your children should not have any genetic diseases or retardation.

Hindu Khatri punjabis are famous for cousins marriages, and they dominate India bussiness and bollywood ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom