What's new

High speed bullet trains in India very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is difference between China and Japan
and
there is difference between stealing and transfer of technology.

hey bro kindly refrain from bringing China in this thread otherwise a lovely thread might get lost to Troll's

Its a costly project...I think we should also consider building them in India or we should go to Chinese so as to reduce the cost.

No man chinese product low cost and cheap quality its question of peoples life I dont think chinese products are better than Japanese products..

^^ japnese quality is good but do we need it (HSR i mean)

Then what happen to Delhi-Mumbai Corridor ?

What is Delhi-Mumbai Corridor?????

I think you are asking for Delhi-Mumbai INDUSTRIAL Corridor

You need to understand:

Western Fright Corridor: The Western Corridor covers a distance of 1483 km of double line electric (2 X 25 KV) track from JNPT to Dadri via Vadodara-Ahmedabad-Palanpur-Phulera-Rewari.

In addition, a single line connection of 32km long from proposed Pirthala Junction Station (near Asaoti on Delhi-Mathura line) to Tughlakabad is also proposed to be provided. Alignment has been generally kept parallel to existing lines except provision of detour at Diva, Surat, Ankleshwar, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Ahmedabad, Palanpur, Phulera and Rewari.

Eastern Fright Corridor: The Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor with a route length of 1839 km consists of two distinct segments: an electrified double-track segment of 1392 km between Dankuni in West Bengal & Khurja in Uttar Pradesh & an electrified single-track segment of 447 km between Ludhiana (Dhandarikalan) – Khurja - Dadri in the state of Punjab and Uttar Pradesh.

These two corridors – the Western DFC and Eastern DFC- spanning a total length of about 3300 route km. The Eastern Corridor, starting from Ludhiana in Punjab will pass through the states of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and terminate at Dankuni in West Bengal. The Western Corridor will traverse the distance from Dadri to Mumbai, passing through the states of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra.

Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor: Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor is a mega infra-structure project of USD 90 billion with the financial & technical assistance from Japan, covering an overall length of 1483 KMs between the political capital and the business capital of India, i.e. Delhi and Mumbai.

The Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project is a State-Sponsored Industrial Development Project of the Government of India. It is an ambitious project aimed at developing an Industrial Zone spanning across six states in India. The project will see major expansion of Infrastructure and Industry – including industrial clusters and rail, road, port, air connectivity – in the states along the route of the Corridor.

Conceived to be developed as a Global Manufacturing and Trading Hub, the project is expected to double employment potential, triple industrial output and quadruple exports from the region in 5 years. The total employment to be generated from the project is 3 million. The bulk of which will be in the manufacturing/processing sectors.

The ambitious project will be funded through private-public partnership and foreign investment. Japan will be a major investor for this project. The corridor will span across 1483 km. Tokyo was roped in as partner for this project, during Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s visit in December 2006. The project will cover the seven states of Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.

It will include a 4000 MW Power Plant, three Sea Ports and six Airports in addition to connectivity with the existing ports. The industrial corridor project will be implemented by the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation, an automomous body comprising of Government and Private Sector. It will be implemented through special purpose vehicles [SPVs]. The project is expected to deliver a 2-3-4-5 benefit, to double employment (2), triple industrial output (3) and quadruple exports (4) from the region in five years (5).

As stated above these are 3 separate projects and 2 of which are inter linked. As for the status all of these are under implementation.

Japan expresses interest in 26% stake in $90 billion DMIC project - The Economic Times

Japan ready to invest $ 4.5 bn in DMIC project - The Economic Times

Status of Dedicated Freight Corridors of Indian Railways

Source: PIB

Dedicated Freight Corridors (DFCs) on Eastern (Dankuni-Ludhiana) and Western (Jawaharlal Nehru Port Terminal to Tughlakabad/Dadri) routes have been sanctioned. The status in respect of both the Corridors is as under:

Eastern Corridor:

Construction work is in progress in 66 kilometres of Sonnagar-Mughalsarai portion of the corridor. The work on the Mughalsarai-Ludhiana portion (1183 kms) of the corridor is being funded through World Bank loan. The loan agreement for the Phase-I (Khurja-Kanpur, 343 kms. Section) has been signed with the World Bank and process for finalization of tender for civil works of this section has commenced.

Western Corridor :

Work on 54 major and important bridges between Vaitarna and Surat is in progress.

Loan Agreement with Japan International cooperation Agency (JICA), which is funding the entire Western Freight Corridor work, has been signed for Phase-I of the work between Rewari and Vadodara.

Tendering process for execution of civil work on the 625 kms. Rewari-Iqbalgarh portion has also commenced.

Expenditure till 31st March, 2011 on Eastern and Western DFC Project is Rs. 2026.41 crore. Budget allotment for 2011-12 is Rs. 2956 crore and expenditure till September 2011 is Rs. 315.8 crore.

This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri K. H. Muniyappa in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.

very old news.
it was decided in 2008. one of my friend's dad had gone to japan to study this system. the problem is not the technology but the location to implement this project. the government cannot decide where to put the tracks and how to avoid trespassing and theft of tracks.

that was the year the idea came up and they decided to build it, but its now that the step towards the realisation of this is being taken....the study of two japanese system by 12 engineers just two weeks is complete and a successful one. the pre feasibility studies are also on and the six corridors are also selected.....the technical.management and ownership will be decided by the authority which will be set up for this.

^^ japnese quality is good but do we need it (HSR i mean)

for your concern only pre-feasibility study is being done. Did we need Delhi Metro when lots of vehicles and privately owned car were already running in Delhi.

Even Pakistan was getting Bullet train back in 2006 from Lahore to Rawalpindi, never heard of it after that, what happened to that Project.

Not only that they even had a Metro plan for Lahore and Karachi and the funniest part was some of the Pakistani members are taking about having it 100 times better then Delhi metro even before laying a single brick for their metro project!!!, below is that message...

Iam realy excited for Metro in Pakistan and this has to be better than Delhi Metro..

I am glad to see that we are progressing, Pakistani Metro will be much better than Delhi Metro when complete I am sure

Original Post By Tomato boy in "Lahore and Karachi Metro Lines"

Not only that they even had a Metro plan for Lahore and Karachi and the funniest part was some of the Pakistani members are taking about having it 100 times better then Delhi metro even before laying a single brick for their metro project!!!, below is that message...

Iam realy excited for Metro in Pakistan and this has to be better than Delhi Metro..

I am glad to see that we are progressing, Pakistani Metro will be much better than Delhi Metro when complete I am sure

368666-face_already_funny_make.jpg

As one wise man said ages ago " Don't count the chickens before they are hatched".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom