What's new

High speed bullet trains in India very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wish is they make one Frig*ing long railway line running North to south ...

and reduce the time from one end to another within lest say hrs 8hrs?..

Doable imo

I think there won't be much difference in travelling cost between low fare airlines like Indigo n bullet trains

True, but airlines in India only serves major cities, even then other than fat cats no one takes the airlines for 500-600 km journies.

its a good concept but with so much population density & highly corrupt & incompetent beurocracy its a very very distant dream .

Buddy, As far I know Kerala Government is also Working for a line from Thiruvananthapuram-Kochi-Mangalore, they already formed the KHSRCL. And Chennai-Bangalore-Kochi line will end up in Kochi, I think. I can't understand that there would be two sets of Rail lines between Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram.

But HSR is different. If it comes to Kerala it has to secured on both sides by fences..due to the high population density in Kerala.Even then getting land in Kerala is very difficult, even IR projects are delayed due to the non-availability of land.

Honestly I have not much idea about this KHSRCL, I would rather have the govt spend money s on a North-South express highway. This would serve the state much better by reducing the congestion in Kerala roads especially from trucks and reducing accidents. Also as stage 2 development we could have metro like trams run in the middle or side of this expresshighway.

True, but airlines in India only serves major cities, even then other than fat cats no one takes the airlines for 500-600 km journies.

Yes, flight is cheap only between Big Metros. If I want to go from Lucknow or Varanasi to Delhi by flight, i would be more expensive than Kolkata-Delhi flight.

I agree but i don't know the reason behind this, for e.g if we compare fare of any low fare flight n 1st AC super train there between delhi-mumbai there would be hardly any difference.

But HSR is different. If it comes to Kerala it has to secured on both sides by fences..due to the high population density in Kerala.Even then getting land in Kerala is very difficult, even IR projects are delayed due to the non-availability of land.

I think even KHSRCL would be 250-350km/h project. I think newspaper made the mistake, it would terminate at Kochi, the other line from Thiruvananthapuram to Kochi will be made by Kerala government only.

Honestly I have not much idea about this KHSRCL, I would rather have the govt spend money s on a North-South express highway. This would serve the state much better by reducing the congestion in Kerala roads especially from trucks and reducing accidents. Also as stage 2 development we could have metro like trams run in the middle or side of this expresshighway.

Kerala government has already formed the Public limited company for the High Speed Rail during September 2011.

Kerala High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd formed - southindia - Kochi - ibnlive

KOCHI: The state government has formed a new public limited company - Kerala High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd - to implement a high speed rail network, which is estimated to cost Rs 77,000 crore. The 630-km network will connect Thiruvananthapuram with Mangalore. The Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation (KSIDC) has been appointed the nodal agency to develop the project, and Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has been assigned with a pre-feasibility study.
The new company was formed on the basis of a pre-feasibility report submitted by DMRC. Further technical studies and economic evaluation are currently being planned.
The proposed high speed corridor will have two parallel tracks in the standard gauge system as in the Delhi Metro Rail. The high speed corridor will have an alignment independent of the existing alignment of the Indian Railways.
The project will be implemented as a joint venture between the state government and a private partner which will be selected at a later stage. T Balakrishnan, Additional Chief Secretary (Industry and Commerce), Alkesh Kumar Sharma, Managing Director KSIDC, and T P Thomas Kutty, Executive Director, KSIDC, are the first directors of the new company.
The company will undertake detailed feasibility report for the project and identify suitable rail technology to implement the high speed corridor. Steps have also been initiated for the release of a notification for the acquisition of land needed to implement the project. The width of the land required to be acquired for the rail corridor is 13 metres. The high speed corridor will use a greenfield route to keep the rehabilitation task to the minimum.

Railways have selected a Japanese consortium - Japan External Trade Organisation (Jetro) and Oriental Consultancy along with Parsons Brinkhoff India to conduct the pre-feasibility study on the proposed 664 km long route for running the high speed train.

Railways plan to make the high speed rail corridor a catalyst for India's economic growth and a stimulus for the development of satellite towns, they said.

According to an estimate, it will cost about Rs 100 crore to construct a one km dedicated high speed corridor. As per the preliminary report, ridership revenues would be able to cover the operating cost of the project.

State governments and financial institutions are expected to be stakeholders of the high speed rail corridor project as these projects will be executed through PPP mode.

A team of 12 railway officials had gone on a two-week visit earlier this month to Japan to study the high speed train there.

"It was a fruitful visit as we had a first hand experience of bullet train operation including the signalling system and financial aspect of the high speed train," said an official who was part of the team.

The study tour is to be followed by a visit by a six-member Japanese team to India next month. Japanese team will visit the proposed high speed corridors in the country.

Railways have roped in French firm Systra for Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad (650 km) route, while UK-based consultant Mott McDonald has been engaged to conduct the pre-feasibility study of the longest Delhi-Agra-Lucknow- Varanasi-Patna (991 km) route.

Spanish consultant Eneco has been hired to carry out studies in the shortest Howrah-Haldia (135 km) route.

In order to expedite the bullet train project, Railways are in the process of constituting the National High Speed Rail Authority on the lines of the National Highways Authority of India.

^^ japnese are ever ready to invest in india after there profitable expereance with Delhi Metro , but to my indian freinds is it really worth putting so much money when airlines are almost as cheap and have a un parrelled time advantage over HSR

But trains and planes serve totally different security measure and preference by the customer and tourists

I heard it would be elevated tracks on viaducts.

it will be yes elevated, double the normal height and run on viaduct but where to elevate is also a question. because a lot of fertile fields would be required so the talk is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom