What's new

High speed bullet trains in India very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the tenders for the study of Chennai-Bangalore-Coimbatore-Ernakulum-Thiruvananthapuram high speed corridor are under final negotiations

Good Luck getting land in Kerala.

I am all for a bullet train in India, but currently I would rather have the money spent on the high speed goods corridors b/n major Indian cities. This would allow the rapid movement of goods b/n different parts of India and also free up the existing track so that Passenger Trains can run at a much higher speed.

Good Luck getting land in Kerala.

I am all for a bullet train in India, but currently I would rather have the money spent on the high speed goods corridors b/n major Indian cities. This would allow the rapid movement of goods b/n different parts of India and also free up the existing track so that Passenger Trains can run at a much higher speed.

Buddy, As far I know Kerala Government is also Working for a line from Thiruvananthapuram-Kochi-Mangalore, they already formed the KHSRCL. And Chennai-Bangalore-Kochi line will end up in Kochi, I think. I can't understand that there would be two sets of Rail lines between Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram.

its really nice o have high speed train network in your country..and am sure the expertise of japan will surely help India get a fine system of bullet trains in India.

I think its quite necessary to have high speed train in a big country like india... Airlines costs alot and railways are to slow .. it takes 2-3 days to go for one corner of the country to other in normal trains...

Good development, although the should improve the existing network first. Improve the speed upto 150 km/hr on an average for every long distance train, better rolling stock, and most of all have a better waste disposal system in he trains. The hole in the floor system is very ancient!

Once they achieve all this, then they can move on to HSR.

both on diesel and electricity.electrification of the routes is very fast few year ago LUCKNOW BAREILLY SAHRANPUR AMBALA rote electrified almost all busiest routes are electrified.

Good development, although the should improve the existing network first. Improve the speed upto 150 km/hr on an average for every long distance train, better rolling stock, and most of all have a better waste disposal system in he trains. The hole in the floor system is very ancient!

Once they achieve all this, then they can move on to HSR.

Government is also working on that to increase the speed to 200km/hour on certain corridors.

Good news, Japan is a good friend to India which is helping them a good deal. Delhi metro was so successful partly because of the Japenese involvement and expertise. Why try and re-invent the wheel? Learn from those who have already had succes.

Rs 60,000/- crore has been provided by JICB(JAPAN INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION BANK ) TO Delhi Metro Rail corporation.

both on diesel and electricity.electrification of the routes is very fast few year ago LUCKNOW BAREILLY SAHRANPUR AMBALA rote electrified almost all busiest routes are electrified.
Many electrification projects are going on. The Electrification of Konkan Railways has also started.

I think its quite necessary to have high speed train in a big country like india... Airlines costs alot and railways are to slow .. it takes 2-3 days to go for one corner of the country to other in normal trains...

I think there won't be much difference in travelling cost between low fare airlines like Indigo n bullet trains

This will have a significant multiplier effect and give a boost to the economy. By allowing the rapid movement of capital over gret distances throughout the country. A must in the 21st century. Good to see GoI is getting their collective heads out of their derrières.

good news .....i hope that the project would be implemented successfully .

very old news.
it was decided in 2008. one of my friend's dad had gone to japan to study this system. the problem is not the technology but the location to implement this project. the government cannot decide where to put the tracks and how to avoid trespassing and theft of tracks.

very old news.
it was decided in 2008. one of my friend's dad had gone to japan to study this system. the problem is not the technology but the location to implement this project. the government cannot decide where to put the tracks and how to avoid trespassing and theft of tracks.

I heard it would be elevated tracks on viaducts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom