What's new

High speed bullet trains in India very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For serving strategic purpose is it necessary to develop infrastructure up to last stretch?For rapid build up of troops it would be of great help,five times faster than road.In defence forum you got to analyse a subject with strategic specs on.

So, you want that these HSR should be taken to Deserts of Jaisalmer which is thinly populated and will cause lots of loss to the Railways.

If they going with the project then they should connect, Delhi, Gujarat, Mumbai and Bangalore. Connecting the major cities along the way would also help the railway get better revenue out of the project.

If they going with the project then they should connect, Delhi, Gujarat, Mumbai and Bangalore. Connecting the major cities along the way would also help the railway get better revenue out of the project.

Following are six Corridors:-
1) Delhi-Chandigarh-Amritsar
2)Delhi-Agra-Varanasi-Patna
3)Ahmedabad-Mumbai-Pune
4)hyderabad-Vijayawada-Chennai
5)Chennai-Bangalore-Coimbatore-Ernakulam-Thiruvananthapuram
6)Howrah-Haldia

All Big cities are getting it.

So, you want that these HSR should be taken to Deserts of Jaisalmer which is thinly populated and will cause lots of loss to the Railways.
Plz read my previous post 72 there I mentioned dual use of connecting industrial hubs as well as for troop mobilization during emergency.

Plz read my previous post 72 there I mentioned dual use of connecting industrial hubs as well as for troop mobilization during emergency.

these high speed trains are passenger ones . not goods , which would be used during mobilization .

these high speed trains are passenger ones . not goods , which would be used during mobilization .
Do you mean that for rapid ferrying of goods GOI will lay another track??I was thinking that engine with more traction power would be able to carry goods too on same track and GOI is certainly not that visionless.

Buddy, of all the six routes mentioned above only one Connect to border area i.e. Amritsar and Ahmedabad is near Kuchchh border. There is already numerous mountain project going on or planned to connect to border areas in Himalayas. There are going to be three Rail lines in Arunachal Pradesh, One in Sikkim, 2 in Uttarakhand, one in Himachal Pradesh and 2 in Jammu and Kashmir(other line is Jammu-Akhnoor-Poonch rail line.) so, Here we are discussing about bullet trains which is noway related to defence sector instead it is about economic prospect.

Apart from this some of the Broad Gauge Routes would be upgraded to 160-200km range on main trunk routes in India. so, Here we are discussing about bullet trains which is noway related to defence sector instead it is about economic prospect.

Buddy, of all the six routes mentioned above only one Connect to border area i.e. Amritsar and Ahmedabad is near Kuchchh border. There is already numerous mountain project going on or planned to connect to border areas in Himalayas. There are going to be three Rail lines in Arunachal Pradesh, One in Sikkim, 2 in Uttarakhand, one in Himachal Pradesh and 2 in Jammu and Kashmir(other line is Jammu-Akhnoor-Poonch rail line.) so, Here we are discussing about bullet trains which is noway related to defence sector instead it is about economic prospect.

Apart from this some of the Broad Gauge Routes would be upgraded to 160-200km range on main trunk routes in India. so, Here we are discussing about bullet trains which is noway related to defence sector instead it is about economic prospect.
Each and every infrastructure of the country helps her in war time??So as significant as high speed trains are all the more important.

Do you mean that for rapid ferrying of goods GOI will lay another track??I was thinking that engine with more traction power would be able to carry goods too on same track and GOI is certainly not that visionless.

HSR trains are not exactly known for their goods carrying capacity.

Each and every infrastructure of the country helps her in war time??So as significant as high speed trains are all the more important.

Army knows their strategy better than you. And these HSR are of no use to Army.

no i mean High speed trains are used for passengers , where as goods trains are used to transport equipment to the front. we have enough of goods trains to worry about getting high speed ones.

If india is in talks with Japan, it is far more likely they will end up buying from China.

If india is in talks with Japan, it is far more likely they will end up buying from China.

component sourcing might be done from multiple sources to reduce initial costs, but the push will be to localize the production just like the case has been with our city metros

Can we afford it? Will it be economically viable to run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom