What's new

Hidden Secret of Hyderabad !

punit

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Hyderabad (Telangana, india) is one of most fascinating City of India and my favorite as well!
The city served as capital for erstwhile Nizams, then State of Hyderabad and currently as the Joint Capital of AP and telangana.
centuries of amalgam of different culture, ethnicity and people makes the city a Unique Melting Pot.
This reflect clearly in the Food habits of the city!
Hyderabadi Biriyanis and Haleem needs no introduction in the world. They are simply the best!

However the immense popularity of few food items masks the rich treasure of food of immense varieties available in the city.

here is my tribute of some of the best less known items ( as per my preference strictly!! ) from the land Of Hyderabad.

1. Kheemey-ki-Luqmi :
maxresdefault.jpg

After the pic you must have go the idea of its make. keema filled rectangular pastry deep fried and served hot !
Try : Alpha Hotel, Railway Station Road, Secunderabad .

2. Hyderabadi Marag.
maxresdefault.jpg

A unique light soup/Shorba made up of Mutton, Coconut and Almonds.

Have it like a soup or dip some naans .. choice is yours!

3. Char Koni Naan ( Square naan)
munshi-naan-600.jpg

A unique shaped naan not very different from a regular naan in taste but i doubt u will get it anywhere else ! ;)
try them at : Munshi Naan, Dabeer Pura Cross Road, Purani Haveli, Old City, Hyderabad. ( their shop is supposedly 150 + year old !)

4. Lahsaun ki kheer (Garlic Kheer) or anokhi kheer.
A unique dish which u will not find in any Restaurant but in kitchens of food lovers.
garlic and milk do not well together but the experienced cooks use alum water and long lasting patience ( It takes most 24 hours ) to remove the unique smell of lahsun ( garlic) and prepare the dish.

Another version of dish involves Pyaz ( onions)

5.Gongura Chicken/Mutton (Mamsam).

Gongura-Chicken.jpg

A traditional Andhra Spicy dish. The USP here is a leaf Knows As Gongura which gives it a distinctive taste ( like lemon ).
Though The chicken Version is more popular but try the Mutton version for real taste.

6. Maghaz Masala ( Lamb Brain Masala).
maxresdefault.jpg

This dish may be available to other places in India and Pakistan as well but the Hyderabadi Version is unique in its own. Eat it to know it !

7. Hyderabadi CHakna.
maxresdefault.jpg

This one is not for everyone. its a stew made up of of Goat's intestine and surrounding parts.

8.Pathar-ka-Gosht.
Ramzan-Walk-Pathar-Ka-Ghosht-2-MM-Road.jpg

Made by a braising Mutton pieces on a heated stone this a khalis Hyderabad dish. However since the process ( heating thick slabs of stones takes ages ) is time consuming cooks use semi cooked Mutton pieces at most of the places which is not same as original version.

9. Baghare baingan
upload_2016-5-16_17-48-42.jpeg

Something for veg Lovers. U unique dish of baingan ( Egg Plant ) cooked in cashew-Coconut gravy.
10. Badam ki Jali.

slide_423610_5444684_free.jpg

A unique mithai !

So folks this is installment One !!! there are many more dishes unique to the region of Hyderabad.
The dishes i posted here are those which i have tried during time spent by in Hyderabad
Pictures and some description are of taken from Internet.
Please contribute to thread with you knowledge.

Most of Hydrabadi food is ethinic turko-mongol food and so are the white and fair skinned hyderabadis..

Back
Top Bottom