What's new

Hero Pakistani doc who helped get bin Laden hit with dubious murder charge

Absolutely disingenuous to ask us for proof of what happened in Pakistan, similar to asking us for proof of Mumbai attacks that were planned in Pakistan.

My post is based on reasoning, unless you believe AQ Khan single handeldly sent military planes abroad on nuke smuggling missions, or that allowing LET to operate at muridke just by changing name plate does not show state support of terrorism. No I do not have ''proof'' ''pakistani state'' was involved, so do not ask, I already admit.

Okay. So let's just go with our non expert opinion and start taking names. Gut feelings and newspaper articles are not going to hack it when it comes to foriegn policy conundrums.

Pakistani authority/intelligence/military knew where OBL was.....but they didn't want to 'take out' OBL for two reasons:-
1. They supported OBL
2. Though finally they had to give in to American pressure, they didn't want to have any hand in 'taking out' OBL fearing backlash from Taliban...

Here is an interesting analysis...

Last edited:
what about pakistani people who helped Osama in hiding in pakistan .....will they get any punishment.....if they dont then you dont have moral right to punish dr. afridi......

Okay. So let's just go with our non expert opinion and start taking names. Gut feelings and newspaper articles are not going to hack it when it comes to foriegn policy conundrums.

Sorry but the only other alternative is fantastic stories told by your state, on the same day pardon to the perp.

OBL was not a Pakistani citizen and he was living in Pakistan illegally. Osama as well as all those who provided support and were linked with OBL were enemies of Pakistan State. However, I would have liked OBL to be eliminated by Pakistan forces.

While I am happy that an enemy of Pakistan and someone responsible for the inspiration behind suicide bombing & killing of innocent by standers; something clearly ‘Haraam’ in Islam; has been sent to Hell. I do not believe that END JUFTIES THE MEANS.

In my opinion, Dr Shakil Afridi is guilty of two crimes:

- As posted earlier, he used polio vaccination as a ruse for testing DNA. This seriously harmed anti Polio campaign in Pakistan. This offence is a crime against humanity.

- Article 5 (1) of Pakistan constitution which states: Loyalty to the State is the basic duty of every citizen.

Aiding & abetting any foreign agency no matter how good the cause goes against this basic principle. Dr Afridi aided US to commit an act that seriously damaged Pakistan’s sovereignty. Thus in my book Dr Afridi is guilty of treason.

hero ? lolz pesa phenk tamasha dekh if CIA paid him to bring his sisters daughters for dance in peshawer consulate and got 5mn rupee he will sure do it . he is not a hero but dalal

he's not a hero; he's a traitor to his nation, not to mention a "doctor" guilty of blatant medical mal-practice

it will be up to the govt and judiciary to determine whether there should be a re-trial; quite frankly, i dont see a different outcome so its just a waste of time

he's not a hero; he's a traitor to his nation, not to mention a "doctor" guilty of blatant medical mal-practice

it will be up to the govt and judiciary to determine whether there should be a re-trial; quite frankly, i dont see a different outcome so its just a waste of time
Well, lets see, NATO violated Pakistani sovereignty countless times already before this doctor ever came into the spotlight as well as after, so does that not make our armed forces and gov.t treasonous??

In fact, yes it does in every sense of the word! No faithful Army or gov.t allows another nation to kill and arrest the citizens of its own nation at will.

Of course we will let him go, but only after digging a deeper hole for ourselves, in our typical fashion.

Well, lets see, NATO violated Pakistani sovereignty countless times already before this doctor ever came into the spotlight as well as after, so does that not make our armed forces and gov.t treasonous??

In fact, yes it does in every sense of the word! No faithful Army or gov.t allows another nation to kill and arrest the citizens of its own nation at will.

You are right. what about Afia Siddiqui? Was'nt the Army, the ISI and the Govt. not an accessory to that rendition; among many others. Who will try them?

Instead this Doctor has just become the fall-guy for all of the same above authorities for their incompetence or complicity; take your pick.

Of course we will let him go, but only after digging a deeper hole for ourselves, in our typical fashion.

Raymond Davis Redux?

Back
Top Bottom