What's new

Here's What Iran Wants From Sanctions Relief

Guys come on,don't fight. Let's just agree that Israel needs to go back to the pre-1967 borders and Iran to not actually make nuclear weapons. And USA to finally stop this stupid embargo and 40 year sanctions.
But why? I don't see that as fair. Why should we agree on that? lol

But we don't want everything.
Israel is not everything, you know.

Ok try to understand our side, we want peace in the eastern med region and prosperity. Those endless wars are not good for anyone

Ok try to understand our side, we want peace in the eastern med region and prosperity. Those endless wars are not good for anyone
Then you can happily take Israel and give it a part of your own lands. We do not object to that. We welcome that in fact.

If anything, you can ask the Germans to do that. They had to give part of their territory to the Poles after the World War II. It's only fair if they give a German state to the Jews for their systematic cruelty and genocide against them. I am completely fine with Israel in the state of Bavaria, for example.

Then you can happily take Israel and give it a part of your own lands. We do not object to that. We welcome that in fact.

If anything, you can ask the Germans to do that. They had to give part of their territory to the Poles after the World War II. It's only fair if they give a German state to the Jews for their systematic cruelty and genocide against them. I am completely fine with Israel in the state of Bavaria, for example.

Israel is where it is. That wont change plus i dont see what iran gets from current situation

Israel is where it is. That wont change plus i dont see what iran gets from current situation
Temporarily. Israel has a history of disappearing times and times again. If history is any guide, it's only a matter of time before they disappear again.
Soon your favorite Israelis will come back to Europe (to their original countries) and you can fight with each other again.

Temporarily. Israel has a history of disappearing times and times again. If history is any guide, it's only a matter of time before they disappear again.
Soon your favorite Israelis will come back to Europe (to their original countries) and you can fight with each other again.

Favorite israelis? Because i say we have good relations? We also have good relations with egypt, is that favorite now too?

I remember arguing with my Greek friends at uni, and I would tell them that the EU is bad for them and they are just lowering Greece into a trap... they too coldn´t see how giving up all thir soverignity to the EU could be very bad for them.
I guess we can go with the Iranian model, where they have been the suerpower of the world more than any other nation... or choose the Greek model, where they were under foreign rule for 2000 yeras, only to give up their soverignity again to the EU.......

Jewish life is something we say in Greece and Europe in general.

They don't commonly use that phrase here. I have lived in Europe for decades, read European newspapers in several languages for ages (back in the days of print media and then on the internet), and have interacted with European society on a daily basis.

It is bona fide zionist terminology. People using it are usually zionist activists dedicated to the cause. And that terminology itself was devised by zionists in reference to Jewish cultural elements, namely the slogan "Am Yisrael Chai" ("The people of Israel live") as well as the Chai symbol.

Greece has good relations with Israel, we even have a pipeline project going on. You have a problem with that?

I kind of do I must confess, given that I'm of anti-zionist persuasion and that to me, the neo-colonial occupation regime in Palestine is not politically legitimate.

But you skipped the main issue highlighted in my post. We've seen you open a thread presenting the ancient wars between Iran and Greece as stemming from Iranian incapacity to grasp what you deem to be fundamental cultural incompatibility between the two sides.

Then here in this thread, responding to user QWECXS's comment on potential future negotiations surrounding Iran's present day nuclear program, you made quite a sweeping trans-historical generalization about Iran, suggesting that it "always" ends up on the losing side because of some behavioural trait you appear to ascribe to Iranians.

When user Muhammed45 called into question your proposals with regards to the same nuclear dossier, asking on what grounds you formulate guidelines for Iran, you moved the discussion onto the cultural level again, implying once more the schematic dichotomy "Greece = Europe = freedom & democracy" vs "Iran = Asia = paternalism & tyranny". Granted, Muhammed45's post constituted an ad hominem, but instead of directing your response at him personally, you chose to land another jab at Iranian and Oriental culture ("in our culture we can say our opinion" was your reaction; notwithstanding the fact that Islamic Iran is in fact more democratic than secular liberal so-called democracies of the west, but that's another topic for another day). Which was pretty unwarranted in this particular case, since Muhammed45's contribution you were responding to did not venture into this area at all.

Let's not mention certain other debatable semantic choices ("Iran is meaningless in the grand scheme of things").

So that's quite the pent up antagonism exhibited against Iran on a purported historical and civilizational premise. And what for, if one may ask? Wars which occurred 2500 years ago? Or could it be that some other factor is at play here, such as pro-active leaning towards zionism, for example...?

Especially since at the same time, a historical clash occurring some 300 years later (i.e. closer to us) and opposing not Iranian but Jewish people to Greeks, does not seem to be worthy of mention to you. Hence my humble if somewhat ironic invitation to include a few indirect little pokes and nudges at Jewish culture when speaking of Isra"el", just for the sake of equity seeing that this is how you would proceed vis a vis Iran, is it not? Opening a thread on how come that Jews thought they could take on an ancient Greek-ruled empire, expounding on the fascinating episode of Hanukkah, and viewing Isra"el"i policy through a cultural-determinist lense would be other symmetrical undertakings you may perhaps want to engage in.

Or is there some marked ideological-type of allegiance to zionism behind the apparent double standard, after all?

- - - - -

It's that the contemporary regime calling itself Isra"el" is seen as a holy entity under divine protection by adherents of certain ideological, religious and esoterist currents - zionism, freemasonry, globalist messianism, Christian zionism etc. So to them, Isra"el"'s intangible status until the establishment of the Third Temple and the day of Armageddon is viewed as factual and leaves no room for discussion.

Last edited:
It's that the contemporary regime calling itself Isra"el" is seen as a holy entity under divine protection by adherents of certain ideological, religious and esoterist currents - zionism, freemasonry, globalist messianism, Christian zionism etc. So to them, Isra"el"'s intangible status until the establishment of the Third Temple and the day of Armageddon is viewed as factual and leaves no room for discussion.
Yeah the majority of Orthodox Greeks know about all this too. We don't have problems with normal Jewish people,but we're not Evangelicals,you know what I mean ;)

They don't commonly use that phrase here. I have lived in Europe for decades, read European newspapers in several languages for ages (back in the days of print media and then on the internet), and have interacted with European society on a daily basis.

It is bona fide zionist terminology. People using it are usually zionist activists dedicated to the cause. And that terminology itself was devised by zionists in reference to Jewish cultural elements, namely the slogan "Am Yisrael Chai" ("The people of Israel live") as well as the Chai symbol.

I kind of do I must confess, given that I'm of anti-zionist persuasion and that to me, the neo-colonial occupation regime in Palestine is not politically legitimate.

But you skipped the main issue highlighted in my post. We've seen you open a thread presenting the ancient wars between Iran and Greece as stemming from Iranian incapacity to grasp what you deem to be fundamental cultural incompatibility between the two sides.

Then here in this thread, responding to user QWECXS's comment on potential future negotiations surrounding Iran's present day nuclear program, you made quite a sweeping trans-historical generalization about Iran, suggesting that it "always" ends up on the losing side because of some behavioural trait you appear to ascribe to Iranians.

When user Muhammed45 called into question your proposals with regards to the same nuclear dossier, asking on what grounds you formulate guidelines for Iran, you moved the discussion onto the cultural level again, implying once more the schematic dichotomy "Greece = Europe = freedom & democracy" vs "Iran = Asia = paternalism & tyranny". Granted, Muhammed45's post constituted an ad hominem, but instead of directing your response at him personally, you chose to land another jab at Iranian and Oriental culture ("in our culture we can say our opinion" was your reaction; notwithstanding the fact that Islamic Iran is in fact more democratic than secular liberal so-called democracies of the west, but that's another topic for another day). Which was pretty unwarranted in this particular case, since Muhammed45's contribution you were responding to did not venture into this area at all.

Let's not mention certain other debatable semantic choices ("Iran is meaningless in the grand scheme of things").

So that's quite the pent up antagonism exhibited against Iran on a purported historical and civilizational premise. And what for, if one may ask? Wars which occurred 2500 years ago? Or could it be that some other factor is at play here, such as pro-active leaning towards zionism, for example...?

Especially since at the same time, a historical clash occurring some 300 years later (i.e. closer to us) and opposing not Iranian but Jewish people to Greeks, does not seem to be worthy of mention to you. Hence my humble if somewhat ironic invitation to include a few indirect little pokes and nudges at Jewish culture when speaking of Isra"el", just for the sake of equity seeing that this is how you would proceed vis a vis Iran, is it not? Opening a thread on how come that Jews thought they could take on an ancient Greek-ruled empire, expounding on the fascinating episode of Hannukah, and viewing Isra"el"i policy through a cultural-determinist lense would be other symmetrical undertakings you may perhaps want to engage in.

Or is there some marked ideological-type of allegiance to zionism behind the apparent double standard, after all?

- - - - -

Well sorry to disappoint you but plain and simple no. I dont know what hannuka means.

For me, israel is a country like Lebanon and Egypt. A player in the eastern med region which we have good relations with.

I personal dont care about Zionism. What i know is that its a stable country we can make deals with. Palestine on other hand is radical crazy and corrupt and as christian i could not even visit Jerusalem, anymore. So i prefer the status quo, as does my government and the entire EU

Back
Top Bottom