What's new

Here is something Pakistani's living abroad should learn from Palestinians

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a Ross Kemp documentary I watched. In it, the Latinos were making disgusting remarks towards blacks. And vice versa.

I know this might be steretyping, But I still like Africans, and African Americans a lot. They have a lot of personality.

Good to know Keralites don't get into trouble :P
Lol.

It all depends on the neighborhoods that belong to the respective immigrant/ethnic/racial communities.

Black gangs=Mostly in Black neighborhoods

Hispanic gangs=Mostly in their own neighborhoods

Pakistani gangs= Mostly in Pakistani neighborhoods like Hillside Queens and Cony Island in Brooklyn to name a few that i know of.

The problem arises when certain parts of the neighborhoods overlap each other.

That's what i've concluded from my own experience, and i've lived in NYC for my whole life.

Not that i know of. I guess they keep a low profile. Its all about who has the most man power nowadays, and there aint that many Italian neighborhoods left in NYC. Back in the day when Italians and Irish were the major immigrant groups who occupied large ghettos in NYC and the entire East Coast that was when the Mobs had their golden days.
Pakistanis on USA are small time to Indian Canadians. ;)

Overall the Latin gangs are the most influential in the US. Of course you will have Black gangs ruling majority Black neighborhoods etc. But overall the Latin gangs are recognized as the most notorious, organized and widespread. Just look at the growing demographic shift in the US. A demographic shift that is mostly due to the Latin immigration and them growing in numbers across the whole US (nearly).
I have never heard about any Pakistani gangs? How many Pakistani Americans are there in the US?

According to this number there are barely 400.000.

Pakistani American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, you are just talking about NYC. Aha. My mistake.

Well are most of the local population (White one) not Italian-Americans and Irish-Americans still. It would be strange if the opposite was the case since they have mostly remained.

Well, the Italian mob don't operate directly. They are not very visible. From what I have read and heard from people in NYC they seem pretty influential behind the scenes still. I might be wrong though.

Yeah, that's why there are a lot of Latino gangs due to their growing numbers. Manpower is the key here, there is a reason why mexicans pump out a lot of kids as soon as they land in the U.S.A., they believe they are building a army to take back America from the European White man (and the "others" who don't "belong" here). Even though, they depend on the welfare money given to them through the Welfare Tax funds provided by the working class and middle class Whites.

About the Pakistani gangs, they are mostly confined to the Pakistani majority neighborhoods in NYC like Cony Island and Hillside. Not sure about other states but i know for a fact that the biggest Pakistani community in America is in New York. I'm not aware of the total population of Pakistanis within America though.

Most of the Italians and Irish immigrants, being Europeans, easily assimilated into American society and climbed the social ladder so i doubt they'd be in the same situation as the new immigrant groups, particularly the non-European groups, to form gangs, etc. And besides, a lot of them moved out into the midwest. I believe, after the Irish, the second largest European ethnic group is the German Americans who are mostly confined to the Mid West.

The Italian Mob most likely keep a low profile because i haven't heard of any recent crimes being committed at their hands nowadays.

Well it is always easier when you are so few in numbers. 13 million Jews worldwide of which about half live in Israel. One common enemy regardless of politics. Not difficult to be united. Add the Holocaust factor and the Jewish psyche of always being oppressed.

Well, most seem united to me or am I wrong? If not what is Pakistan today would not exist.

For me at least unity isn't about uttering a few nationalistic rants and patting your compatriots on the back for such performances now and then lol.

Unity is tested under tough times, the kind we are going through nowadays. There are so many factors hell bent on dividing the nation that be it like I said the political players to secure their vote banks, the military, obviously the clerics who have their own fatwas to spice up the otherwise monotonous political domain and for a decade or so even terrorists have started following in their footsteps.

Our forefathers were indeed united and Pakistan is evidence enough for that I agree.

Last edited:
There was a Ross Kemp documentary I watched. In it, the Latinos were making disgusting remarks towards blacks. And vice versa.

I know this might be steretyping, But I still like Africans, and African Americans a lot. They have a lot of personality.

Good to know Keralites don't get into trouble :P

Oh, I have absolutely no problems with any race or ethnic groups. I do enjoy parts of African-American culture such as their openness, warmth, music etc. Nor do I have any problems with Africans. For instance I consider the Afro-Arabs like one of the most warm and joyous people in the Arab world despite their history of marginalization on all fronts. That no Arab should have a problem with admitting.

The Jews in Israel are woried about their children marryng out. There was a news floating around that Netanyahu's son was going out with a Girl from one of the Scandinavian countries.

Jews in America, 70% of them marry out. And Jews in Israel look at that they are worried their identity will be diluted.

Pakistanis seem to be united enough.

I don't even know Hindi, and yet I am proud to be an Indian (won't let the idiots back home spoil a great land and culture with their lunacy)

I still get some $hit for not learning our national language.

:-)

Yes, that's because there are so few of them and due to cultural and religious reasons. I respect that. Although it is basically a stupidity since Askhenazi and Sephardic/Mizrahi Jews (roughly 50/50% of the Israeli Jewish population) are marrying each other increasingly. Those you have mixtures of Yemeni/Iraqi/Moroccan "Jews" with Polish/Russian/German etc. "Jews". Creating a mixture. For instance those Mizrahi/Sephardic Jews from Arab country x or y are impossible to distinguish from the local Muslim or Christian populations. Mostly that is. Easier with the Askhenazis compared to the Europeans.

Yes, most of the JEws in the US seem really liberal and seem to belong on the left side.

I can name like 5 so called Pakistani gangs nowadays who just fight one another lolsz.

At least none of you are killing each other like we Arabs do…..

Was it really that bad? Sounds messed up and poor people. What about the Arabs then? The Arab-American community is 10 times larger than the Pakistani-American community although most of the mare Christian Arabs. They must have faced similar problems. The thing that makes me wonder is the fact that Latinos apparently attacked Muslims. The same Latinos who often are and can be confused of being Muslims (Arabs etc.) and vice versa. In fact millions of Latinos have Arab ancestry to make matters even worse. 20-30 million overall from Mexico to Argentina. Most are once again Christians.

Strange shit. Not many hate crimes in Europe against Muslims compared to our size. Surprisingly.

Pakistanis were the main targets because 1). Pakistan rhymes with Afghanistan, and 2). Shalwar Kameez sticks out like a soar thumb. All the newsreel footage of Osama showed him in Shalwar Kameez and all of a sudden every American knew where Afghanistan and Pakistan were on the map. Arabs here could easily wear jeans with just a hijab, but Pakistanis tend to be very traditional, especially the first two generations. Also, Arabs have much bigger communities and a lot more influence due to earlier presence than Pakistanis.

Sh!t got so bad for us Pakistanis that i remember once i had my prayer cap on outside and my mother smacked me on the head for not taking it off.

At least none of you are killing each other like we Arabs do…..
Dude, where have you been!!

Taliban behead 23 Pak soldiers, peace talks with government collapse - Democratic Underground

For me at least unity isn't about uttering a few nationalistic rants and patting your compatriots on the back for such performances now and then lol.

Unity is tested under tough times, the kind we are going through nowadays. There are so many factors hell bent on dividing the nation that be it like I said the political players to score their vote banks, the military, obviously the clerics who have their own fatwas to spice up the otherwise monotonous political domain and for a decade or so even terrorists have started following in their footsteps.

Our forefathers were indeed united and Pakistan is evidence enough for that I agree.

Most of the so-called unity is just hot air. It really is. I am talking about the unity based on ethnicities etc. At least that is often the case. Here I am talking about ruler vs ruler from the same group of people. The ordinary Joe is different. But then again power corrupts people.

Yes, a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic state like Pakistan is a living proof of the unity that exists. In reality that a country which is younger than some of the users parents here have been able to create a nationality that binds people together is remarkable.

Oh, I was more referring to relations between Muslims as a people. They to me seem much closer, warmer and real than any other religious group out there. And I have lived in Europe for years, in the ME and I studied 1 year in the US so I had the pleasure to met Muslims and non-Muslims from across the world on 3 continents. I only think Jews have a similar unity and maybe Hindus although I do not know that community well enough to make a judgement. And here I am talking about the big religions not some obscure sect.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom