What's new

Heavy water leakage at Kakrapar atomic plant in south Gujarat, 1 plant shut, no radiation leak

BS Nuclear power is a safe option if all the protocols are followed. Don't forget that Chernobyl & Fukushima happened bcuz certain rules were broken
OK then I would like to say u people become GOD to develop error free plants...hats off .... fine example of this fist post....heavy water leakage....go kid have a life

@MaarKhoor
Sir, i respect your opinion on use of certain types of energy sources and will therefore not argue with your standing here. But since the arguments have turned unpleasant, i would like to put up two points:
  1. Developing countries like ours having a huge population base and growing energy needs, we require large and concentrate sources of energy like fossil fuels and nuclear. while it is true that both have inherent disadvantages wrt to pollution and statistical risks of radiological hazards, but they are required for development. surely close to 1.3 billion people in India cant rely on wind or solar power alone, especially industry and transport.
  2. Once Paris agreement on GHG cutting comes into force, we might be forced to shutdown old TPP and will be left with little choice in hand.
Western countries have little growth in energy demand and they can easily survive on renewable sources of energy even with high pet capita energy use and lets face it developing nations, as in words of our ex PM Dr. Manmohan Singh, Donot have the luxury of choice.
The answer to above problem, IMHO, lies in improving quality, skills of personnel manning these utilities and a markedly improved safety culture. i hope as an electrical engineer yourself, you would appreciate it.

@Abingdonboy @Skull and Bones @waz @WAJsal @AUSTERLITZ
Respect...but would like to say...developing countries have license to go suicidal ? densely populated Countries millions at risk...sorry to differ u..

developing countries have license to go suicidal
Not suggesting that.
The key lies in improving technology and making it inherently safe.
Next generation of reactors are being designed to have a negative coefficients for reactivity for power, coolant loss and temperature, meaning any increase in power or increase in fuel clad temperatures or loss of cooling would have a negative feedback loop leading to power reduction or reactor scram.
Also work on exotic technologies like fusion is essential as large power consumers (like industrial areas for example) cannot survive on extremely diluted source of power such as solar or wind.
That said, these technologies operate at extremely high temperature (Generation 5 reactors, fusion tokamaks etc) to achieve higher carnot cycle efficiency and hence put tremendous requirement on metallurgy and manufacturing, some of which doesn't even exist now.
The whole point is with kind of power distribution grid architecture and load pattern, for me atleast, it is difficult to foresee how renewable sources alone would cater demand. But our reliance on fossil fuels will come down in next 50 years, is a certain scenario.

@nair @MilSpec @WebMaster @Horus
u people are quite often criticize other (title holders) but not responding to my tag tell the whole story...

My post

See powerful and advance nations like Russia (USSR at that time) and Japan find themselves helpless in case of nuclear accidents. Chinorbal was melt down while routine check up went wrong and Fokoshima blown up by natural disasters... Building more nuclear plants is recipe to disasters...It is like digging u r own grave...I urge Pakistan and India to stop building Nuclear plants, we have huge workforce, lands to build clean energy but it seems that both nations attentions was to get more weapons instead of energy.

Indian members reply

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/heavy-water-leakage-at-kakrapar-atomic-plant-in-south-gujarat-1-plant-shut-no-radiation-leak.425432/#ixzz42iBCaA3c
Keep your unsolicited recommendations to yourself, India is not Pakistan and vice versa, stop comparing the two- you're just humiliating yourselves.

My please

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/heavy-water-leakage-at-kakrapar-atomic-plant-in-south-gujarat-1-plant-shut-no-radiation-leak.425432/page-2#ixzz42iB6U1aB
@nair @MilSpec @SpArK @AUSTERLITZ

Does my post deserves such reply ? why do you not think this person should be treated for his blind hatred and insult to my country.
@PARIKRAMA @WAJsal @anant_s

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/heavy-water-leakage-at-kakrapar-atomic-plant-in-south-gujarat-1-plant-shut-no-radiation-leak.425432/page-2#ixzz42iB0nGRA

from u people no answer

@WebMaster @Horus @Slav Defence
they are talking about other tag holders but when a Indian troll insults me and my country they mum over it...just to bring this issue for u r knowledge...where milspec aka sandy handover maximum to pak members and crying over a single negative over @Khafee

Not suggesting that.
The key lies in improving technology and making it inherently safe.
Next generation of reactors are being designed to have a negative coefficients for reactivity for power, coolant loss and temperature, meaning any increase in power or increase in fuel clad temperatures or loss of cooling would have a negative feedback loop leading to power reduction or reactor scram.
Also work on exotic technologies like fusion is essential as large power consumers (like industrial areas for example) cannot survive on extremely diluted source of power such as solar or wind.
That said, these technologies operate at extremely high temperature (Generation 5 reactors, fusion tokamaks etc) to achieve higher carnot cycle efficiency and hence put tremendous requirement on metallurgy and manufacturing, some of which doesn't even exist now.
The whole point is with kind of power distribution grid architecture and load pattern, for me atleast, it is difficult to foresee how renewable sources alone would cater demand. But our reliance on fossil fuels will come down in next 50 years, is a certain scenario.
Sir nuclear reactors are snakes can bite any time....we are not God or prophets, scientist are either the same no nuclear plant is disaster free...can write it with my blood...

Last edited:
@MaarKhoor will reply to this thread later, as I am online from phone an I have some difficulties...

Does my post deserves such reply ? why do you not think this person should be treated for his blind hatred and insult to my country.

No where did I mentioned this...we should gradually go to green energy, more dams and wind turbines.
you can report the post, @Abingdonboy relax

regards.

@nair @MilSpec
u people are quite often criticize other (title holders) but not responding to my tag tell the whole story...

My post

See powerful and advance nations like Russia (USSR at that time) and Japan find themselves helpless in case of nuclear accidents. Chinorbal was melt down while routine check up went wrong and Fokoshima blown up by natural disasters... Building more nuclear plants is recipe to disasters...It is like digging u r own grave...I urge Pakistan and India to stop building Nuclear plants, we have huge workforce, lands to build clean energy but it seems that both nations attentions was to get more weapons instead of energy.

Indian members reply

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/heavy-water-leakage-at-kakrapar-atomic-plant-in-south-gujarat-1-plant-shut-no-radiation-leak.425432/#ixzz42iBCaA3c
Keep your unsolicited recommendations to yourself, India is not Pakistan and vice versa, stop comparing the two- you're just humiliating yourselves.

My please

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/heavy-water-leakage-at-kakrapar-atomic-plant-in-south-gujarat-1-plant-shut-no-radiation-leak.425432/page-2#ixzz42iB6U1aB

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/heavy-water-leakage-at-kakrapar-atomic-plant-in-south-gujarat-1-plant-shut-no-radiation-leak.425432/page-2#ixzz42iB0nGRA

from u people no answer

@WebMaster @Horus @Slav Defence
they are talking about other tag holders but when a Indian troll insults me and my country they mum over it...just to bring this issue for u r knowledge...where milspec aka sandy handover maximum to pak members and crying over a single negative over @Khafee

Sir nuclear reactors are snakes can bite any time....we are not God or prophets, scientist are either the same no nuclear plant is disaster free...can write it with my blood...

I m not a moderator here, If you find something that violates forum regulation, tag moderators and report the post.

You are absolutely mistaken.

I won't comment on Pakistan's energy requirement, but India needs energy to sustain it's economic growth, build its infrastructure and provide employment to it's populace. nuclear energy along with thermal, hydel, natural gas and non- conventional sources have it's place in the energy profile. If anything , India is a leader in Wind and solar energy across the board and the shortfall needs to be supplanted by conventional and Nuclear fuel. Risk vs reward is evaluated and based on te results such projects are undertaken.

I want u r opinion about my post and the response from that guy...

hi @MaarKhoor

Got to see the posts now on this thread.. Alerts as usual did not show much..

On topic, the future seems to be based on 3 different energy sources as per what i had discussed with industry folks

1. India plans to have almost 60-70 Nuclear plants over next 3-4 decades. This will actually create a situation that all Uranium producers will see a spiraling up of fuel prices

2. Solar power will see a humongous growth potential and possibly will outmatch the Nuclear power production over time. Only issue is that solar power production particularly localisation is a big problem as India may not get the expertise and access to technology from the west

3. About Wind Energy, i dont see a too bright future chance

What we will observe is a slow move out from the Fossil fuel based energy production module to renewable and nuclear energy based systems

Of course N energy will have inherent risk but reactor designs have matured a lot as pointed by @anant_s

Practically i would like to see more solar power but i also understand that solar power production is a bit uneven owing to location, weather and other technological issues.

But yes, as a country we will have to move to other cleaner sources from fossil fuel ones..
++

As for the other aspect of posts, i believe all of the sides should relax a bit.. its a good topic of discussion in terms of technology and what possibly could have gone wrong.. an excellent post by @anant_s while i was reading the annual reports for modernization part of KAPS 1 (Kakrapara reactor). Also some points by @MaarKhoor about renewable energy is important but Anant said constraints do exist..

OK then I would like to say u people become GOD to develop error free plants...hats off .... fine example of this fist post....heavy water leakage....go kid have a life

A very good choice of words :enjoy:

U have power to rate...what about that..?
I did not find the post insulting or violating the forum regulations, he did not personally insult you, but objected to your unsolicited advice, he aslo mentioned two countries, to stop comparing India and Pakistan, the energy requirements, energy output, energy growth, and conventional and non conventional energy markets are miles apart between the two countries. 1052 Billion KWH for India compared to 92 Billon KWH for pakistan. and these numbers are from 2012, Energy policy that suits Pakistan, can barely be compared to a state in India, and thus there is literally no comparison.

But that is my opinion, if you still feel that abingdonboy's post was insulting you or your nationality, please report it and let the mods decide. If I come across something insulting I will rate it or report it. You can confirm that with moderators.

I did not find the post insulting or violating the forum regulations, he did not personally insult you, but objected to your unsolicited advice, he aslo mentioned two countries, to stop comparing India and Pakistan, the energy requirements, energy output, energy growth, and conventional and non conventional energy markets are miles apart between the two countries. 1052 Billion KWH for India compared to 92 Billon KWH for pakistan. and these numbers are from 2012, Energy policy that suits Pakistan, can barely be compared to a state in India, and thus there is literally no comparison.
Waoo A TTA nice response he says don't compare my country with u its a insult to my country....Sandy AKA milspec its a nice thing to say...

What is India...

A super power ?
World's largest holder of poorest population...?

biased + Indian ?

u proved it
@Khafee @WAJsal @Slav Defence

@Bratva @Atanz @HRK @Oscar

Back
Top Bottom