What's new

Head of Sri Lankan Buddhist group calls on Modi to rule India like Ashoka

All kings had war as state policy... Ashoka was the only king in recorded history to preach peace..

India is an awesome special country we dont need run of the mill conquerors we need greatest of the great that is Asoka...

Just like Ashoka civilized Sri Lnaka then .. I hope Modi does it again now and peach humanity and peaceful coexistence to them again...

Dude, I am a Buddhist and I am telling you, what Ashoka preached was a more unedited version of Gandhian hypocrisy. It was not Buddhism.

Buddhism preaches peace for the people as a whole but it doesn't mean you pussy out when a war against your people breaks out. This is what this JNU jholawala NCERT has been teaching Indian kids for decades.

We have similar principles to you Hindus when it comes to national administration. A king's duty is to bring peace to his people through administration and good governance. This also includes a strong self-defense policy which India should have. We should not attack first but retaliate any attack with double the brutality.

Please don't confuse suicidal nihilism that Ashoka and Gandhi preached to weaken Indians with Buddhism which actually added another beautiful color to the already rich Hindu culture of India. :)

No way!!! Ashoka's pacifism, saintliness and self-imposed guilt made him so weak that his empire collapsed.

Not in hell.

He should rule like Chandragupta Maurya. The conqueror. The bringer of justice. The leader of the people. The destroyer of those who invaded India then.
Heck yeah,all i have ever dreamed in my life is to have a man like Samrat Chandragupta Maurya to rule over the Indian Union:D.He was the greatest conqueror in the history of the Indian sub-continent and the most important thing is that he was the 1st man to unite the entire Indian sub-continent and even a sizeable portion of west and central asia including the eastern part of modern day Iran and in the north his empire extended upto the Oxus river:tup:

Dude, I am a Buddhist and I am telling you, what Ashoka preached was a more unedited version of Gandhian hypocrisy. It was not Buddhism.

Buddhism preaches peace for the people as a whole but it doesn't mean you pussy out when a war against your people breaks out. This is what this JNU jholawala NCERT has been teaching Indian kids for decades.

We have similar principles to you Hindus when it comes to national administration. A king's duty is to bring peace to his people through administration and good governance. This also includes a strong self-defense policy which India should have. We should not attack first but retaliate any attack with double the brutality.

Please don't confuse suicidal nihilism that Ashoka and Gandhi preached to weaken Indians with Buddhism which actually added another beautiful color to the already rich Hindu culture of India. :)

That explains Rajapaksa and Myanmar.

Those guys were definitely not pacifist.

Heck yeah,all i have ever dreamed in my life is to have a man like Samrat Chandragupta Maurya to rule over the Indian Union:D.He was the greatest conqueror in the history of the Indian sub-continent and the most important thing is that he was the 1st man to unite the entire Indian sub-continent and even a sizeable portion of west and central asia including the eastern part of modern day Iran and in the north his empire extended upto the Oxus river:tup:

Get ready to be trolled by resident Islamists :coffee:

1.Asoka ascended the throne after killing 99 brothers and a huge bloodbath he ordered. Thence he became a pacifist. Let us see if Butcher Modi also embraces pacifism.

If you do jihad against India, then he will be a butcher to you people. If you extend your hand for friendship, he will be your best friend.

Take it, or leave it.

2.Btw, there are already talks among RSS/VHP cadre to replace Aska's chakra on the tiranga with BJP's lotus which has religious association to the Hindus.

Prove it.

Otherwise don't make gasbags out of your madrassa thinking.

Even in the Rig Vedas it speaks about how to a fight in war that which is allowed and what is not allowed so I am sure in Buddhist teachings it also gives such accounts on the moral conduct in engaging how to fight a war.

That explains Rajapaksa and Myanmar.

Those guys were definitely not pacifist.

Get ready to be trolled by resident Islamists :coffee:
As if i care about those semi-literates;).I only wrote the truth about the Maurayan empire under the great emperor Chandragupta Maurya,so if anybody has some problem with that they can cry me a river if they want but that won't change the history anymore:coffee:

As if i care about those semi-literates;).I only wrote the truth about the Maurayan empire under the great emperor Chandragupta Maurya,so if anybody has some problem with that they can cry me a river if they want but that won't change the history anymore:coffee:

Everyone knows that the Mauryan Empire was a fiction. India's history began with the arrival of Islam.

Before, nothing happened :D

Everyone knows that the Mauryan Empire was a fiction. India's history began with the arrival of Islam.

Before, nothing happened :D
Let them believe what they want to but at the end of the day nobody can't alter the history and history teaches us that emperor Chandragupta Maurya built up the largest pan Indian empire which extended upto eastern Iran in the west,up to the oxus river in the north-west,Kashmir and Baltistan in the north and up to modern day Assam in the east:taz::nana:.

Just because u r buddhist doesn't mean as an hindu I can't talk of buddha...
AM as much buddhist as you are..

Buddha is for all.. and so is Ashoka..

Ashoka and Gandhi are source of moral high ground...

British thought they were bringing civilization to the "barbaric Asia and Africa" while in the end, gandhi humiliated them with his actions...
ONly thing Ashoka failed was having a proper successor who could match his stature... but that is not his fault... Hopefully modi finds a better person to succeed him..
while we all can Agree India doesn't need JNU bred pseudo intellectuals...
We need special leaders to take forward India ... someone like Ashoka or Gandhi who were revolutionaries in their own way that the world has never seen before..

Just because u r buddhist doesn't mean as an hindu I can't talk of buddha...
AM as much buddhist as you are..

Buddha is for all.. and so is Ashoka..

Ashoka and Gandhi are source of moral high ground...

British thought they were bringing civilization to the "barbaric Asia and Africa" while in the end, gandhi humiliated them with his actions...
ONly thing Ashoka failed was having a proper successor who could match his stature... but that is not his fault... Hopefully modi finds a better person to succeed him..

while we all can Agree India doesn't need JNU bred pseudo intellectuals...
We need special leaders to take forward India ... someone like Ashoka or Gandhi who were revolutionaries in their own way that the world has never seen before..

A king cannot be a saint because renouncing everything will mean deserting his people.

As for Gandhi or Ashoka being revolutionaries. :rofl:

Gandhi was nothing in the words of clement atlee himself who feared the actions of sepoy mutiny, naval mutiny, attack on parliament by Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru... in front of Rani Laxmibai who fought like a tigress, in front of the hundreds of heroes who died quietly without selfishly gaining light like your beloved Gandhi.

If India is weak today it is because of Gandhi mentality.

Stop worshipping him like how CBSE books train children to. Open your mind and see through their lies.

So in essence, he is asking Modi to become Buddhist?

Modi should convert to Islam and make India an Islamic state..that would be the best thing.
Kia,àp bhi na serious threads pe Kia mazak kerte ho :sarcastic:

A king cannot be a saint because renouncing everything will mean deserting his people.

Gandhi was nothing in the words of clement atlee himself who feared the actions of sepoy mutiny, naval mutiny, attack on parliament by Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru... in front of Rani Laxmibai who fought like a tigress, in front of the hundreds of heroes who died quietly without selfishly gaining light like your beloved Gandhi.

Stop worshipping him like how CBSE books train children to. Open your mind and see through their lies.

till school i was gandhi hating too... now not so as my eyes got opened :)

as far as conquerors from India is concerned Cholas beat all hands down..

Feel free to use maps

Before he became a Buddhist, he was a vicious guy who killed his own brothers for the throne. The guy had special torture chambers for his enemies. It was the scale of destruction and death his armies caused in Kalinga i.e modern day Orrisa that probably awakened his conscience.

Is same happening to Modi?

I guess you received a confidential memo from the RSS regarding this :rofl:
The confidential memo lists out other items also. Like leveling the remnant of Babri Masjid.

Yes, we have learnt lately from Indian media that Gandhi was a gandoo / lender.

Last edited:
I've also read that he renounced violence and war after he became a buddhist, is it true?
Yes when Kareena Kapoor died in Kalinga war, he renounced violence so that Katrina lives long enough to do jab tak hai jaan with him.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom