What's new

Hayat Brother going to be next COAS ?

^ i am sure there are many competent officers in PA that can fit in the role of COAS in near future!

^ i am sure there are many competent officers in PA that can fit in the role of COAS in near future!
Zubair will be the most senior so he can be next COAS when Raheel Shareef retires

LT.General Zubair Mahmood Hayat has been appointed Chief of Staff which is considered an important position for grooming next COAS.

Another Hayat brother, Omar Mahmood Hayat has been promoted to LT.GEN position and awaiting his new posting

Third Hayat brother, Maj Gen Ahmad Mahmood Hayat, is DG Analysis in ISI.

While the surprise is DG SPD has been changed in one and a half years. Gen Raheel sharif is serious in injecting SPD with new blood with early rotations instead of keeping it stagnated with one person @Oscar

Father of Hayat brothers himself was a retired LT. GEN. Got to say, in urdu This family has got some pretty amazing luck ( In kay sar-ou par Huma ka saya hai)

Army’s key posts change hands
THE NEWSPAPER'S STAFF REPORTER — PUBLISHED about 5 hours ago
WHATSAPP
1 COMMENT
PRINT
55270e2e4d158.jpg

55270e2a83ae6.jpg

Five major generals were also promoted to the rank of lieutenant general.—Courtesy: ISPR
ISLAMABAD: The army announced on Thursday a major reshuffle that brought in new chief of general staff and head of Strategic Plans Division (SPD), which controls the country’s nuclear arsenal.

The changes became necessary because of the impending retirement of four lieutenant generals. Five major generals were promoted to the rank of lieutenant general.

According to an ISPR statement, Lt Gen Zubair Mahmood Hayat has been appointed as the army’s new Chief of General Staff (CGS).

He replaces Lt Gen Ishfaq Nadeem Ahmad, who has been posted as Corps Commander II Corps based in Multan.

The CGS is assigned the operational and intelligence matters at the General Headquarters with directorates of Military Operations and Military Intelligence falling under his purview.

Before becoming the CGS, Gen Hayat was director general of SPD. At SPD, he has been replaced by Lt Gen Mazhar Jamil, who was previously the military secretary at the GHQ.

The SPD, established in 2001, serves as the secretariat of the National Command Authority (NCA) which oversees research, development, production and deployment of nuclear weapons.

In this capacity, SPD executes policies of the NCA. The director general of SPD is also the secretary of the NCA.

Gen Ishfaq has replaced Lt Gen Abid Pervez in Multan, because the latter is retiring.

Meanwhile, president of the National Defence University Lt Gen Javed Ramdhay has been posted as commander of the 31 Corps based in Bahawalpur. He replaces Lt Gen Javed Iqbal, who is retiring.

Lt Gen Anwar Ali Hyder has been appointed as president of the NDU. He was one of the five two-star major generals who have been elevated to the status of three-star generals. He was earlier posted as a director general in the army chief’s secretariat.

Others who have been promoted are Maj Gen Omar Mahmood Hayat, Maj Gen Zafar Iqbal Malik, Maj Gen Javed Mehmood Bukhari, Maj Gen Anwar Ali Hyder and Maj Gen Shahid Baig Mirza.

The generals who are retiring this month are Lt Gen Javed Iqbal, Commander of Bahawalpur Corps; Lt Gen Abid Pervez, Commander of Multan Corps; Lt Gen Muhammad Asif, Director General of Joint Staff at the Joint Staffs Headquarters, Rawalpindi; and Lt Gen Muhammad Ahsan Mahmood, Chairman of the Pakistan Ordnance Factories, Wah.

Published in Dawn, April 10th, 2015

A short biography of Gen.Zubair

Lt-Gen Zubair Hayat appointed DG SPD - thenews.com.pk

How many CGS became COAS in the past. It's not a hard and fast rule. I remember Asif Nawaz went from CGS to COAS. Any others.

Sometimes it's CGS sometimes it's DG Military Operations. Usually it's someone who has held either post in the past. Kayani was DGMO before becoming DG ISI.

It will be good for Pakistan if Gen. Sharif gets an extension, but i have a feeling he wants to set an example by not requesting one.

Whoever comes after Gen Sharif has huge boots to fill.

Cannot agree more, this man will go down as a Legend.

He has single handedly changed the psyche of the nation. I still remember the days when TTP was such a feared entity, there were many who wanted to accommodate them instead of crushing them. This man despite the odds took them head on, and crushed them. He has raised the morale of the Nation and the Armed Forces.

I sincerely take a bow infront of him and thank him for his service

Sometimes it's CGS sometimes it's DG Military Operations. Usually it's someone who has held either post in the past. Kayani was DGMO before becoming DG ISI.

It will be good for Pakistan if Gen. Sharif gets an extension, but i have a feeling he wants to set an example by not requesting one.

He will not, i am sure of that. This man is here to serve the nation, and not himself. He is a LIVING LEGEND.

COAS will retire in nov 2016, so still a lot of time to go. Secondly the five senior most people in the running for coas would be
Lt Gen Maqsood Ahmad, Military advisor at UN
Lt Gen Zubair Mahmood Hayat, CGS
Lt Gen Syed Wajid Hussain, Chairman, HIT
Lt Gen Najib Ullah Khan, DG Joint Staff
Lt Gen Ishfaq Nadeem Ahmad, Commander II Corps.

The senior most maqsood ahmed is also from FF, COAS is also from FF, so he could also be a choice. But it is still a long way to go........

Cannot agree more, this man will go down as a Legend.
He will not, i am sure of that. This man is here to serve the nation, and not himself. He is a LIVING LEGEND.

What a great legacy of his family... One brother Nishan e Naider and other is the most pouplar Army chief of Pakistan... His family is truly a blessing to Pakistan... Selfless and brave people, they are

The art of a leader is not to do everything himself but to mentor the future leaders and ensure that they have enough capability to fill the boots. Gen Raheel has been one of the most professional soldiers I have seen so far. But if his time is up, the mentel must be passed to next generation.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO
DONT REMIND ME THAT GEN RAHEEL SHAREEF IS GONNA RETIRE
he cant go, he is by far the best COAS Pakistan got
May Allah make him continue to do things for Pakistan which are better, Ameen

Lady I just saw your signature. Whilst I don't find it offensive I do feel sixth word begining with 's' is unbecoming of a lady. Anyway do please tell me what exactly did Aafia do that deserves her being called 'daughter of Pakistan?

Causing trouble to a sperpower is NOT helping Pakistan. It is helping our enemy India. Significant amount of our weapon systems come from USA including our much vaunted F-16s. You need to bear that in mind. Al can you find out who is the largest buyer of our exports? That's right USA. If they stopped buying our exports our economy would nose dive.

I expect better of people who subscribe to defence website as you would imagine they would be more aware of the international order. Looking at your example no so I am afraid.

men don't make or break nation, institutions make or break it.

A good army is what we need, not a good but powerless COAS. Raheal didn't build army, army built him. And men die, institutions don't.

What a great legacy of his family... One brother Nishan e Naider and other is the most pouplar Army chief of Pakistan... His family is truly a blessing to Pakistan... Selfless and brave people, they are
The only place RS can go from here is the CE of the nation.

Back
Top Bottom