What's new

Have PAF Missed a trick with this opportnity

no i don't trust Sweden! & really most crash videos i have seen on youtube have gripen in them.....

Last edited by a moderator:
no i don't trust Sweden! & really most crash videos i have seen on youtube have gripen in them.....
YouTube - JAS 39 Gripen crash
YouTube - A Gripen Crash
YouTube - Saab JAS39 Gripen Crash 1993

Video number 1 and 3 are of the same crash which was during an air show and the crash in video number 2 was a prototype i remember watching a documentary about this on some channel. And now if you compare this with the number of SU 27s India has crashed IAF pilots should have stopped flying altogether by now.

Video number 1 and 3 are of the same crash which was during an air show and the crash in video number 2 was a prototype i remember watching a documentary about this on some channel. And now if you compare this with the number of SU 27s India has crashed IAF pilots should have stopped flying altogether by now.

I am sure you would have a compelling reason to bring IAF in this discussion but care to share with us ....b/w attrition record in PAF is also not something to be proud off...

We asked for Gripen in late 90s and in 2004 and were denied it by none other than the Americans due to the GE engines.

Gripen is a consideration of the past for the PAF.

I am sure you would have a compelling reason to bring IAF in this discussion but care to share with us ....b/w attrition record in PAF is also not something to be proud off...

Lolz what can i say.....just couldn't help it :whistle:.......its like when you are talking to your wife and during the course of the conversation you casually bring her parents into it as an example of something which, no matter how innocent, enrages her and than you don't hear the end of it for the next 2 weeks.......

Lolz what can i say.....just couldn't help it :whistle:.......its like when you are talking to your wife and during the course of the conversation you casually bring her parents into it as an example of something which, no matter how innocent, enrages her and than you don't hear the end of it for the next 2 weeks.......

:rofl::rofl:...but the problem is when your wife will also bring in your parents....In short perfect recipe to put this thread down the gutter....

:rofl::rofl:...but the problem is when your wife will also bring in your parents....In short perfect recipe to put this thread down the gutter....

But the problem in that case is that one of the arguers is a woman. I was hoping men could take an attempt at humor less seriously..... Man i sound like such a chauvinist.......:devil:

Well i think its better not to feed a troll so i'll edit my msg..... Please carry on with the discussion

In reply to Azad

jf17 is not as good as gripen in fact its not even close.

I SUGGEST YOU COMPARE.

rcs
Sensor fusion technology
radar
avionics
chinease weapons versis western weapons
canards
supercruise

The Gripen is mid to late 4 generation fighter. Generally ranked higher than both F16/52/60 & MIRAGE2000-5

Infact its in the same tech catagory as Rafael or Typhoon.

Please wait for block II JFT, if you still want to compare it then compare it to Gripen A

Wow - just watched the Gripen crashes. I undertstand #1 and #3 are the same crash, but all three share the same thing in common - extreme pitch stability problems.

In the airshow crash, the canards commanded 100% full nose-up in an instant, obviously not asked for by the pilot since he wisely ejected immediately.

In the landing crash, it looked like a PIO - pilot-induced oscillation. It looked twitchy in pitch. Did he survive? It doesn't appear so. He could have punched out in the few seconds he was sliding along, before it wrapped up. The decision to eject needs to be kept in mind at all times.

in video 2 the pilot survived

and in video 1 and 3 which is same crash

its flown by that pilot, who survived in the first crash

yup my bad. thanks for correction cause 1st and 3rd crash has another version as-well from different angle, i was confused with another one like this.
and yes all of the gripen crashes (i have seen) are caused by malfunctioning of canards. it is missing a horizontal stabilizer on the rear.

Back
Top Bottom