What's new

Hatf-IX - Tactical Multi-Tube Ballistic Missile

How many barrels are we talking about ? One of the photographs shows 4 barrels ... IS that the system ?

It does not make strategic sense for Pakistan to raise a war above nuclear threshold by using missiles with less than 60 KM range for defence or to open a new front. Such systems give license to countries with no first use policy to fire at will. However, in a conventional war, this weapon can be used by the Army to deny enemies from having a field day. This system can be a potent system if the war between the arch rivals has already crossed the nuclear threshold. Irrespective of how many people are needed to operate, satellites are powerful to mark every vehicle camouflaged or not.

It is great to see Pakistan develop such a system in less than 10 years. Kudos if it is 100% home grown technology.
congrats :pakistan:

Well I guess pak will be using nukes in the battleground only after india enters and occupies our territory... Meanin we will be bombing our own land. Otherwise firing nukes across border will open the floodgates from both sides as someone ritly pointed out :(

Yes four tubes, can be launched in a rapid sequence too although not as quick as MRLS. Guidance is same as used in other ballistic missiles i.e. INS primary and GPS as option as GPS is not so secure in our case. This system will prove very effective against rapid enemy force concentration to such an extent that their strike corps will have to devise a modified or different strategy. Its too early to say what are the exact dimensions of HATF 9 but it is a promising system indeed.

India has a stated policy that even if Indian soldiers are nuked on foreign soil it will be taken as a nuclear attack on India.

Just one question if someone decide to nuke then will he make sure that he will nuke in his country and not the enemy one? and will he give time to counter attack of other nation?

Your statement to me look like childish one because if someone use nuke he will used it first to the enemy so that all thread will defuse and then he we lookinto domestic problem

Hi folks, i just had a confirmation on this system but first i must thank Mr. Wind Jammer for his info. This is a guided missile and not a rocket like KRL or A-100. Pakistan does have miniature nukes operational for a long time now. Range is 60 km and can be extended further. It is the reaction of Indian Doctrine Cold Start and work began on it at NESCOM in 2003-2004. Also, let me tell you all that another project is in the testing phase at NESCOM having similar dimensions, the only difference is that, it is a SAM system. Range is more than SPADA 2000 system so can be regarded MID RANGE. We will hear good news soon INSHA ALLAH. It will be called HATF-10. This is confirmed

Wah dil khush kar dia Nabil bhai. :yahoo::yahoo:

why would India be really worried about a 60 km missile, it can be brought down by ABM as well as air defence units.

And will you please tell me how much time you required for mach minimum mach 1 speed of 60 km range missile to intercept?

Just one question if someone decide to nuke then will he make sure that he will nuke in his country and not the enemy one? and will he give time to counter attack of other nation?

Your statement to me look like childish one because if someone use nuke he will used it first to the enemy so that all thread will defuse and then he we lookinto domestic problem

Hes talking about Invading Indian Army present within the borders of Pakistan...it will have collateral damage,of course...but in an area like Thar,it would be acceptable...

And will you please tell me how much time you required for mach minimum mach 1 speed of 60 km range missile to intercept?

Quick reaction, short range ABMs will be fit for for this job. That's why India went for Arrow. :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom