What's new

Hatf-IX - Tactical Multi-Tube Ballistic Missile

Pakistan test fires nuclear-capable missile:

Islamabad, Tuesday, April 19, 2011: Pakistan's military on Tuesday said it had successfully test-fired a newly developed short-range ballistic missile capable of carrying nuclear warheads.

The military said in a statement that the Hatf-IX Missile with a range of 60 kilometres (40 miles) "could carry Nuclear Warheads of appropriate yields with high accuracy".

"The missile has been developed to add deterrence value to Pakistan's strategic weapons development programme at shorter ranges," it said, adding that "this quick response system addresses the need to deter evolving threats".

South Asian rivals India and Pakistan -- which have fought three wars, two of them over the disputed Himalayan territory of Kashmir -- have routinely carried out missile tests since both demonstrated nuclear weapons capability in 1998.

Pakistan's arsenal includes short-range, medium and long-range missiles named after Muslim conquerors.

Pakistan carried out nuclear weapons tests in May 1998, following similar tests by India.

The neighbours were on the brink of a nuclear conflict in 2002 over tensions about disputed Kashmir, but began a slow-moving peace dialogue in 2004, which resumed in March after three years of suspension following November 2008 Mumbai attacks.
AFP

Suffice to say the new system could be deployed in the same profile as say the patriot, albeit with completely different roles.

Patriot.jpg

I don't see what all the fuss is about.

It's a short-range ballistic missile with two-barrels, i.e. one transporter-erector-launcher (TEL) can launch two missiles. The missile can carry a sub-kilotonne nuclear warhead for battefield use. It's "shoot and scoot" - meaning you launch and run. The warhead is not big enough to kill people in the launch area but it will destroy, let's say, an Indian Army armoured div attack concentration in Cholistan or Thar.

Nasr ruins the Indian Cold Start Doctrine as it can be used against Indian Army concentrations gearing up to attack near the border.

Could also be used from within Pakistani territory to destroy Indian air bases such as Pathankot, which comes within its range.

At last some official about the missile
Pak successfully conducted first flight test of short range surface to surface missile:

Islamabad - Tuesday, April 19, 2011: Pakistan, Tuesday successfully conducted the first flight test of the newly developed short range surface to surface Multi Tube Ballistic Missile.

According to ISPR sources, it has been developed to add deterrence value to Pakistan’s Strategic Weapons Development Programme at shorter ranges.

The Multi Tube Ballistic Missile, NASR, with a Range of 60 km, carries nuclear warheads of appropriate yield with high accuracy.

This quick response system addresses the need to deter evolving threats, the sources said.

APP

Press Release
PakArmedForces.png

No PR94/2011-ISPR Dated: April 19, 2011

Rawalpindi - April 19, 2011:

Pakistan today successfully conducted the 1st flight test of the newly developed Short Range Surface to Surface Multi Tube Ballistic Missile Hatf IX (NASR). The missile has been developed to add deterrence value to Pakistan’s Strategic Weapons Development programme at shorter ranges. NASR, with a range of 60 km, carries nuclear warheads of appropriate yield with high accuracy, shoot and scoot attributes. This quick response system addresses the need to deter evolving threats.

The test was witnessed by Director General Strategic Plans Division, Lieutenant General (Retired) Khalid Ahmed Kidwai, Chairman NESCOM Mr Irfan Burney, senior officers from the strategic forces, scientists and engineers of strategic organizations.

On this occasion, the Director General Strategic Plans Division, Lieutenant General (Retired) Khalid Ahmed Kidwai said that the test was a very important milestone in consolidating Pakistan’s strategic deterrence capability at all levels of the threat spectrum. He said in that hierarchy of military operations, the NASR Weapon System now provides Pakistan with short range missile capability in addition to the already available medium and long range ballistic missiles and cruise missiles in its inventory.

The successful test has also been warmly appreciated by the President and Prime Minister of Pakistan, who have congratulated the scientists and engineers on their outstanding success.

----------------------------------------------------

Pakistan successfully conducted the 1st flight test of the newly developed Short Range Surface to Surface Multi Tube Ballistic Missile Hatf IX (NASR) on Tuesday. (19-4-2011) - Photo ISPR

Thanks Sir, That is answer to one of my put question.

If NASR can be launched by few men, I am sure it would become a lore more deadly than it is in the form of multi-barrel rocket launcher. You can spot a multi-barel rocket launcher Via Satellites or UAVs.. but who's going to spot 4 men with a missile and all this capable to launch a nuclear attack. Thats small but a very powerful concept indeed!

If NASR can be launched by few men, I am sure it would become a lore more deadly than it is in the form of multi-barrel rocket launcher. You can spot a multi-barel rocket launcher Via Satellites or UAVs.. but who's going to spot 4 men with a cruise missile and all this capable to launch a nuclear attack. Thats small but a very powerful concept indeed!

No,no NASR needs a vehicle,and same security protocols will be followed i think...and who tells you that it is a cruise missile???

If NASR can be launched by few men, I am sure it would become a lore more deadly than it is in the form of multi-barrel rocket launcher. You can spot a multi-barel rocket launcher Via Satellites or UAVs.. but who's going to spot 4 men with a missile and all this capable to launch a nuclear attack. Thats small but a very powerful concept indeed!

4 men standing on the ground- cannot fire g2g missile- for g2a its ok as you can see and lock on to the target-

Hi folks, i just had a confirmation on this system but first i must thank Mr. Wind Jammer for his info. This is a guided missile and not a rocket like KRL or A-100. Pakistan does have miniature nukes operational for a long time now. Range is 60 km and can be extended further. It is the reaction of Indian Doctrine Cold Start and work began on it at NESCOM in 2003-2004. Also, let me tell you all that another project is in the testing phase at NESCOM having similar dimensions, the only difference is that, it is a SAM system. Range is more than SPADA 2000 system so can be regarded MID RANGE. We will hear good news soon INSHA ALLAH. It will be called HATF-10. This is confirmed

Hi folks, i just had a confirmation on this system but first i must thank Mr. Wind Jammer for his info. This is a guided missile and not a rocket like KRL or A-100. Pakistan does have miniature nukes operational for a long time now. Range is 60 km and can be extended further. It is the reaction of Indian Doctrine Cold Start and work began on it at NESCOM in 2003-2004. Also, let me tell you all that another project is in the testing phase at NESCOM having similar dimensions, the only difference is that, it is a SAM system. Range is more than SPADA 2000 system so can be regarded MID RANGE. We will hear good news soon INSHA ALLAH. It will be called HATF-10. This is confirmed

Sir I salute you for providing this news. Dil ko garam kar diya hey. WAH

Back
Top Bottom