What's new

Hatf IX Nasr Missile Tested by Pakistan

Good! But you could have at least provided some details! I'll do that for you...

Hatf-IX-Nasr.jpg

The name "Nasr" is an Arabic word meaning "Victory". (Why give Arabic names is a mystery!!
thinking-002.gif
)

Developed by Pakistan's National Development Complex (NDC), the Hatf IX Nasr has a range of 60 km and is carried by the an 8x8 high mobility transporter erector launcher (TEL) as the Pakistan Army's AR-1A / A-100E 300mm Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS).

The Hatf IX was developed to add deterrence value at shorter ranges with high accuracy and shoot and scoot capability. The system appears to have been developed as a low-yield battlefield deterrent targeted at mechanized forces like armed brigades and divisions. The system is probably to respond to India's so called "Cold Start Doctrine".

Cheers!

Pakistan test fires Hatf IX (NASR)

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan on Tuesday successfully conducted the test fire of indigenously developed Short Range Surface to Surface Multi Tube Missile Hatf IX (NASR).

NASR, with a range of 60 km, can carry nuclear warheads of appropriate yield, with high accuracy, and possesses shoot & scoot attributes. This quick response system addresses the need to deter evolving threats, especially at shorter ranges.

The test was witnessed by Director General Strategic Plans Division Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R), Chairman NESCOM Mr Irfan Burney, Commander Army Strategic Forces Command, Lieutenant General Tariq Nadeem Gilani, Senior Officers from the Strategic forces and scientists and engineers of strategic organizations.

The Director General Strategic Plans Division, Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R), terming the NASR Missile as a weapon of peace, said that the test was a major development which will consolidate Pakistan’s deterrence capability at all levels of the threat spectrum, thereby ensuring peace in the region.

The successful test has also been warmly appreciated by the President, Prime Minister of Pakistan and Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, who have congratulated the scientists and engineers on their outstanding success.

Pakistan test fires Hatf IX (NASR) - thenews.com.pk
But the range was supposed to be 180 KM but the are reporting 60 KM why is that ?

No Change in the Range . That was unexpected.

Guys I have a question - When we test long range missiles the missile initially have a very low speed and then eventually after like 10-20 seconds the missile starts accelerating but NASR has a very very high initial velocity/speed during launch..is it because of the short range?

Guys I have a question - When we test long range missiles the missile initially have a very low speed and then eventually after like 10-20 seconds the missile starts accelerating but NASR has a very very high initial velocity/speed during launch..is it because of the short range?

i think because of light weight and advanced engine :D

Press Release
No PR130/2012-ISPR Dated: May 29, 2012
Rawalpindi - May 29, 2012:

Pakistan today successfully conducted the test fire of indigenously developed Short Range Surface to Surface Multi Tube Missile Hatf IX (NASR). NASR, with a range of 60 km, can carry nuclear warheads of appropriate yield, with high accuracy, and possesses shoot & scoot attributes. This quick response system addresses the need to deter evolving threats, specially at shorter ranges.
The test was witnessed by Director General Strategic Plans Division Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R), Chairman NESCOM Mr Irfan Burney, Commander Army Strategic Forces Command, Lieutenant General Tariq Nadeem Gilani, Senior Officers from the Strategic forces and scientists and engineers of strategic organizations.
The Director General Strategic Plans Division, Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R), terming the NASR Missile as a weapon of peace, said that the test was a major development which will consolidate Pakistan’s deterrence capability at all levels of the threat spectrum, thereby ensuring peace in the region.
The successful test has also been warmly appreciated by the President, Prime Minister of Pakistan and Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, who have congratulated the scientists and engineers on their outstanding success.

:: ISPR :: Inter Services Public Relations - PAKISTAN

i think because of light weight and advanced engine :D

Press Release
No PR130/2012-ISPR Dated: May 29, 2012
Rawalpindi - May 29, 2012:

Pakistan today successfully conducted the test fire of indigenously developed Short Range Surface to Surface Multi Tube Missile Hatf IX (NASR). NASR, with a range of 60 km, can carry nuclear warheads of appropriate yield, with high accuracy, and possesses shoot & scoot attributes. This quick response system addresses the need to deter evolving threats, specially at shorter ranges.

:: ISPR :: Inter Services Public Relations - PAKISTAN
The Range was supposed to be 180 KM as reported earlier but what happened or Pakistan never actually increased the range of NASR Missile

The Range was supposed to be 180 KM as reported earlier but what happened or Pakistan never actually increased the range of NASR Missile

dear sir its mean they test same version in this test .but if news was true then they may working on it or not yet tested it .or may be they rename it that with nasr-1 and test letter.

As awesome as it sound. What is the military trying to prove by testing misiles week after weeks? I'm a patriot and it gives me that ego boost whenever I read stuff like that but to be quite honest, it looks like the military leadership is not trying to address the problem which is sinking Pakistan in to deeper trouble everyday.

There are government leadership issues, drone strikes, there is ethnic voilence and there is TTP terrorism in Fata. What we have in our inventory is MORE THAN ENOUGH to deter India. It just does not makes sense that the military leadership is getting ganged banged by US presure on aid, supple routes and the Dr Traitor issue but instead of General Kiyani talking about/addressing the important issues, we test missiles after another. Great!

Why should the military be responsible for that?

Like what are they going to do about ethnic violence?

They are doing operations in FATA.

The aid, traitor, and supply issues are supposed to be negotiated by the government, its their job to play diplomacy.

Why should the military be responsible for that?

The things you have mentioned above are supposed to be issues that need to be addressed by the government and the government needs to give solutions for that

Like I said; as much as I love Pak Fauj but the generals are 110% responsible for atleast some of the sufferings of Pakistani People although I agree with you that government is to take most of the blame but consider this fact
(1) USA is humiliating Pakistan by doing drone strikes 6 days in a row and just to make Pakistan look bad cuz Pakistan did not open the routes yet and there is not one single statement by Kiyani yet.
(2) Drone strikes are by permission of the army leadership, not so much to do with government

Like I said; as much as I love Pak Fauj but the generals are 110% responsible for atleast some of the sufferings of Pakistani People although I agree with you that government is to take most of the blame but consider this fact
(1) USA is humiliating Pakistan by doing drone strikes 6 days in a row and just to make Pakistan look bad cuz Pakistan did not open the routes yet and there is not one single statement by Kiyani yet.
(2) Drone strikes are by permission of the army leadership, not so much to do with government

Actually drone strikes are by permission of the government. Remember in a "democracy" the government is supreme over the army.

Yeah I am wondering along with Zarvan they said it would have increased range..

Btw without increased range this babe is useless, because any indian missile can take out NASR launchpad (it will be close to the border)

Fellows,
what is the main difference between this one and, same we conduct last time ?

Back
Top Bottom