What's new

Hatf IX Nasr Missile Tested by Pakistan

Then make your Generals understand don't try to PULL CSD on Pakistan.
any link where our general said about CSD on Pakistan even our chief denied such things existence its just another BS u guys are feed of to being scared of India attacking Pakistan.
even by history its a well known fact acknowledged by many that Pakistan started all wars. n in future too expectations of doing misadventure is from Pakistan only.

Oh Hindi shut & sit down. When ever Pakistan tests Missiles India is shitting out of their dippers.

Let's wait & see it is about to be tested in few days.

What i don't get is how can a tactical nuI<e penetrate enemy Tank armor? Aren't indian tanks built to withstand NBC attacks?

What i don't get is how can a tactical nuI<e penetrate enemy Tank armor? Aren't indian tanks built to withstand NBC attacks?

I highly doubt any tank or vehicle can withstand a direct nuclear strike, however NBC protected tanks may be able to operate in an area which has high radiation or presence of chemical or biological agents in the field. Perhaps some other member can shed more light on the issue. !!

I highly doubt any tank or vehicle can withstand a direct nuclear strike, however NBC protected tanks may be able to operate in an area which has high radiation or presence of chemical or biological agents in the field. Perhaps some other member can shed more light on the issue. !!
I doubt a tank/armored vehicle would survive a 'direct strike', but keep in mind that these vehicles will be in motion and will likely be significant in number. The 'blast radius' of a sub-kiloton weapon is not going to be large enough to put a major dent in the mechanized formations being targeted, and I would question the utility of even targeting ground troops with it, on Pakistani soil, when similar damage could be inflicted with certain conventional warheads (Air Blast Bombs, artillery (Towed, SP and MBRL's) without the corresponding long term radiation affects and chances of an Indian nuclear escalation.

I would still argue that the most significant advantage of a system like the NASR lies in utilizing its range, mobility and warhead accuracy and size to attack static Indian military infrastructure targets with conventional warheads. I would therefore argue in favor of shifting research and funding away from 'sub-kiloton nukes' to developing more potent conventional warheads. If the NASR can deliver a 200kg+ warhead to a target 60km to 180km away, and the manufacturing the system in significant numbers is cost effective, then it could play a good supporting role in tandem with Pakistan's artillery systems.

missile will be test fired from the west side of the border (Pakistan) but all the fuss would be on the other side of the border (India) like always :laugh:

well lets see if it will happen after all no need to hit a ten pager when the missile hasnt even fired yet but its range is nearly tripled with what looks like not much changes in the body and thats good as better accuracy with longer range can create a very good dent in the enemy formations

Pakistan successfully test fired nuclear capable Hatf IX Nasr missile, a short range surface-to-surface multi tube missile. - AFP

:pakistan:

Pakistan test fires Hatf IX (NASR)

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan on Tuesday successfully conducted the test fire of indigenously developed Short Range Surface to Surface Multi Tube Missile Hatf IX (NASR).

NASR, with a range of 60 km, can carry nuclear warheads of appropriate yield, with high accuracy, and possesses shoot & scoot attributes. This quick response system addresses the need to deter evolving threats, especially at shorter ranges.

The test was witnessed by Director General Strategic Plans Division Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R), Chairman NESCOM Mr Irfan Burney, Commander Army Strategic Forces Command, Lieutenant General Tariq Nadeem Gilani, Senior Officers from the Strategic forces and scientists and engineers of strategic organizations.

The Director General Strategic Plans Division, Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R), terming the NASR Missile as a weapon of peace, said that the test was a major development which will consolidate Pakistan&#8217;s deterrence capability at all levels of the threat spectrum, thereby ensuring peace in the region.

The successful test has also been warmly appreciated by the President, Prime Minister of Pakistan and Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, who have congratulated the scientists and engineers on their outstanding success.

Pakistan test fires Hatf IX (NASR) - thenews.com.pk

Tactical nuclear weapons like these are major threat to India.

As awesome as it sound. What is the military trying to prove by testing misiles week after weeks? I'm a patriot and it gives me that ego boost whenever I read stuff like that but to be quite honest, it looks like the military leadership is not trying to address the problem which is sinking Pakistan in to deeper trouble everyday.

There are government leadership issues, drone strikes, there is ethnic voilence and there is TTP terrorism in Fata. What we have in our inventory is MORE THAN ENOUGH to deter India. It just does not makes sense that the military leadership is getting ganged banged by US presure on aid, supple routes and the Dr Traitor issue but instead of General Kiyani talking about/addressing the important issues, we test missiles after another. Great!

Back
Top Bottom