What's new

Haryana discovery that promises to challenge our ancient history

@anonymus @levina @SarthakGanguly @IndoCarib @Bang Galore @Viny @Mike_Brando @JanjaWeed @thesolar65

Saraswati no more a myth, water strikes at 7-feet depth
It was a joyous moment for the team working on reviving the Saraswati River in Yamunanagar district as they found strong water current on reaching a depth of seven-feet today.

This has raised hopes for the entire project, which was receiving criticism from various planks who termed it an RSS ambition.

Assembly Speaker Kanwar Pal Gurjar had inaugurated the excavation work of ‘Saraswati Revival Project’ at Rullaheri village in Yamunanagar district on April 21.

After inauguration, the District Development and Panchayat Department had undertaken digging work in two-and-a-half-km area. Water struck at nine points when the creek of river was being dug at Mughalwali village on Tuesday.

“The water is potable, fresh in taste and sweet,” said Deputy Commissioner SS Phulia, after a visit to the Mughalwali village.

The delighted people of the village offered prayers to Goddess Saraswati and distributed sweets amongst themselves and workers involved in the digging work.

District Development and Panchayat Officer Gagandeep Singh, who is coordinating the Saraswati Revival Project, said the river length in Yamunanagar district would be 55 km.

Earlier, plan was to dig the river till seven feet deep. However, now, they were planning to dig it till 10 feet deep for good natural flow of water. The river would pass through 43 villages of the district.

Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has already announced Rs 50 crore for this project.

The credit to bring the Saraswati River on ground goes to 88-year-old RSS veteran Darshan Lal Jain. He had formed Saraswati Nidi Sodh Sansthan in 1999 and since then, has been struggling for its revival.

“Some people thought it to be a mythological fantasy but water found at 7-feet -deep in its creek has proved that the Saraswati River is flowing below the earth,” said Darshan Lal Jain.

The river originates from Adi Badri in Yamunanagar. It is believed that the river passes underground through Kurukshetra, Jind, Hisar, Fatehabad and Sirsa districts before entering Rajasthan and Gujrat.

The DC said the project would prove to be a milestone in the development of this area as it would promote eco-tourism, pilgrimage tourism, water conservation and improve ecological balance.

Pakistanis were faster to locate Saraswati's underground water and reap its benefits.

This must be the zillionth time I'm postingthese videos of Saraswati's proof and the reason why we need to locate it (and religion is definitely not the reason).
1) Proof:
IndiaOlogy - Proof that Saraswati River Existed | Facebook

2) How Pakistani farmers have benefited from Saraswati's (underground) water.
IndiaOlogy - Saraswati the lost river- Part 2 | Facebook

But sir @Atanz still believes I'm fueling a propaganda. Lol

Last edited:
@anonymus @levina @SarthakGanguly @IndoCarib @Bang Galore @Viny @Mike_Brando @JanjaWeed @thesolar65

It was a joyous moment for the team working on reviving the Saraswati River in Yamunanagar district as they found strong water current on reaching a depth of seven-feet today.

This has raised hopes for the entire project, which was receiving criticism from various planks who termed it an RSS ambition.

Assembly Speaker Kanwar Pal Gurjar had inaugurated the excavation work of ‘Saraswati Revival Project’ at Rullaheri village in Yamunanagar district on April 21.

After inauguration, the District Development and Panchayat Department had undertaken digging work in two-and-a-half-km area. Water struck at nine points when the creek of river was being dug at Mughalwali village on Tuesday.

“The water is potable, fresh in taste and sweet,” said Deputy Commissioner SS Phulia, after a visit to the Mughalwali village.

The delighted people of the village offered prayers to Goddess Saraswati and distributed sweets amongst themselves and workers involved in the digging work.

District Development and Panchayat Officer Gagandeep Singh, who is coordinating the Saraswati Revival Project, said the river length in Yamunanagar district would be 55 km.

Earlier, plan was to dig the river till seven feet deep. However, now, they were planning to dig it till 10 feet deep for good natural flow of water. The river would pass through 43 villages of the district.

Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has already announced Rs 50 crore for this project.

The credit to bring the Saraswati River on ground goes to 88-year-old RSS veteran Darshan Lal Jain. He had formed Saraswati Nidi Sodh Sansthan in 1999 and since then, has been struggling for its revival.

“Some people thought it to be a mythological fantasy but water found at 7-feet -deep in its creek has proved that the Saraswati River is flowing below the earth,” said Darshan Lal Jain.

The river originates from Adi Badri in Yamunanagar. It is believed that the river passes underground through Kurukshetra, Jind, Hisar, Fatehabad and Sirsa districts before entering Rajasthan and Gujrat.

The DC said the project would prove to be a milestone in the development of this area as it would promote eco-tourism, pilgrimage tourism, water conservation and improve ecological balance.

AMAZING :smokin: :tup:

Communal RSS again proves it worth. Its a Fantastic discovery. To find Swaraswati River is Unbelievable !!!!!!!

.............too bad it took 65 years and a BJP Government to try and discover it. .

2015_5$largeimg06_May_2015_002233507.jpg

saraswati-river-554900cb63c88_exlst.jpg

Last edited:
Pakistanis were faster to locate Saraswati's underground water and reap its benefits.

This must be the zillionth time I'm postingthese videos of Saraswati's proof and the reason why we need to locate it (and religion is definitely not the reason).
1) Proof:
2) How Pakistani farmers have benefited from Saraswati's (underground water).

AMAZING :smokin: :tup:

Communal RSS again proves it worth. Its a Fantastic discovery. To find Swaraswati River is Unbelievable !!!!!!!

.............too bad it took 65 years and a BJP Government to try and discover it. .

2015_5$largeimg06_May_2015_002233507.jpg

Geologist finds merit in Yamunanagar admn’s ‘Saraswati found’ claim

“Contrary to initial assumptions, the water found at various spots firmly hints at the presence of a paleo channel. Initial study of water and sediments at these sites hints them being distinct from the locally available water and minerals,” Chaudhri told HT,

“It has also been confirmed that no other source of water crosses below the sites from where sweet water has come out. It indicates that an old water channel or river used to flow from here,”

Geologist finds merit in Yamunanagar admn’s ‘Saraswati found’ claim

“Contrary to initial assumptions, the water found at various spots firmly hints at the presence of a paleo channel. Initial study of water and sediments at these sites hints them being distinct from the locally available water and minerals,” Chaudhri told HT,

“It has also been confirmed that no other source of water crosses below the sites from where sweet water has come out. It indicates that an old water channel or river used to flow from here,”
Belated happy b'day!!!
So what if I'm almost a month late. :ashamed:

It's a known fact to all of us that the Saraswati river as mentioned in the Rig Veda by our ancestors was never a mythical river.It was always a real one,a river that got dried up during the course of history.So it may be a surprise for the western archeologists to find it real but most of us(I mean Sanatan Dharmics) have always known this truth since antiquity:coffee:.

Please don't tag a mythical river to the great Indus Valley civilisation, it's pakistans heritage, we are not your fathers, your ancestors are from gangetic bowl civilisation.
Believe me mate,no one gives a flying fcuk to what you think:lol:!!So please try to keep your "valuable" opinion to yourself.

The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) had already conducted excavations under Saraswati Project since 2003 at following sites:

(i) Adibadri, District-Yamuna Nagar, Haryana

(ii) Thanesar, District Kurukshetra, Haryana

(iii) Bhirana, District- Fatehbad, Haryana

(iv) Hansi, District- Hissar, Haryana

(v) Baror, District- Ganganagar ,Rajasthan

(vi) Tarkhanwala Dera, District- Ganganagar, Rajasthan

(vii) Chak 86, District- Ganganagar,Rajasthan

(viii) Karanpura,District- Hanumangarh Rajasthan

(ix) Junikaran, District- Kachchha,Gujarat

(x) Khirsara, District- Kachchha, Gujarat.

However, several studies including explorations and excavations have been carried out both by the Government and non-governmental organizations along the palaeochannel, represented today by the Ghaggar river in Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan and Gujarat. Some researchers have ascribed this palaeochannel to the Saraswati river mentioned in ancient Indian literature.

The excavation work at the ancient mounds of Binjore, District Ganganagar, Rajasthan during the field season 2014-1015 is in progress.

An expenditure of Rs. 27.00 lakh has been incurred for excavation at the ancient mounds of Binjore, District Ganganager (Rajasthan) up to March 2015.

This information was given by the Union Minister of State for Culture (Independent Charge), Tourism (Independent Charge), and Civil Aviation, Dr. Mahesh Sharma in a written reply to an unstarred question to the Lok Sabha.

Source: Excavation in search of Saraswati River

Detailed evaluation of data obtained from remote sensing, geophysical, isotopic and other studies by various workers have been instrumental in sorting out many of the earlier speculative inferences and unsolved aspects of Saraswati river. Yash Pal have traced the palaeochannel of this river through Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan. They found that its course in these States is clearly highlighted in the LANDSAT imagery by the lush cover of vegetation thriving on the rich residual loamy soil along its earlier course. According to their findings, the river disappears abruptly in a depression in Pakistan, instead of in the sea, an observation shared by a few others also. But, digital enhancement studies of satellite IRS-1C data launched in 1995, combined with RADAR imagery (from European Remote Sensing satellite ERS-1/2) could identify subsurface features and thus recognize palaeochannels beneath the sands of Thar Desert. These channels are seen to extend upto Fort Abbas and Marot in Pakistan and appear in a line with present dry bed of Ghaggar . This river continues as Nara River in Sindh region and opens into the Rann of Kutch. Another study of satellite derived data has revealed no palaeochannel link between Indus and Saraswati confirming that the two were independent rivers; also, the three palaeochannels, south of Ambala, seen to swerve westwards to join the ancient bed of Ghaggar, are inferred to be tributaries of Saraswati/ Ghaggar, and one among them, probably Drishadvati. The latter disappeared along with Saraswati due to shifts of its feeder streams from Siwalik and Aravalli ranges as well as due to the onset of desertification of Rajasthan

Geophysical surveys carried out by the Geological Survey of India to assess groundwater potential in Bikaner, Ganganagar and Jaisalmer districts in western Rajasthan desert areas have brought out several zones of fresh and less saline water in the form of arcuate shaped aquifers similar to several palaeochannels elsewhere in the State. That these subsurface palaeochannels belong to ancient rivers has been confirmed through studies37 on hydrogen, oxygen and carbon isotopes (d2H, d18O, 14C) on shallow and deep groundwater samples from these districts. The isotopic work has also indicated that there is no direct headwater connection or recharge to this groundwater from present day Himalayas. Though the antiquity of these waters and probable links to ancient rivers are thus established, the subsurface palaeochannel route beneath the desert sands obtained from hydrogeological investigations, however, differs from that derived through satellite based studies

Source: Saraswati – the ancient river lost in the desert

1) Proof:

2) How Pakistani farmers have benefited from Saraswati's (underground) water.

I tell you what I will believe anything you say - even believe that ancient Dholavarian's built underground tunnels and hid the Saraswati as long as you stop address me as 'sir'.

It makes me feel old. It annoys me. I should have kept my age a secret. Maybe time for me to take break from this forum and come back incognito. I know fact quite few Indian's here would celebrate my departure. Sometimes honesty is the best policy.

I need to finish off Pak history forum. If you feel like helping me out let me know .... only joking.

See you around .....

I tell you what I will believe anything you say - even believe that ancient Dholavarian's built underground tunnels and hid the Saraswati as long as you stop address me as 'sir'.
Deal?

It makes me feel old. It annoys me. I should have kept my age a secret.
I'm sorry. I genuinely called you sir the first time I came across your post on the forum. Being born and brought up in an Army family, calling sir comes easy to me(in army some of the kids address their father as sir lol).
But it was not my intention to take a dig at your age.
Not my style! I don't make personal attacks.
I've seen you post your kid's pics on this forum, and if we were on better terms I would 've advised you against it, because on this forum ppl love to split and slice others (and such behaviour gets encouraged too).

Maybe time for me to take break from this forum and come back incognito. I know fact quite few Indian's here would celebrate my departure. Sometimes honesty is the best policy.
As long as you're using your knowledge to bring peace and harmony between the two countries, you've my support.

I need to finish off Pak history forum. If you feel like helping me out let me know .... only joking.
I would genuinely like to help you. And I'm not joking. ...lol

See you around .....
I wish I could douse that fire of hatred that keeps burning inside you. I wish!

I know this is off-topic!!

Last edited:
And you know I am not going to accept all this hype. This is more Horseplay at Harappa * HORSEPLAY IN HARAPPA

And read this by a Indian * Myth of the lost river Saraswati.... We should not let myth and history conflate.

I am more partial to the view the pre Indus cultures nurtured in the region of West Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan and Turkemistan. From there as they matured they took root in the Indus basin in Pakistan. Thus I am confident Indus civilization is central to Ancient Pakistan as Nile was to Ancient Eygpt. Just like Nile civilization spread and had branches sprouting in the nether regions in the same manner you will find IVC sites in adjacent areas of India. Please tell me don't you notice all the Indian IVC sites are just either near the border or in it's shadow.

Now to the howling I get when I say 'Ancient Pakistan'. You see the truth is no country existed in antiquity. Iran, afghanistan, Pakistan or India. Even the names of geographic regions evolved much later. Therefore whatever name you chose to give will be in fact be "retro fitting". I chose to call the Indus Basin Ancient Pakistan. If we in Pakistan use it over time this will oversocome the latent inertia that has built up over last 200 years.

Much as you changed the name of Bombay slowly everybody now call's it Mumbai. How irritating would be to getmorons reminding you that it was not so before 1985. Clearly there was. We all were. History is a continuum. Indus Basin has been around for a while - that is historical Pakistan region or to use the proper term "coterminus".

I don't particularly want to get stuck here so ... I will seek refuge in Pak History or maybe chill in 1980s music where I can pretend I am still 20 year old.

Adios !

Anyway Levina I have to go now to make a living. As regards pictures nobody can hurt me. See you later okay. Maybe I might pick up on your offer for the history section.

Crazy idea but sometimes crazy ideas can work ....

and just as to let you know I know I say crass things but trust me I don't mean them. That is just me at lowest denominator mode maybe because I had bad day or am tired. Virtuel world and real world are differant. I am a socialist, as a principle I am against all discrimination, race, gender, sexuel orientation, religion and all the rest.

I just say things when in denominator mode because I know what get's to people in Europe, in South Asia or Far East .... ha ha ha

Promise your going to be excluded from my outbursts ...

Last edited:

How many 'myths' will be proved as fact? Good discovery.

They mock all RSS ideas and ambitions, only to be stumped by scientific facts. This is one case, the other recent one being Gadkari's urine treatment of plants

Back
Top Bottom