What's new

Harbhajan Singh regrets donation appeal for Shahid Afridi’s foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never analyzed the politics of the situation. That's another paradigm which I deliberately didn't go into. That's one of my points here: not everything is necessarily politics.
Incidences like these are a great boost for Modi's popularity in India, though it is by default and unintended on Afridi's part.

Afridi and others use Modi's name to get highlighted in Indian news. Ideally Afridi could have raised Kashmir issue without naming Modi. But these antics are lapped by media on both sides of the border. Indians have no choice but to show, a small fry like Afridi his place, by defending their PM

Modi has a habit of not naming the person in his speeches whom he hates. IK seems to be on that list after his tweet about Modi. But IK has kept on gunning for him which Modi has completely ignored till now. Now other Pakistani politicians and celebrities are using Modi's name to be in the news. This is giving Indian media a chance to defend Modi who was earlier being criticized and was under great pressure for eruption of riots after passing of citizenship amendment act.

So Pakistanis are doing a great service to Modi by making him more popular which the may not be their intention.

I am sure Tendulkar or Mohamed Azharuddin wouldn't behave in this manner. I think Harbhajan is of inferior breeding stock. It shows in his foul mouthed behaviour.

That being said, my knowledge of cricket has been patchy for more than a decade.
no need to make racist comment on race over an individuals act

no need to make racist comment on race over an individuals act

This was not a racist comment. You need to read the overall context, it was fair criticism of a player's unsportsmanlike behavior. I didn't really mean he was of inferior stock, but he certainly behaved in an ungracious manner. That was the whole point. This is sarcasm, nothing more.

If Defence.pk moderators are going to act so cautious every single time, then I am afraid I will need to stop commenting here. This isn't a TV media debate.

While I am in favour of no personal attacks of other users, I have quite a bit of problem with political correctness.

This was not a racist comment. You need to read the overall context, it was fair criticism of a player's unsportsmanlike behavior. I didn't really mean he was of inferior stock, but he certainly behaved in an ungracious manner. That was the whole point. This is sarcasm, nothing more.

If Defence.pk moderators are going to act so cautious every single time, then I am afraid I will need to stop commenting here. This isn't a TV media debate.

While I am in favour of no personal attacks of other users, I have quite a bit of problem with political correctness.
it is racist
because people from same faith have spoken in favour and support of Pakistan. e.g. Sidhu

just look at similar topics in the bottom.

it is racist
because people from same faith have spoken in favour and support of Pakistan. e.g. Sidhu

just look at similar topics in the bottom.

No, a racist is someone who generalizes ALL people of a community as belonging to a certain stereotype.

Calling out a sportsman for unsportsmanlike behaviour is not racist. I can even prove it in a court of law (I deal with lawyers all the time).

Only Harbhajan has the right to sue me on this. I never said his actions is representative of all Sikhs. That would certainly be racist.

My points were only targeted at one individual, a public personality and I consider it fair criticism. Let us agree to disagree.

No, a racist is someone who generalizes ALL people of a community as belonging to a certain stereotype.

Calling out a sportsman for unsportsmanlike behaviour is not racist. I can even prove it in a court of law (I deal with lawyers all the time).

Only Harbhajan has the right to sue me on this.

My points were fair criticism. Let us agree to disagree.
میرا بھائی ضد نہ کر
تو نے اسے کم زات کہا ہے۔

اب جانے دے

وہ بندہ تیرے میرے قبل نہیں کہ ہم اس پر وقت

ضائع کریں

میرا بھائی ضد نہ کر
تو نے اسے کم زات کہا ہے۔

اب جانے دے

وہ بندہ تیرے میرے قبل نہیں کہ ہم اس پر وقت

ضائع کریں

مجھے یہ شکس " ھربھجن سنگھ " بالکل پسند نہیں ہے ، میں آپ سے اتفاق رکھتا ہوں .

Didnt expect this from you brother...I had respect for you...but with this comment you proved you are no different to a cheap troll who loses control over his words when provoked.
Same thing happened with @waz after india revoked article 35A...he used to be someone who had a calm temper and balance in his words and thoughts..but ever since india revoked that article he changed completely.
You may justify your behaviour with the happenings in india or the way indians are behaving...but we have to set high sfandards for ourselves..to have respect for ourselves in our own eyes...I know I come as a troll...but trolls like me also sometimes get impressed with the way people like you act even when the things are hot...moreover as a moderator you have that extra responsibility on your shoulders to set that standard.
I know today you got carried away ...I hope this is just that one off occasion when you lost cool and i believe you wont repeat such things in future.

lmfao this bharti sounds like yuvraj.

Never again. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I don't mind either of them having beef with Afridi. It's their personal matter, and I have no dog in this fight.

My point is only a thankless person will diss a charity effort.

I should say yes. After getting the ire and standing by Afridi after all the trolling Bhajji received by Indian fans, only a thankless person would seek charity from Indians and bash the same things Indians cherish like our army. We might have our political difference at home, but outside modi is our PM. Simple.

I should say yes. After getting the ire and standing by Afridi after all the trolling Bhajji received by Indian fans, only a thankless person would seek charity from Indians and bash the same things Indians cherish like our army. We might have our political difference at home, but outside modi is our PM. Simple.
Im sorry but the appeal was for Pakistani citizens.

That said we Pakistanis have also donated and saved indian lives not long ago but you dont see us acting like fkin snobs ?

Im sorry but the appeal was for Pakistani citizens.

That said we Pakistanis have also donated and saved indian lives not long ago but you dont see us acting like fkin snobs ?

Nope. They were asked to a general appeal as viruses see "no religion or race". Indians can also donate if Afridi NGO has permission to receive foreign funds which I believe it has.

Second, when was the last time you saw Indian leadership use disparaging comments against Pakistani leadership which also includes the army? Or seeing Indian ambassadors or cricket players abusing Imran Khan or their generals personally? Even Gautham Gambhir, the outspoken of the lot has been criticising decently.

So yes, Afridi is a thankless, hypocritic and a religious fundamentalist.

Your onion bhajji is a disgusting third class w*nker. A blot in the name of humanity. He has the most punchable face in India, even ahead of Narendra Modi! :woot:

سنہ لو پاکستانی بھائیوں ، ہر سَردار سدھو نہیں ہوتا . یہ ھربھجن گھٹیا آدمی ہے .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom