What's new

Harbhajan Singh regrets donation appeal for Shahid Afridi’s foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is nothing new. Pakistani cricketers have always asked Indian celebs for help for their causes.

Here is Amitabh raising funds for Imran's hospitals in the 90s.

Nice find about that Amitabh Bachan video for Imran Khan's cancer hospital. Thanks, I'm checking it out rightaway.

Well, Indian celebs help in Pakistan partly for their own endorsement. They have immense popularity, and Pakistan is easily the second largest market for Bollywood.

But I think Harbie, Mr. Onion Bhajji, has blown it. If you're a celeb, shut your personal views. You should never upset your fans of any country.

Look at Imran Khan. I have noticed in his speeches how careful and considerate he is when talking about India, despite the nature of his job. He still has a lot of fans in the country, and doesn't want to upset them. He's so much milder in comparison to Pervez Musharraf or even Nawaz Shariff.

Nice find about that Amitabh Bachan video for Imran Khan's cancer hospital. Thanks, I'm checking it out rightaway.

Well, Indian celebs help in Pakistan partly for their own endorsement. They have immense popularity, and Pakistan is easily the second largest market for Bollywood.

But I think Harbie, Mr. Onion Bhajji, has blown it. If you're a celeb, shut your personal views. You should never upset your fans of any country.

Look at Imran Khan. I have noticed in his speeches how careful and considerate he is when talking about India, despite the nature of his job. He still has a lot of fans in the country, and doesn't want to upset them. He's so much milder in comparison to Pervez Musharraf or even Nawaz Shariff.
Absolute rubbish. When Amitabh endorsed Imran, Indian movies were banned in Pak. If anything, Indian movie industry lost money because of Pakistani piracy of VHS tapes which happened in Pakistan (which was anyway a banned market) but also in genuine markets in the Middle East.

Even now there are probably more screens in Bombay than in all of Pak. As a market in terms of revenue it's probably as big as maybe Assam.

Absolute rubbish. When Amitabh endorsed Imran, Indian movies were banned in Pak. If anything, Indian movie industry lost money because of Pakistani piracy of VHS tapes which happened in Pakistan (which was anyway a banned market) but also in genuine markets in the Middle East.

Even now there are probably more screens in Bombay than in all of Pak. As a market in terms of revenue it's probably as big as maybe Assam.

The market is not just movies. I'm also talking about Bollywood actor/singer shows in UK, USA, European countries, Australia etc. A lot of South Asians buy the tickets or endorse these shows. That includes many Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, etc. Your Bollywood actors don't exactly say no to money from these countries.

Piracy might be a factor though. But a majority of Indians are using pirated versions of Windows software. In fact, every other software,Adobe Creatiev Cloud, etc. and some H-1B Indian will find a pirated copy somewhere and distribute it to his whole gaaon.

I never liked this dude called Harbhajan Singh. The only thing I know about him is that he is a serial cheat, probably a ball tamperer like Murlitharan.

Some australians I had discussions with in the past were quite angry at this bloke They said "Harbie" (that's their name for him) had once used racially abusive terms for Paul Simmons, an Australian cricketer of Aboriginal ancestry during a test cricket match in Australia. Apparently, he called Simmons monkey or something. Has "Harbie" seen his own face in the mirror?:woot:

So, in the light of what I know about this character, let me get this news straight. Apparently, Harbie had once helped the Pakistani cricketer Shahid Afridi in a donation drive, in Pakistan? Fair enough. What kind of a man will "regret" a donation appeal for a charitable cause? It doesn't matter if India and Pakistan have worsened relations now, only an ingrate will bring up a past charity event in this matter. In case there is a fall-out, the least you can do is shut your mouth and not bring up past generous deeds. What a spineless loser!

I get it that it's probably the Modi government that is pressurising failed sportsmen like Harbhajan to lambast Pakistan. But, dissing a past charity drive is an absolute low for ANY human being.

I hope Harbie finds his bearings soon. It's India's international image that suffers when fools like him open their pieholes.

Typical dehati jahill illiterate asshole, Harbhajan Singh. Some celebrity that is.

Shame on you, Harbie.

Since Yuvaraj Singh also lambasted Afridi and he also donated in the past what vitriol are you going to dish against him for a few likes from Pakistanis?

Since Yuvaraj Singh also lambasted Afridi and he also donated in the past what vitriol are you going to dish against him for a few likes from Pakistanis?

I don't mind either of them having beef with Afridi. It's their personal matter, and I have no dog in this fight.

My point is only a thankless person will diss a charity effort.

Afridi begged help from harbhajan Singh and yuvraj Singh and both did it.
So next time both will not let Afridi stand at their door, simple.
Lol beg for what helping poor?
38321950-016A-4F1D-9AAC-76242F77475A.jpeg

He paid 20K dollars to Bangladeshi cricketer for his bat too, the money went to Bangladeshi charity.

Btw a nice lesson for our cricketers who have friendship with bhartis. Look how they slammed Afridi.

Loyalty to ideals isn't equal to loyalty to one's nation which is never loyalty to one's government. Sad to see him go down that route but that's South Asia for you, we can't separate our politics from other things.
Shahid Afridi’s anti-Modi comment: Cricketer Harbhajan Singh regrets donation appeal for Afridi’s foundation, says will pick up gun to protect India

Harbhajan Singh slams Shahid Afridi after he went on a rant against Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Bhajji says that he is severing all ties with him and will never endorse Afridi's foundation again.

Full Interview Harbhajan Singh

Absolute rubbish. When Amitabh endorsed Imran, Indian movies were banned in Pak. If anything, Indian movie industry lost money because of Pakistani piracy of VHS tapes which happened in Pakistan (which was anyway a banned market) but also in genuine markets in Middle East.
And Pakistani infotainment is banned in india, tit for tat?

Im sure “mumbai” (bombay is anti national)... has more screens than Pak .. no wonder you conquer Pak 24/7 in wet dreams.. that said indian flicks used to do good business 8-10 crores aint bad right?

Oh my god these wannabe indian punjabi pricks dont know what kind off people live in west off the ganges ena nu kay patta asi banday nu khalon ni denday jeray badmaahi karay penchod khusre

And Pakistani infotainment is banned in india, tit for tat?

Im sure “mumbai” (bombay is anti national)... has more screens than Pak .. no wonder you conquer Pak 24/7 in wet dreams.. that said indian flicks used to do good business 8-10 crores aint bad right?

For Bollywood, Mumbai is such a big enough market in India that it alone brings 20-25 percent of revenues for the average movie.

So, if Pakistan market is of a comparable size to Mumbai, then it's worth admiring given the population proportion.

However, I don't know who in their right mind would spend any money to watch latest Bollywood movies. The entire industry is in the pits, the content is of such poor quality. Yes, older Bollywood films and songs are worth watching.

Loyalty to ideals isn't equal to loyalty to one's nation which is never loyalty to one's government. Sad to see him go down that route but that's South Asia for you, we can't separate our politics from other things.

Incidences like these are a great boost for Modi's popularity in India, though it is by default and unintended on Afridi's part.

Afridi and others use Modi's name to get highlighted in Indian news. Ideally Afridi could have raised Kashmir issue without naming Modi. But these antics are lapped by media on both sides of the border. Indians have no choice but to show, a small fry like Afridi his place, by defending their PM

Modi has a habit of not naming the person in his speeches whom he hates. IK seems to be on that list after his tweet about Modi. But IK has kept on gunning for him which Modi has completely ignored till now. Now other Pakistani politicians and celebrities are using Modi's name to be in the news. This is giving Indian media a chance to defend Modi who was earlier being criticized and was under great pressure for eruption of riots after passing of citizenship amendment act.

So Pakistanis are doing a great service to Modi by making him more popular which the may not be their intention.

Incidences like these are a great boost for Modi's popularity in India, though it is by default and unintended on Afridi's part.

Afridi and others use Modi's name to get highlighted in Indian news. Ideally Afridi could have raised Kashmir issue without naming Modi. But these antics are lapped by media on both sides of the border. Indians have no choice but to show, a small fry like Afridi his place, by defending their PM

Modi has a habit of not naming the person in his speeches whom he hates. IK seems to be on that list after his tweet about Modi. But IK has kept on gunning for him which Modi has completely ignored till now. Now other Pakistani politicians and celebrities are using Modi's name to be in the news. This is giving Indian media a chance to defend Modi who was earlier being criticized and was under great pressure for eruption of riots after passing of citizenship amendment act.

So Pakistanis are doing a great service to Modi by making him more popular which the may not be their intention.

If Indians are falling for these baiting tactics through Modi, then it reflects more on those Indians than the Pakistanis.

Why does Modi need to be defended at all? Is he a two-year old child? He's a public figure and if the Pakistanis are abusing him, then let them do it. No one can protect a public figure.

I don't know why so many Bhakts lose their sleep trying to defend Modi? What is he personally to you all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom