What's new

Happy Onam to all Mallu's

The video was from 2013 ..... he was not PM back then neither has this helped BJP score any seats .... :cry:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
nair said:
No there is no word in malayalam i know.....
Right!

3 peggu ..... oru peggu = 3/4 sadhanam + 1/4 vellam
Kurup....what will you do when the ban on bars will come to effect....10 years later?? :P

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Right!

Kurup....what will you do when the ban on bars will come to effect....10 years later?? :P

As I said earlier .....

njan aa parupadi okke nirthi ..... 2 masam ayittu oru thulli polum kai kond thottittilla .... :agree:

athe oru divasam adichu pookkuttiyay ente avastha kanditu enik thanne sahichilla .....

annu oru theerumanam eduthu ....... ini thanni adikkave maatein ..... ethra naalathekku ennu ariyilla .... :D

Thalkkaalam oru viraamam .

But all thrissurians are not puli, we have a prime example here :P
athe oru samshayam...Malayalathill 'puli' ennu paranjaal 'leopard' alle?;...pinnendhina tiger dance' ennu vilikane?;

Correctanu!!!!!!! Thrissur karkku puliyum kaduvayum thammilulla vethyasam ariyilla..... Nammude official thrissur kari @levina parayum
but in Tamil/Kannada Puli/Huli means tiger...
and siruthai/chiruthe means leopard...
may be in old Malayalam puli means tiger,i guess so...

happy-onam-awesome-rangoli-graphic.jpg

Correctanu!!!!!!! Thrissur karkku puliyum kaduvayum thammilulla vethyasam ariyilla.....
Look who is talking!! :coffee:
Not a word against thrissur-vaasis wookay?:butcher:
Ppl from malapuram ( ice cream scam ppl :D ) hold no right to chuckle at ppl belonging to cultural capital of Kerala. :devil:
nair said:
Nammude official thrissur kari @levina parayum
evide vannapol kaadum kaatkarum poyee. :(

athe oru samshayam...Malayalathill 'puli' ennu paranjaal 'leopard' alle?;...pinnendhina tiger dance' ennu vilikane?;
Thats news to me.:blink:
I think pulli puli means leopard. :agree:

Ppl from malapuram ( ice cream scam ppl :D ) hold no right to chuckle at ppl belonging to cultural capital of Kerala. :devil:

aaa Ice cream parlor Malappurathu alla, Kozhikodu anu..... I used to walk infront of that parlor every day :P......

enikkum aa samshayam illathilla...
kaduva-tiger
puli-leopard
pulli puli-jaguar(big wild cat)??i think,......

But there are no Jaguars in Asia. It's found only in South and Central America.

We also call Tiger as Hebbuli(Big Huli)....maybe Malayalam has some similar adjective attached to Puli...does Pulli mean anything on it's own?

But there are no Jaguars in Asia. It's found only in South and Central America.

We also call Tiger as Hebbuli(Big Huli)....maybe Malayalam has some similar adjective attached to Puli...does Pulli mean anything on it's own?
..thnx...confusing...
but in Malayalam 'kaDuva' means 'tiger' and 'Puli 'means leopard,thats sure....
pulli means 'spot' in Malayalam/Tamil..both leopard and jaguars have spots in their body...
Is there anything(cat family) other than leopard and tiger in our Indian forests???

..thnx...confusing...
but in Malayalam 'kaDuva' means 'tiger' and 'Puli 'means leopard,thats sure....
pulli means 'spot' in Malayalam/Tamil..both leopard and jaguars have spots in their body...
Is there anything(cat family) other than leopard and tiger in our Indian forests???

There used to be cheetahs before, but they became extinct during the 19th century. The word cheetah also comes from Sanskrit(Chitraka, meaning spotted). There are a few small felids like the Civet cat and the jungle cat in South Indian forests. In the North, there are species like the Caracal, Snow leopard and clouded Leopard.

I guess Puli and Pulli-Puli used to refer to the Tiger and Leopard respectively in olden times. How come Malayalam has an entirely new word for Tiger that's not found in Tamil or Kannada?

aaa Ice cream parlor Malappurathu alla, Kozhikodu anu..... I used to walk infront of that parlor every day :P......
image.jpg

Next Kunjali Kutty in the making. :lol::lol:

Joking!! :enjoy:

enikkum aa samshayam illathilla...
kaduva-tiger
puli-leopard
pulli puli-jaguar(big wild cat)??i think,......
Aaah!
Yes Kaduva means tiger.
But then pulli means dotted so pulli-puli should mean leopard and not jaguar.

Back
Top Bottom