What's new

Happy Onam to all Mallu's

Wishing a Happy Onam to all Keralites here!!:yahoo:

We Kannadigas celebrate the homecoming of Bali Chakravarti during Deepavali. Funny how much customs change every 50kms or so in India.

Our community has it's own song to send Bali back to Patala loka. We all hold hands in a circle, and moving in rhythmic steps to our right, sing this on the last day of his 3-day reign on Earth:

Balindro Balindro...Ind hog mundang baaro....Habbakk ond Holgyo!(Balindra O Balindra, Go today, but do come back next year. A Holige(a crepe-like sweet flatbread) shall be served on every festival(to you).

Damn! I miss my folks on days like these.:(

@nair @seiko @kurup

@Chak Bamu requested pics, shouldn't we be kind enough to oblige? :-)

@Chak Bamu her you go, a Pookalam.

onam-pookalam-designs-picture+(12).jpg

Dear All Advance Onam Wishes, and here is a Special wish from a special person.....

@SpArK @seiko @kurup @gslv mk3 @sreekumar @abjktu @acetophenol @Infinity @AMCA @levina @Nair saab @Marxist @Ravi Nair
Gaawd!
When my hubby had shown this video to me a few days back then i had literally gone rolling on the floor at Modi's malayalam.
But I am so so sooo glad that as a PM he is trying to reach the masses.Hes a true leader and understands the Indian populace.
His effort shall not go in vain...soon BJP will open an account in kerala too.:P
Lolzzz
@arp2041 what say??

True .

To know more about onam .......... Onam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Onam Sadya (feast)
63d1346004259t-what-is-the-order-in-which-onam-sadhya-should-be-served-onam-sadhya-menu-sadya_08092011-jpg

Pulikali (Tiger Dance)
pulikali_onam_7.jpg
Pullikali belongs to thrissur. :-)

Gaawd!
When my hubby had shown this video to me a few days back then i had literally gone rolling on the floor at Modi's malayalam.
But I am so so sooo glad that as a PM he is trying to reach the masses.Hes a true leader and understands the Indian populace.
His effort shall not go in vain...soon BJP will open an account in kerala too.:P
Lolzzz
@arp2041 what say??

The video was from 2013 ..... he was not PM back then neither has this helped BJP score any seats .... :cry:

download.jpg

images.jpg

images (5).jpg

download.jpg

images (1).jpg

images (2).jpg

images (3).jpg

images (4).jpg

images (5).jpg

images.jpg

@Chak Bamu

Female are not simple "pulis" or tigers...they are called tigress. :P
Now do we have a word for female pulis in malayalam??? :D

No there is no word in malayalam i know.....

The video was from 2013 ..... he was not PM back then neither has this helped BJP score any seats .... :cry:

That shows We mallu's cannot be influenced by a 2 minute video...... :P

Back
Top Bottom