What's new

Happy New Year 2012! Taiwan's GDP is now Half a Trillion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rechoice, I fail to understand why you Vietnamese don't understand your place. You are an insignificant country with stone-age technology and a ridiculously tiny $94 billion economy.

Why do you guys keep bothering Chinese in our sub-forum? China is a massive $7 TRILLION economy with advanced Type 052C AESA destroyers, KJ-2000 AWACS, and an advanced prototype J-20 Mighty Dragon all-aspect stealth fighter.

To us, you Vietnamese are merely a bug. Why do you keep squeaking?

Happy Holidays And Don't Forget China's $7 Trillion Gdp

Happy holidays to everyone (and the silent readers) on Pakistan Defence.

We are only a few hours past 2011. Please remember China's new GDP is $7 trillion for 2011. Ho ho ho!

Reference: List of countries by past and future GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

----------

Proof of China's $7 trillion GDP in 2011

In 2010, China's revised GDP was 40.12 trillion yuans. (See China's GDP growth in 2010 revised up to 10.4 pct year-on-year)

On October 15th, a Chinese government economist said the economy will grow by 9.4% for the entirety of 2011. (See China's economic growth to ease to 9.4 pct in 2011: economist)

Math:

40.12 trillion yuans * 1.094 = 43.89128 trillion yuans (e.g. China's economic size for 2011)

The current exchange rate is 6.33698 yuans per U.S. dollar. (See CNY, Chinese Yuan Exchange Rates Table - x-rates)

43.89128 trillion yuans / 6.33698 yuans per U.S. dollar = $6.926 trillion U.S. dollars

Wait, I'm not done yet! In recent years, the Chinese government has always revised its economic growth upwards when the full economic data are gathered.

To illustrate, the original estimate for China's 2010 GDP was 39.5 trillion yuans (see http://www.marketwatch.com/story/chinas-20...-101-2011-01-17). The final official figure for 2010 was 40.12 trillion yuans. The difference between the initial and final growth rates was 620 billion yuans.

If we reasonably assume that China's 2011 GDP will eventually be revised upwards by another 620 billion yuans then China's final official 2011 GDP will be:

43.89128 trillion yuans + 620 billion yuans (e.g. likely 2011 upward revision) = 44.51128 trillion yuans

44.51128 trillion yuans / 6.33698 yuans per U.S. dollar = $6.988 trillion U.S. dollars (which exactly matches the IMF estimate in my earlier reference to Wikipedia)

Add in Macau's GDP and China has a $7 trillion GDP for 2011!

PQmR4.jpg

I have independently calculated China's 2011 GDP to be $6.988 trillion U.S. dollars, which is a perfect match for the IMF estimate of China's 2011 economic size.

----------

Vietnam's ridiculously tiny $94 billion economy

"The value for GDP (current LCU [or local currency units/Vietnamese dongs]) in Vietnam was 1,980,910,000,000,000 as of 2010." (See Vietnam - gdp)

The dong has depreciated to 21,000 per U.S. dollar (see citation below).

Math:

1,980,910,000,000,000 Vietnamese dongs / 17,000 dongs per U.S. dollar = $94.3 billion dollars

Here we go again: Vietnam

"Here we go again: Vietnam’s spiral of credit and devaluation
March 10th, 2011
Author: David Dapice, Harvard University

Vietnam recently devalued its currency to about 21,000 dong to the US dollar. At the end of 2008, the rate was 17,000 — a decline of 24 per cent in about two years. In fact, it is worse since the ‘free market’ rate is over 22,000, and many people wanting dollars need to pay that rate. That rate would make it nearly 30 per cent depreciation. Since interest rates on dong bank deposits are only about 15 per cent, it seems safer to keep dollars under the mattress than dong in the bank."

idiot comparision.
Vietnam overcame 3 wars: 1945 - 1990
- France
- USA
- China (also with Khmer Rouge backed by China)
Every things are destroyed by France, USA and China, we have to rebuild, it costed for us every resource.

idiot comparision.
Vietnam overcame 3 wars: 1945 - 1990
- France
- USA
- China (also with Khmer Rouge backed by China)
Every things are destroyed by France, USA and China, we have to rebuild, it costed for us every resource.

The comparison is perfectly valid. China is a $7 TRILLION economic monster. On the other hand, Vietnam's economy (at $0.094 trillion) is five times smaller than Taiwan's. From a Taiwanese-American's perspective, Vietnamese are our dishwashers. What's with the attitude?

Vietnamese people in Taiwan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Of the roughly 80000 Vietnamese workers who resided in Taiwan as of 2006, 60000 are employed as domestic helpers, 16000 work in factories, 2000 in ..."

The comparison is perfectly valid. China is a $7 TRILLION economic monster. On the other hand, Vietnam's economy (at $0.094 trillion) is five times smaller than Taiwan's. From a Taiwanese-American's perspective, Vietnamese are our dishwashers. What's with the attitude?

Vietnamese people in Taiwan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Of the roughly 80000 Vietnamese workers who resided in Taiwan as of 2006, 60000 are employed as domestic helpers, 16000 work in factories, 2000 in ..."

ADB: Vietnam¶s 2009 GDP growth to be highest in South East Asia
Date: 4/25/2009 11:40:00 AM
The Asian Development Bank has forecast that Vietnam¶s GDP growth rate this year will stand at 4.5%, the highest among Southeast Asian countries, and much higher compared to the average GDP growth of the region of 0.7%. ADB: Vietnam¶s 2009 GDPgrow th to be highest in South East Asia The figure has been released on March 31 in the bank¶s flagship annual economic publication, Asian Development Outlook 2009 (ADO 2009). Two other countries in the region that also enjoy positive GDP growths, according to ADB forecast, are Indonesia (3.6%) and the Philippines (2.5%). The three remaining countries are forecast to have negative growths, Singapore (-5%), Thailand (-2%) and Malaysia(-0.2%).

http://http://viipip.com/homeen/?module=newsdetail&newscode=808

Chinese workers could replace Mexican immigrants

DUDLEY L. POSTON JR. and PETER A. MORRISON
, HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Published 05:30 a.m., Saturday, August 13, 2011

Until now, Mexico has supplied the United States, especially Texas and California, with immigrant workers to fill low-wage jobs. That's about to change, in the wake of an unprecedented decline in Mexican immigration and a new influx of Chinese immigrant workers who will be fleeing hopeless conditions in China; many of them will enter the U.S. undocumented.

http://http://www.chron.com/opinion/outlook/article/Chinese-workers-could-replace-Mexican-immigrants-2077827.php

and here, chinese immigrant workers in Muaritus Africa.

y174595823535361.jpg

As I have already said, China is an awesome space and technological power. Vietnam is a Third World country living in the Stone Age. Your attempt to compare the two countries is laughable.

----------

I have made my final selection for the tenth criterion to measure the technological capability of a nation. I believe that ASAT technology is a worthy test because it is a fusion of rocketry, advanced sensors, guidance systems, kinetic-kill warhead, and strategic utility. With ASAT, a country can deprive another of its GPS system (if it has one), spy satellites, communications satellites, etc.

If you disagree with any of the selections on this list or if you think another choice is more worthy, please explain your reasoning in detail and I will consider modifying this list. Thank you.

1. Send taikonaut into space and conduct spacewalk. (Ultimate test of aerospace technology)

2. Build indigenous Aegis-class destroyer with advanced phased array radars. (Sophisticated radar technology and integrated battlespace defense)

Type 052C Lanzhou-class destroyer can be seen at 1:16 in the video.

3. Build fifth-generation stealth fighters. (Military technology prowess for air dominance; by controlling the airspace, you control the high ground and can rain bombs down at will)

China's J-20 Stealth Fighter - YouTube

4. Build world's-fastest bullet trains that travel an average of 380 kph. (Amazing mechanical engineering)

5. Build world's-fastest supercomputer. (Unmatched computer technology)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ9qsjGFVe0

6. Launch a record 15 rocket/satellite launches in 2010 without a single failure. (Test of rocket reliability technology)

7. Build nuclear submarines. (Complex compact nuclear reactor technology)

If you have not yet seen this video then it is a MUST-watch! It is a dazzling display of the hardware in China's PLA Air Force. A Chinese nuclear submarine can be seen at 10:39 and a Type 052C destroyer at 10:47 in the video.

8. Build a cryogenic rocket engine. (Rocket engine technology for heavy-lift rocket)

To place the development of cryogenic rocket engines in its proper historical context, I thought you might want to know that NASA developed the world's first cryo engine in 1961 and China flight-tested her first cryo engine in 1984 (i.e. 27 years ago).

Cryogenic rocket engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The first operational cryogenic rocket engine was the 1961 NASA design the RL-10 LOX LH2 rocket engine, which was used in the Saturn 1 rocket employed in the early stages of the Apollo moon landing program."

YF-73 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The YF-73 is China's first successful, cryogenic, gimballed engine, using liquid hydrogen (LH2) fuel and liquid oxygen (LOX) oxidizer. It was developed in the early 1980s and first flight was in 1984."

9. Build commercial satellites that weigh over 5,000 kg or 10,000 pounds with a service lifetime of 15 years. (World-class satellite technology)

dfh401resized.jpg

DFH-4 satellite bus (or platform) designed and built by CGWIC (i.e. China Great Wall Industrial Corporation)

10. Demonstrated ASAT (i.e. anti-satellite multistage missile) to destroy a satellite. (Critical capability to deprive another nation of its eyes and ears in the sky; also eliminates GPS guidance for opposing nation's weapons)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can Vietnam accomplish a single achievement on China's list?
We can buy all of them if we have enough money, but can China control the largest part of SCS(east sea), and build some guard points like VN ?:bunny:
280609-164942.gif

I'm tired of you Vietnamese trolls making ridiculous claims in my Happy New Year and/or Taiwan thread. I can't seem to get rid of Indian R0H1T in my China-Africa thread. In this thread, I'm stuck with you two. You've got to be kidding me.

I'm going back on topic. My advice to you guys and R0H1T is to create your own anti-China threads and stop trolling in mine. I'm unhappy, because you Vietnamese made the exact same anti-China arguments six months ago, ad nauseum. This applies to Indian R0H1T as well.

I've heard the same Indian garbage for years and you're still saying the same stuff. By the way, it is you hypocritical Indians who are cheating and massively devaluing your limited-convertibility currency. Two years ago, I couldn't get rid of Rahul Indian. Where do you guys keep coming from?

I have been away for a long time and now, when I come back for the New Year holiday, you're still parroting the same old anti-China propaganda. Don't you guys ever take a break?

Taiwan's Luxgen Launches its First Sedan Model, the Luxgen5 [Videos and Gallery]

gztQF.jpg

"All-New Luxgen5 Sedan from Taiwan with 1.8L/2.0L Turbo"

cRMcV.jpg

Luxgen5 interior front view

ZpmQC.jpg

Luxgen5 interior rear view

ekar5.jpg

Luxgen5 exterior rear view

Taiwan's Luxgen Launches its First Sedan Model, the Luxgen5 [Videos and Gallery] - Carscoop

"Taiwan's Luxgen Launches its First Sedan Model, the Luxgen5 [Videos and Gallery]
Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Mazda isn't the only automaker to use its name as a designation for its model series. Taiwan's aspiring new automotive brand Luxgen has adopted the same nomenclature for its range of models that has now been expanded with its first ever four-door sedan, the Luxgen5 that joins the Luxgen7 MPV and Luxgen7 SUV.

The newly revealed Luxgen5 is the production version of the Neora EV concept study that was exhibited at the Auto Shanghai 2011 in China earlier this year.

The Taiwanese automaker says it is targeting the medium-large sedan market with the new Luxgen5 that will make its world premiere at the 2012 Taipei Auto Show next April.

According to Luxgen, the four-door model has been created for global markets in mind since its inception. The chassis has been designed with the support of US engineering analysts Altair, while the car was tested by UK safety organization Mira to meet the chassis configuration requirements of local and overseas markets.

Power comes from a choice of two four-cylinder petrol engines, a 1.8-liter VVT Turbo producing 150HP and 23.5kgm (230Nm) that's matched to a 5-speed automatic transmission, and a 2.0-liter VVT Turbo delivering 170HP and 26.1kgm (256Nm), coupled to a 6-speed automatic from Aisin.

The larger displacement engine allows for 0-100km/h (62mph) sprint time of 8.5 seconds and a top speed of 210km/h (131mph).

Other highlights include a full suite of safety features such as ABS, EBD electronic brake-force distribution, a BAS brake assist system, an ESC electronic stability control system and a TCS traction control system, along with a 'jet fighter-style' HUD display and the LUXGEN THINK+ Touch infotainment system developed in collaboration with smartphone maker hTC that comes with a large touchscreen incorporated in the center console.

Kudos to Austin Hsu for the tip!"

VIDEOS:

LUXGEN 5 Sedan show - YouTube

LUXGEN 5 SEDAN

LUXGEN 5 SEDAN

LUXGEN 5 SEDAN

I must admit that I have been surprised at the low Happy New Year response this year. The former two years elicited strong responses. I hope things improve for you forumites. Overall, you guys seem a little down this year.

I don't plan on hanging around very long, because I always seem to attract a lot of flak. However, I hope you guys cheer up. I'll be gone in a few days, but I want to say that I've never had a problem with NiceGuy. I've always respected his tenacity. Rechoice and R0H1T, well...that's another story.

Taiwan remains world's biggest in LED-industry scale

Taiwan Boasts World's Largest LED Capacity in 2011; 27 New LED Fabs Going Up In Asia This Year | SEMI.ORG

bCZ2U.jpg

2011 LED Capacity by Region (Source: SEMI Opto/LED Fab Forecast May 2011)

"Taiwan Boasts World's Largest LED Capacity in 2011; 27 New LED Fabs Going Up In Asia This Year
June 8, 2011

Demand for Equipment Rising: Heavyweights Converge on LED Manufacturing Section at SEMICON Taiwan

LED application products -- tablet computers, LED TVs and smartphones -- are all the rage, fueling the rapid rise and proliferation of Taiwan-based LED businesses. Corporations such as AU Optronics (AUO), TSMC and CHIMEI have all crossed over into the LED industry, forging yet another trillion-[New Taiwan] dollar industry in Taiwan. SEMI Opto/LED Fab Forecast has projected 27 new LED fabs starting operation in the Asia region (excluding Japan) this year. Of these, 17 will be built in China and 7 in Taiwan."

Taiwan remains world's biggest in LED industry scale - CNA ENGLISH NEWS

"Taiwan remains world's biggest in LED-industry scale
by Jeffrey Wu
2011/12/25 14:21:41

qVk7J.jpg

Taipei, Dec. 25 (CNA) The output value of Taiwan's LED industry remained the world's biggest in 2011, despite lower-than-expected market growth, according to a local industry association.

As the eurozone's debt problems dragged down demand, the output value of the global LED market grew by only 2.6 percent to US$16.6 billion (NT$502.48 billion) this year from US$16.1 billion in 2010, the Photonics Industry and Technology Development Association (PIDA) said in a recent report.

The PIDA is an organization jointly set up by the government and Taiwan's business and academic circles with the aim of promoting the local photonics industry.

In terms of regional performance, Taiwan still topped the market with a total output value of US$4.54 billion in 2011 -- including those of the upstream epitaxial wafers -- although the figure declined 0.4 percent from last year's US$4.56 billion, the PIDA said.

South Korea, which has run its LED sector aggressively in the past few years, ranked third behind Taiwan and Japan with output values of US$3.35 billion this year, representing an increase of nearly 5 percent from last year, the association said.

Some South Korean companies have launched low-priced products to tap into the lighting market but they still need to purchase LED components from Taiwan to save costs because of their limited scale of production, the PIDA said.

The association added that LED output value in Europe plunged 7.3 percent from US$1.74 billion in 2010 to US$1.61 in 2011 due to the impact of the European debt crisis and fierce competition.

On the contrary to Europe's decline, China's LED output value surged 26 percent year-on-year from 2010 thanks to local government support, the highest growth among all regions, the PIDA said."

I suppose I could contribute more to this forum, like the old days. However, there is a group of you China-haters that are determined to keep trolling me. Therefore, I will leave shortly. However, before I leave soon, I will show you my bona fides in Chinese military hardware.

I have always said that China-watching is a hobby for me. The problem is that some of you turn it into a combat sport. There is no way that I will hang around and be your punching bag. Those days are long gone. I have set up long-term residence only in China-friendly or China-neutral forums.

----------

China's new Type 99A2 Main Battle Tank

plYN5.jpg

China's new Type 99A2 MBT (main battle tank) should be comparable to America's most-advanced M1A2 Abrams MBT.

LP3db.jpg

China's Type 99A2 MBT is more advanced than the older American model M1A2 in at least one respect. Notice the reactive armor on the side of the Type 99A2 turret to enhance its survivability against "shaped charges." This feature is absent on the M1A2.

----------

China's original Type 99A1 MBT is widely believed to be comparable to the U.S. M1A1 MBT. China's Type 99A1 MBT carries an expensive price tag of $2.5 million per tank, which is in the ballpark figure for an U.S. M1 Abrams.

Here is a typical quote:

ZTZ99 - Army Technology

"Type 99 is similar, in a lot of specifications, to the M1A1 tank and the Western Leopard 2. Western influences have been noticed in the angular welded turret ..."

[Note: Thank you to HouShanghai and Marchpole for the pictures.]

----------

China's Type 99A2 Main Battle Tank in mass production

vq4TH.jpg

A closer look at China's new Type 99A2 Main Battle Tank (MBT). Another subtle Type 99A2 MBT design improvement is that the armored skirt panels cover the top half of the wheels. If necessary, reactive armor can be placed over the armored skirt panels to provide more protection. On the American Abrams, the wheels are left exposed.

xP7nA.jpg

As the Type 99A2 MBT rolls past...

cwvlH.jpg

A second Type 99A2 MBT can be seen.

6Xxru.jpg

Oh my gosh! It looks like there's an entire tank battalion of Type 99A2 MBTs!

[Note: Thank you to HouShanghai for the pictures.]

----------

JH-7A fighter-bomber with four KD-88 air-launched LACMs

ty3dA.jpg

Rare photograph of JH-7A with four KD-88 air-launched Land Attack Cruise Missiles (LACMs)

YQHfv.jpg

A squadron of JH-7A fighter-bombers

[Note: Thank you to Greyboy2 for the post.]

I never understood why you Indian and Vietnamese trolls persist in ruining the Chinese threads. It is extremely disrespectful and long-term, the best contributors to the Chinese sub-forum will either leave (e.g. like me) or severely reduce their contribution.

For years, the Chinese sub-forum was built around HouShanghai, Greyboy2, Aimarraul, Brotherhood, SiegeCrossbow, No_Name, CardSharp, ChineseTiger1986, SinoSoldier, Below_Freezing, Oct605032048, S10, and others. I'm sorry if I didn't mention you by name. I've been gone a long time.

Without their constant posts, the Chinese sub-forum would have deteriorated dramatically. And yet, you crazy trolls kept driving the most productive members out of the forum.

Why not do something constructive and set up threads to show us the best of Vietnam and India? Why the constant anti-China propaganda? It's destructive and pointless. China's rise cannot be halted.

J-20 Mighty Dragon soars in 2011

uAAq6.jpg

Notice the yellowish-orange RAM (radar absorbent material) coating on the J-20 glass cockpit.

You might be asking yourself, "why do I see a yellowish-orange cockpit in some pictures and a relatively clear glass cockpit in other pictures?" You will notice that this dual appearance applies to the F-22 as well.

The best analogy is the visual effect when you look at butterfly wings. From some angles, the butterfly wing looks iridescent. At other angles, the butterfly wing looks plain. This is an effect of thin films. The J-20 thin film(s) of RAM coating creates an effect similar to butterfly wings.

To read more about the physics of "thin-film interference," see Thin-film interference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[Note: Thank you to Post_Human_Warrior for the picture.]

----------

J-20 Mighty Dragon undergoing flight tests

59dUY.jpg

New photograph of J-20 with flight test markings and/or sensors.

[Note: Thank you to HouShanghai and 蓝胖 for the picture.]

----------

Latest J-20 Mighty Dragon pictures

There following photograph shows the difference in size between the J-20 Mighty Dragon and a J-7 fighter. The size difference is due to the different roles for the J-20 and the J-7. The J-20 is a multi-role strike fighter. On the other hand, the J-7 is merely a "point defense" fighter.

Interceptor aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The choice of trade-offs involved in meeting these goals leads to two typical designs, larger aircraft [e.g. J-20 Mighty Dragon] that can operate at extended ranges and provide defence over a large area, and much smaller designs [e.g. J-7] with very quick response times and much shorter ranges that are intended to protect point targets on-demand."

RaBIO.jpg

----------

There are two photographs of the J-20 Mighty Dragon with its side-bay doors opened. The important thing to remember about the side-bay is that it is smaller than the underside main weapon bay. Each side-bay can only hold one short-range missile, such as the "PL-9 infrared-homing air-to-air missile (AAM)." The main weapon bay can hold longer-range missiles and more of them.

01NA4.jpg

LFaYs.jpg

A view of the J-20's opened side-weapon bays from the rear.

[Note: Thank you to Greyboy2 for the pictures.]

----------

J-20 Mighty Dragon design is a fusion of stealth and aesthetics

J3Lyb.jpg

The J-20 DSI intake melds seamlessly into the fuselage.

K6rKC.jpg

The entire J-20 is a smooth blend of stealth design and aesthetics.

[Note: Thank you to HouShanghai and EastWind for the pictures.]

----------

New Chinese Infantry Fighting Vehicle?

BFdzJ.jpg

Chinese armored Infantry Fighting Vehicles (IFV) transported by train.

This could be a new IFV design.

[Note: Thank you to Marchpole for the picture.]

We can buy all of them if we have enough money, but can China control the largest part of SCS(east sea), and build some guard points like VN ?:bunny:
280609-164942.gif

typical VN troll in PDF:sick:

WELL,

China has inaugurated its most advanced deep sea oil platform capable of operating at up to 3,000 meters below the surface of the ocean, however,the capability to drill so far down is a differentiating factor that countries like Vietnam and the Philippines have not yet acquired
101463642.jpg

121098071_31n.jpg

CFP417603379-150753_copy1.jpg

SS_biggest_oil_resvs_chn.jpg

China's new oil rig will enhance its oil extraction capacity from deep sea areas such as the South China Sea

Now china have had the independent most advanced deep sea oil platform capable in the world,
your Vietnam is only dependent on some western company now,but china is too strong,so no foreign company dare really to drill deep sea oil fields and cause offence to china in chinese sea.
we build a huge oil rig and it is just like a own big island in South China Sea.No doubt about it,china will soon build many many new oil rigs around the clock in South China Sea,No country can stop us !but just relax,our VN friends ,china is not like usa and china is a peaceful country,we will still invite all south china sea's coutries to jointly develop the oil fields of South China Sea,:china:

As I have already said, China is an awesome space and technological power. Vietnam is a Third World country living in the Stone Age. Your attempt to compare the two countries is laughable.

----------

I have made my final selection for the tenth criterion to measure the technological capability of a nation. I believe that ASAT technology is a worthy test because it is a fusion of rocketry, advanced sensors, guidance systems, kinetic-kill warhead, and strategic utility. With ASAT, a country can deprive another of its GPS system (if it has one), spy satellites, communications satellites, etc.

If you disagree with any of the selections on this list or if you think another choice is more worthy, please explain your reasoning in detail and I will consider modifying this list. Thank you.

1. Send taikonaut into space and conduct spacewalk. (Ultimate test of aerospace technology)

2. Build indigenous Aegis-class destroyer with advanced phased array radars. (Sophisticated radar technology and integrated battlespace defense)

Type 052C Lanzhou-class destroyer can be seen at 1:16 in the video.

3. Build fifth-generation stealth fighters. (Military technology prowess for air dominance; by controlling the airspace, you control the high ground and can rain bombs down at will)

China's J-20 Stealth Fighter - YouTube

4. Build world's-fastest bullet trains that travel an average of 380 kph. (Amazing mechanical engineering)

5. Build world's-fastest supercomputer. (Unmatched computer technology)

China's Tianhe-1A Becomes World's Fastest Supercomputer - YouTube

6. Launch a record 15 rocket/satellite launches in 2010 without a single failure. (Test of rocket reliability technology)

7. Build nuclear submarines. (Complex compact nuclear reactor technology)

If you have not yet seen this video then it is a MUST-watch! It is a dazzling display of the hardware in China's PLA Air Force. A Chinese nuclear submarine can be seen at 10:39 and a Type 052C destroyer at 10:47 in the video.

8. Build a cryogenic rocket engine. (Rocket engine technology for heavy-lift rocket)

To place the development of cryogenic rocket engines in its proper historical context, I thought you might want to know that NASA developed the world's first cryo engine in 1961 and China flight-tested her first cryo engine in 1984 (i.e. 27 years ago).

Cryogenic rocket engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The first operational cryogenic rocket engine was the 1961 NASA design the RL-10 LOX LH2 rocket engine, which was used in the Saturn 1 rocket employed in the early stages of the Apollo moon landing program."

YF-73 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The YF-73 is China's first successful, cryogenic, gimballed engine, using liquid hydrogen (LH2) fuel and liquid oxygen (LOX) oxidizer. It was developed in the early 1980s and first flight was in 1984."

9. Build commercial satellites that weigh over 5,000 kg or 10,000 pounds with a service lifetime of 15 years. (World-class satellite technology)

dfh401resized.jpg

DFH-4 satellite bus (or platform) designed and built by CGWIC (i.e. China Great Wall Industrial Corporation)

10. Demonstrated ASAT (i.e. anti-satellite multistage missile) to destroy a satellite. (Critical capability to deprive another nation of its eyes and ears in the sky; also eliminates GPS guidance for opposing nation's weapons)

Also don't forget about China's automatic space docking technology, this is so far one of the best achievements of China for 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rechoice, I fail to understand why you Vietnamese don't understand your place. You are an insignificant country with stone-age technology and a ridiculously tiny $94 billion economy.

The dong has depreciated to 21,000 per U.S. dollar (see citation below).

Math:

1,980,910,000,000,000 Vietnamese dongs / 17,000 dongs per U.S. dollar = $94.3 billion dollars

Damn it!

Six PetroChina can generate one Vietnam a year. Sinopec, one company alone, has 99 Billion revenue a year!

Rank Rank Forbes 2000 Name Headquarters Revenue(Bn. $) Profit(Bn. $) Assets(Bn. $) Market value(Bn. $) Industry

1. 41. PetroChina Beijing 68.43 16.53 96.42 208.76 Oil
2. 53. Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Beijing 31.98 4.65 800.04 176.03 Banking
3. 69. China Construction Bank Beijing 23.18 5.84 568.21 126.55 Banking
4. 71. Sinopec Beijing 99.03 5.07 65.83 93.57 Oil

List of the largest companies of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Happy New Year 2012 from the Temple of Heaven in Beijing

Photographs from the Temple of Heaven in Beijing:

Uh8PC.jpg

New Year celebrants at the Temple of Heaven Park in Beijing, China

RBEzs.jpg

The laser-light show begins at Temple of Heaven to ring in the New Year.

116T9.jpg

wJFIe.jpg

Sundial at Temple of Heaven initiates countdown.

2nY80.jpg

The sundial spins furiously.

vL07f.jpg

The sundial is five minutes away from midnight!

MQZfD.jpg

Happy New Year everyone from the Temple of Heaven in Beijing, China

[Note: Thank you to "Greater China" for the pictures.]

I suppose I could contribute more to this forum, like the old days. However, there is a group of you China-haters that are determined to keep trolling me. Therefore, I will leave shortly. However, before I leave soon, I will show you my bona fides in Chinese military hardware.

I have always said that China-watching is a hobby for me. The problem is that some of you turn it into a combat sport. There is no way that I will hang around and be your punching bag. Those days are long gone. I have set up long-term residence only in China-friendly or China-neutral forums.

----------

China's new Type 99A2 Main Battle Tank

plYN5.jpg

China's new Type 99A2 MBT (main battle tank) should be comparable to America's most-advanced M1A2 Abrams MBT.

LP3db.jpg

China's Type 99A2 MBT is more advanced than the older American model M1A2 in at least one respect. Notice the reactive armor on the side of the Type 99A2 turret to enhance its survivability against "shaped charges." This feature is absent on the M1A2.

----------

China's original Type 99A1 MBT is widely believed to be comparable to the U.S. M1A1 MBT. China's Type 99A1 MBT carries an expensive price tag of $2.5 million per tank, which is in the ballpark figure for an U.S. M1 Abrams.

Here is a typical quote:

ZTZ99 - Army Technology

"Type 99 is similar, in a lot of specifications, to the M1A1 tank and the Western Leopard 2. Western influences have been noticed in the angular welded turret ..."

[Note: Thank you to HouShanghai and Marchpole for the pictures.]

----------

China's Type 99A2 Main Battle Tank in mass production

vq4TH.jpg

A closer look at China's new Type 99A2 Main Battle Tank (MBT). Another subtle Type 99A2 MBT design improvement is that the armored skirt panels cover the top half of the wheels. If necessary, reactive armor can be placed over the armored skirt panels to provide more protection. On the American Abrams, the wheels are left exposed.

xP7nA.jpg

As the Type 99A2 MBT rolls past...

cwvlH.jpg

A second Type 99A2 MBT can be seen.

6Xxru.jpg

Oh my gosh! It looks like there's an entire tank battalion of Type 99A2 MBTs!

[Note: Thank you to HouShanghai for the pictures.]

----------

JH-7A fighter-bomber with four KD-88 air-launched LACMs

ty3dA.jpg

Rare photograph of JH-7A with four KD-88 air-launched Land Attack Cruise Missiles (LACMs)

YQHfv.jpg

A squadron of JH-7A fighter-bombers

[Note: Thank you to Greyboy2 for the post.]

such products no toys, bro. It's dangerous weapons and then it can make Chinese gov is going to make his miscalculation.
Anyway good luck for trip.

Since Rechoice turned my Happy New Year and/or Taiwan thread into a China-Vietnam thread, I might as well discuss Vietnam's economy.

Vietnam, wracked by economic woes, plans new reforms | Reuters

"Vietnam, wracked by economic woes, plans new reforms
By Tran Le Thuy and John Ruwitch
HANOI | Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:46pm EST

(Reuters) - After four years of economic instability, Vietnam is embarking on reforms some believe could be its most significant since steps started in 1986 that ended stifling central planning and, eventually, turned the war-torn country into a tiger.

However, there's substantial skepticism that policymakers can fend off resistance to major change from state-owned companies and other interest groups, including private conglomerates, whose influence has surged.

Months of heated discussion have produced a consensus that Vietnam, wracked by Asia's worst inflation and other woes, needs to change tack, as it did 25 years ago when the "Doi Moi" (renovation) policy took flight.
SHIFTING GROWTH MODEL

At a crossroads in the mid-1980s when the economy was moribund, liberalisation that unleashed individuals and industries made Vietnam into a rising star. But in recent years, the star has burned out, and the country has evolved from one of Asia's most promising economies into one of the most unstable.
REFORM OR STAY BEHIND

There is little dispute about the challenges.

Inflation has surged well above 20 percent twice in the past three years while foreign exchange reserves have slumped and the Vietnamese dong has lost more than 20 percent against the dollar. Vietnam's external debt has risen above its peers to more than 40 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) while credit-to-GDP has soared to 125 percent.

Foreign direct investment pledges have slumped, dropping 22 percent this year so far from the same part in 2010.
Last year, all three major ratings agencies -- Fitch, Moody's and Standard & Poor's -- downgraded the country of nearly 90 million people.

Experts say the root of Vietnam's boom-to-bust dilemma lies in excessive investment in inefficient state-owned corporations, which suck up capital and have diversified wildly from their core competencies into sectors such as property and stocks -- both of which have faltered."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom