What's new

Happy New Year 2012! Taiwan's GDP is now Half a Trillion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy,

Long time no see, how are you fairing?

Wish you healthy and wealthy.

I forgot to mention something important. On 10% of the Western news sites, I was censored. San Francisco Chronicle, The Seattle Times, and a few other newspapers deleted my comment on China's 1,400-year-old first discovery of Paracel Islands. Also, Reuters decided to ban me from commenting after I posted a different comment on a second China-Vietnam article.

Nevertheless, I cannot be censored. I simply move to other news services, such as The Diplomat or Foreign Policy. The more that some newspapers try to censor me (by deleting my comment or refusing to post it), the more determined I become to be heard. The Long Island Press held my comment for review by a moderator for four days and then quietly deleted my submission request.

It is ironic that every time they censored my comment, I received a boost in energy and determination to post on ten more websites. I think I have made over two hundred posts on news sites and YouTube during the last 12 days.

The moral of the story is that if you try to censor this mouse, I will roar!

Westerners or Easterners they are all human being. Communism or democracy they both are the same. I've been censored by both, no surprise and quite normal. Don't believe them a **** of the propaganda on both, but yourself.

"every time they censored my comment, I received a boost in energy and determination to post on ten more websites." This is a typical American spirits! This was how American got independent from evil British...

Happy New Year!

Haha, haha...

But Pakistan has far more land resources and larger military industrial complex.

Sometimes the size of GDP does not measure up everything. :coffee:

I agree on the first part however Pakistan needs to get it's economy up and running maybe they will reach Taiwan level one day.

I would say that the two most important China-related issues (where I interjected my opinions) were the Chinese currency debate in October and the South China Sea in June of this year.

To clarify, I didn't just post on USA Today. I also posted on UPI (United Press International), CNN, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Wall Stree Journal, NASDAQ, and a lot of other mainstream websites. I was virtually everywhere in the mainstream press under my pseudonyms "Martian" and "China Lee."

From my October 28, 2011 post:

I indirectly challenged the American Media's credibility

Earlier this month, I indirectly challenged the American media's credibility. If you want a good laugh, read the article by USA Today (link: http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/st...56/1?csp=34news) as they bashed China:

If I was ignorant of the truth, I would be pretty upset too! My God, according to USA Today, those Chinese are cheating and undervaluing their currency! It is a pretty upsetting article until you read the second comment (reproduced below), which is located at the end of the article. Ooops! Never mind! Ha ha ha. I posted the truth for the entire country to see.

4ZWRF.jpg

USA Today forgot to tell its readers that China's currency has already appreciated 30% in the last six years.

I thought I would share the story before I forget it in another few weeks.

I also posted in the comment section of YouTube videos regarding China's currency. See example below.

Senate Votes to Consider Anti-China Bill - YouTube

I should tell you the rest of the story. For days prior to my posts, the Western Media only printed stories about China undervaluing its currency by 25 to 40% and there were a few sporadic articles that mentioned China had appreciated its currency by 7% since 2010.

Eighteen hours after I posted my comment everywhere (that China's currency had appreciated by 30% in the last six years), Reuters published its first story that China had appreciated its currency by 30% since 2005. After Reuters, major publications also published the fact that China's currency had appreciated by 30%. The exception was CNN. CNN wrote that China's currency had appreciated by "over 20%."

The Western media have a choice. They can tell their readers the truth or I'll do it for them.

----------

My posts in the mainstream media on the South China Sea were relevant to the debate. After I pointed out that the South China Sea and islands were discovered and claimed by China for 1,400 years, the mainstream media changed their articles and incorporated this historical fact.

Within 12 hours after my first batch of posts, I noticed the Guardian was the first to acknowledge the Chinese side of the story. Reuters followed. Next was CNN. After that, all major news publications started printing that the Chinese had a thousand-year-old claim to the South China Sea islands.

From my June 24, 2011 post:

Checkmate

[My post from another forum, but it fits in this thread.]

Peter, you and all of the China-haters are too late. I have posted everywhere in the mainstream media (e.g. Boston Globe, CNBC, CNN, Miami Herald, NASDAQ, Reuters, Sacramento Bee, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Washington Times, etc.) and YouTube over the last 12 days.

This is my reaction to the stubborn Vietnamese posters that came into the Chinese sub-forum and raised a ruckus.

Look in the comment section and the number of "China Lee" comments. Who do you think had the last laugh? You or me?

-----

Here is an example:

Rivals push to rename the South China Sea – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs

-----

I am also on foreign websites, such as this one in India.

http://www.2point6billion.com/news/2011/06...1#comment-97287

-----

On The Hill's Congress Blog, Senator Inhofe makes his point and I make mine in the first comment.

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/for...ot-be-tolerated

-----

Senator McCain makes his point in an article and I present the counterpoint in the first comment. Where have you been Peter? You missed the party.

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/blo...ost.aspx?ID=452

----------

From my June 25, 2011 post:

The mouse that roared

I forgot to mention something important. On 10% of the Western news sites, I was censored. San Francisco Chronicle, The Seattle Times, and a few other newspapers deleted my comment on China's 1,400-year-old first discovery of Paracel Islands. Also, Reuters decided to ban me from commenting after I posted a different comment on a second China-Vietnam article.

Nevertheless, I cannot be censored. I simply move to other news services, such as The Diplomat or Foreign Policy. The more that some newspapers try to censor me (by deleting my comment or refusing to post it), the more determined I become to be heard. The Long Island Press held my comment for review by a moderator for four days and then quietly deleted my submission request.

It is ironic that every time they censored my comment, I received a boost in energy and determination to post on ten more websites. I think I have made over two hundred posts on news sites and YouTube during the last 12 days.

The moral of the story is that if you try to censor this mouse, I will roar!

-----

See fifth full comment (e.g. don't count the replies to original comments):

China to US: Keep Out | China Power

See second full comment:

South China Sea or me? | Prestowitz

You are banned is correct.
You are Xinhua's agent then you do your job to make propaganda there with lies.

You are banned is correct.
You are Xinhua's agent then you do your job to make propaganda there with lies.
monkey normally doesnt know what is truth and what is lie, because as human being you need to state facts to argue, but since your 'glorious' vietcon treats you lot as monkeys so we wont blame you lots stupidity.

anyway today is a new year hope you people can bring your stupidity to a new level to entertain us``! Happy New Year

monkey normally doesnt know what is truth and what is lie, because as human being you need to state facts to argue, but since your 'glorious' vietcon treats you lot as monkeys so we wont blame you lots stupidity.

anyway today is a new year hope you people can bring your stupidity to a new level to entertain us``! Happy New Year

your leader Mr. Xi just visited Vietnam. is he monkey ?
brain washed and idiot guy like you never know what is truth about that Vietnam controlled islands hundreds years from time of Le's Kingdom of Vietnam without trouble with China until 1910s.
Lying don't make it become truth.

brain washed and idiot guy like you never know what is truth about that Vietnam controlled islands hundreds years from time of Le's Kingdom of Vietnam without trouble with China until 1910s.
Bro, this is Happy new year thread, so cool off and enjoy the new year now :chilli::bounce::taz:

poeple visit zoos once for awhile to watch monkeys playing and making fool of themselves.

but the truth is they are always in the cage, and the lie is they live freely...and the monkeys believe they live freely

poeple visit zoos once for awhile to watch monkeys playing and making fool of themselves.

but the truth is they are always in the cage, and the lie is they live freely...and the monkeys believe they live freely

You are uneducated guy, you have to go to learn more and saying as human being.

You are uneducated guy, you have to go to learn more and saying as human being.
if you cant take it so quit trolling on chinese threads, otherwise more humiliations coming

if you cant take it so quit trolling on chinese threads, otherwise more humiliations coming

read again what your guy posted in this thread, it related to Islands of Vietnam with hilarious 1,4k of years :bunny:

My posts in the mainstream media on the South China Sea were relevant to the debate. After I pointed out that the South China Sea and islands were discovered and claimed by China for 1,400 years, the mainstream media changed their articles and incorporated this historical fact.

Don't threatene us, the answers shall be made in the same manner, :enjoy:

Rechoice, I fail to understand why you Vietnamese don't understand your place. You are an insignificant country with Stone-Age technology and a ridiculously tiny $94 billion economy.

Why do you guys keep bothering Chinese in our sub-forum? China is a massive $7 TRILLION economy with advanced Type 052C AESA destroyers, KJ-2000 AWACS, and an advanced prototype J-20 Mighty Dragon all-aspect stealth fighter.

To us, you Vietnamese are merely a bug. Why do you keep squeaking?

Happy Holidays And Don't Forget China's $7 Trillion Gdp

Happy holidays to everyone (and the silent readers) on Pakistan Defence.

We are only a few hours past 2011. Please remember China's new GDP is $7 trillion for 2011. Ho ho ho!

Reference: List of countries by past and future GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

----------

Proof of China's $7 trillion GDP in 2011

In 2010, China's revised GDP was 40.12 trillion yuans. (See China's GDP growth in 2010 revised up to 10.4 pct year-on-year)

On October 15th, a Chinese government economist said the economy will grow by 9.4% for the entirety of 2011. (See China's economic growth to ease to 9.4 pct in 2011: economist)

Math:

40.12 trillion yuans * 1.094 = 43.89128 trillion yuans (e.g. China's economic size for 2011)

The current exchange rate is 6.33698 yuans per U.S. dollar. (See CNY, Chinese Yuan Exchange Rates Table - x-rates)

43.89128 trillion yuans / 6.33698 yuans per U.S. dollar = $6.926 trillion U.S. dollars

Wait, I'm not done yet! In recent years, the Chinese government has always revised its economic growth upwards when the full economic data are gathered.

To illustrate, the original estimate for China's 2010 GDP was 39.5 trillion yuans (see http://www.marketwatch.com/story/chinas-20...-101-2011-01-17). The final official figure for 2010 was 40.12 trillion yuans. The difference between the initial and final growth rates was 620 billion yuans.

If we reasonably assume that China's 2011 GDP will eventually be revised upwards by another 620 billion yuans then China's final official 2011 GDP will be:

43.89128 trillion yuans + 620 billion yuans (e.g. likely 2011 upward revision) = 44.51128 trillion yuans

44.51128 trillion yuans / 6.33698 yuans per U.S. dollar = $6.988 trillion U.S. dollars (which exactly matches the IMF estimate in my earlier reference to Wikipedia)

Add in Macau's GDP and China has a $7 trillion GDP for 2011!

PQmR4.jpg

I have independently calculated China's 2011 GDP to be $6.988 trillion U.S. dollars, which is a perfect match for the IMF estimate of China's 2011 economic size.

----------

Vietnam's ridiculously tiny $94 billion economy

"The value for GDP (current LCU [or local currency units/Vietnamese dongs]) in Vietnam was 1,980,910,000,000,000 as of 2010." (See http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/vietnam/gdp)

The dong has depreciated to 21,000 per U.S. dollar (see citation below).

Math:

1,980,910,000,000,000 Vietnamese dongs / 17,000 dongs per U.S. dollar = $94.3 billion dollars

http://www.eastasiaforum.org/2011/03/10/here-we-go-again-vietnams-spiral-of-credit-and-devaluation/

"Here we go again: Vietnam’s spiral of credit and devaluation
March 10th, 2011
Author: David Dapice, Harvard University

Vietnam recently devalued its currency to about 21,000 dong to the US dollar. At the end of 2008, the rate was 17,000 — a decline of 24 per cent in about two years. In fact, it is worse since the ‘free market’ rate is over 22,000, and many people wanting dollars need to pay that rate. That rate would make it nearly 30 per cent depreciation. Since interest rates on dong bank deposits are only about 15 per cent, it seems safer to keep dollars under the mattress than dong in the bank."

Damn that is a quite an achievement! All the best to Taiwan :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom