Happy Independence Day Bangladeshis!

Like I said before Bangladesh is secular
Nazrul's wife is not the problem here
Jinnah also had a parsee wife

The FACT remains Nazrul died a Bangladeshi citizen
Most of his family lives in Bangladesh
He is the national poet of Bangladesh
Hence his songs should be the national anthem

What relation did Tagore have with Bangladesh?
Apart from the language we have nothing in common
Tagore never saw Bangladesh. He contributed to Bengali literature not to Bangladesh.
Tagore died as a Indian Zamidar serving the British empire

I'm not contesting your not an Indian
But your claim to have proud Bangladeshi roots when you won't even display one BD flag
Is hypocrisy to me

Nazrul is a Indian Bengali, he was born in West Bengal, he lived all his life in Calcutta, his children and wife also lived there. He moved to BD after liberation because BD govt requested him so and Indian Govt insisted, he still was a citizen of Republic of India with an honorary citizenship from BD govt.

I don't care though what you choose as your national anthem, just stating the fact.

I was born in an alien land.

Does it make me any less a Bangladeshi or an Indian?

It is a question of identity. My roots are in BD, but my later life in India.

Should I forget my roots?

Apart from what we say about Kazi Nazrul Islam or Tagore, you yourself belong to Bangladesh irrespective of what religion you follow. Your identity and root lie in BD. A time will come when sons and daughters of our soil will come back and work for the country. Robust economic activities in BD should provide such an opportunity for all these people. Do not forget your root, and come and demand LOUDLY your citizenship back to you.

This is a website for Pakistan Defence . Bangladesh have chosen the Hindu India . I cannot wish Bangladesh a happy independence day . Their independence day was Pakistan's Day of Disgrace . Bengali betrayed us and we want nothing to do with them . Bangladeshi lover please get lost from this website . I am old enough to remember the betrayal , shames , humiliation and suffering of my Pakistani Nation .

This is a website for Pakistan Defence . Bangladesh have chosen the Hindu India . I cannot wish Bangladesh a happy independence day . Their independence day was Pakistan's Day of Disgrace . Bengali betrayed us and we want nothing to do with them . Bangladeshi lover please get lost from this website . I am old enough to remember the betrayal , shames , humiliation and suffering of my Pakistani Nation .

Who are you to decide this? This is upto to the admin. Noone has a problem with Bangladeshis celebrating their independence day. If you have a problem, don't open such threads and don't post.

Haha you make me laugh we are not Pakistani, we are Bengali! we are nothing like pakistan. If you don't want to believe this then I suggest u keep ur mouth shut, whats done is done... nothing u could do about I am proud we did not betray u what was done was right and I thank my ancestors that we are independent, Bengalis are nothing like Pakistani maybe culturally but we are from different backgrounds and have different languages, and thus what happened in the war was fair.. I believe it makes my country more prosperous and should move forward.
I love BD, and I believe the we should move on from this both pk and bd.

Bangladeshi people didn't choose Hindu India willingly .... It was people like you who made them choose India to survive and fight back! Pakistan's disgrace was Alcoholic Yahya , Niazi... power thirsty Vutto. . . Care to read again . .

Bangladesh Liberation War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1971 Bangladesh atrocities - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Searchlight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_killing_of_Bengali_intellectuals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_Dhaka_University_massacre

:angry:

The mistake that Bhutto made was his refusal to form a government with Sheikh Mujibur Rahman as the ELECTED leader. He simply walked away from the table, along with Yaha Khan. After that, a brutal military campaign was launched in the then East Pakistan.

Seems like the campaign didn't turn out too well for Pakistan. That is the result of a screwed up military operation that completely lost the support of Bengali Muslims. Is that how a Muslim treats another Muslim? Please clarify.

Remember, the All India Muslim League was formed in Dhaka, not in Islamabad. The Bengali Muslims had an important role to play in the formation of the Muslim League and Pakistan.

I presume some would like to believe that they had no role to play in igniting the East Pakistanis by their obduracy in not handing over the power to the rightful, democratically elected leader, just because he happened to be a non West Pakistan!

Many at that time preferred to believe that Pakistan started and ended in West Pakistan and East Pakistan was not worth the bother as they would anyway fall in place and know their station!

That was the mistake.

And Bengalis, notwithstanding what the British made people believe, are not really that docile or can be taken for a ride.

don't be emotional now in 2011, u should have been emotional before 1070 when u had a chance to do some thing for united Pakistan.

dont blame india coz pakistan presented them chance and they utilized those.

indian aim is also not achieved as BD has not become similer to nepal.

Nepal has become pet to india.

:azn:

BD has chosen India?

Are you blind?

Have you not seen the posts of BD posters?

And what is wrong in wishing someone on his Independence Day?

Don't we wish our Muslim brothers Eid Mubarak, even though we are not Muslims.

Learn to love and not be consumed by Hate.

don't be emotional now in 2011, u should have been emotional before 1070 when u had a chance to do some thing for united Pakistan.

dont blame india coz pakistan presented them chance and they utilized those.

indian aim is also not achieved as BD has not become similer to nepal.

Nepal has become pet to india.

:azn:

You are lucky that there are no Nepalis here or else you would have been on the wrong end of their khukri!

Also learn not to fight your battles on other's shoulder, especially when you know they are not present to disembowel you!

Nepalis throughout history have been very independent (even the British failed) and very hot tempered.

So, be careful and not let emotions ride falsely!

You are lucky that there are no Nepalis here or else you would have been on the wrong end of their khukri!

Also learn not to fight your battles on other's shoulder, especially when you know they are not present to disembowel you!

Nepalis throughout history have been very independent (even the British failed) and very hot tempered.

I do believe the concept of having good relations with powerful nations without becoming their pets is rather unexplored by some smaller nations in the subcontinent.

Its a worthwhile endeavour, and would benefit all. Another would be not grudging the good relationship between India and Nepal, with practically open boundaries and all, yet Indians do not fly Nepalese flags and vice versa, but then, I'm expecting too much maturity here.

talk with Nepalese people, they hate india due to unnecessary indian involvement in their internal matter.

talk with Nepalese people, they hate india due to unnecessary indian involvement in their internal matter.

Indeed.

That is why they are coming for recruitment in hordes into the Indian Army!

It is the Maoists, who under the guidance of China, who are hostile and more so, Prachanda.

Yet, Nepal is not pet of India as you put it to suit your convenience and now you have taken a back flip that they hate India!

Now make up your mind. If they are a pet of India as you put it, how come you suddenly change to say the Nepalis hate India?

Crazy logic to say the least.

Notwithstanding, don't pull in Nepal without cause, just because there are no Nepali on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom