What's new

Happy 20th Anniversary Tejas

Err not Correct

Its assembled in Pakistan
From Chinease kits

Where is block 3 being tested & built = YES = Chengdu China =Why = you have no test facilities or development manufacturing testing base

BUT YES = You service and assembly

As for dreaming

TRY building
300 dhruv helicopters
15 guided missles destroyers/frigates last 15 years ie Delhi Class , Kolkatta Class Vizag Class , Talwar class , Shivalk class

Try BUILDING nuke subs like Ardidhman Or Arihant

Or Try bulding an Aircraft carrier

Boasting assembling a chinease fighter is nothing
Lol, you creatures are as predictable as the clowns, i was waiting when some Indian will turn up and copy paste their Jackonory story.
Since we are talking about fighter jets, you lot also claim of building the SU-30......now when was the last time you had the right to even export a wheel of that jet.....oh wait if you were manufacturing it then your own fleet wouldn't be less than 50% serviceable.
Don't need to remind you how the JF-17s are rolling off the production lines and being displayed, marketed , trained and supplied to foreign customers by PAC and PAF.

the aircraft itself and the concept is sound. it carries an impressive package and can be a good replacement for the Mig-21, to me it looks like the confused part was coming from the leadership and the politics. its upgraded version and its concept shared on the web reminds me of the movie called "Pentagon wars"! the story about the Bradly infantry fighting vehicle. the movie took a dig at the military leadership but maybe LCA suffered some setbacks from politicians as well.
I saw its demo in Bahrain a few years back. It was very well executed, flown by a naval test pilot. It is just a poorly managed program in terms of how much time went into it.
Err not Correct

From Chinease kits

Where is block 3 being tested & built = YES = Chengdu China =Why = you have no test facilities or development manufacturing testing base

As for dreaming

TRY building
300 dhruv helicopters
15 guided missles destroyers/frigates last 15 years ie Delhi Class , Kolkatta Class Vizag Class , Talwar class , Shivalk class

That's a negative there sir. Most of the manufacturing and testing is done in Pakistan now. Just not that documented.

The initial Block 3 prototypes were made in China, mass production will be done in Pakistan. In similar early stages, quite a lot of Tejas work was done abroad involving Russia, France, USA and UK.

And that is a little silly talking about an aircraft carrier. There is no requirement for it. Otherwise I am sure Israel can build it 10 times better in half the time it has taken India to do so, just a hypothetical example.

Last edited:
Lol, you creatures are as predictable as the clowns, i was waiting when some Indian will turn up and copy paste their Jackonory story.
Since we are talking about fighter jets, you lot also claim of building the SU-30......now when was the last time you had the right to even export a wheel of that jet.....oh wait if you were manufacturing it then your own fleet wouldn't be less than 50% serviceable.
Don't need to remind you how the JF-17s are rolling off the production lines and being displayed, marketed , trained and supplied to foreign customers by PAC and PAF.
One of the biggest boaster calling other boasting, he and his list, lol.

Err not Correct

From Chinease kits

As for dreaming

TRY building
300 dhruv helicopters

And your MAHAN VEDICT TEJ@$$ assembled by you and Installed various foreign components, and your dhruv has reliability issues

your all destroyers and frigates were based upon old 60s era Soviet designs (Koltin/Kashin class) and have lots of Techs on your destroyers/frigates using weapon/ECM/AESAS AND OTHER ELECTRONIC WARFAE SYSTEMS FROM WEST/ISRAEL, THAT'S THE INDIGENOUS TECH YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT???

WE DON'T NEED AIRCRAFT CARRIERS, AND FOR YOUR AIRCRAFT CARRIER PROGRAM THANKS TO RUSSIA TO HELP YOU

the aircraft itself and the concept is sound. it carries an impressive package and can be a good replacement for the Mig-21, to me it looks like the confused part was coming from the leadership and the politics. its upgraded version and its concept shared on the web reminds me of the movie called "Pentagon wars"! the story about the Bradly infantry fighting vehicle. the movie took a dig at the military leadership but maybe LCA suffered some setbacks from politicians as well.
What confuses me is you guys tolerating such pure troll threads.

But that's just me.

tc.

Err not Correct

From Chinease kits

As for dreaming

TRY building
300 dhruv helicopters

Right from metal sheets and bolts as we see in videos from PAC

but it's made with advanced composites, unlike all metal 1970& technology of JF-17.

View attachment 703203

Twenty years ago today on 4th January 2001 the Indian LCA Tejas made it's first flight.
Albeit in 2016 it was reported that Tejas has been inducted in IAF after 33 years but as we enter 2021, the IAF has yet to field an operational squadron of this aircraft.
While during same period most aircraft will be going through a comprehensive upgrade if not closing to retirement ,
This project however, has become a perfect case of pride than professionalism. Any wonder then that some refer to LCA as Little Confused Aircraft.
Tejas inducted in IAF after 33 years

First of all. Only 59% of the Tejas is Indian by value. Not 75% as some Indians claim. This is from their own minister of defense. It is true that 70% of its parts are made in India but Just because you made a wheel for the Tejas doesn’t make it indigenous.
Source

Secondly The MK-1A is the version of the Tejas which is actually decent. 0 of which have been ordered or delivered so far. The one half assed squadron that does exist is Tejas MK-1, which is a rather poor and outdated jet which was initially rejected by both the Indian Air Force and navy. But one squadron in 35 years? Great going guys. By 2070 you’ll have another one. The first Mk-1A (which is comparable to the current block of the thunder) was supposed to be delivered by 2025 if it was ordered in 2019 (production was supposed to begin in 2023) If it’s ordered in 2021 (slim chance at this point) it’ll be delivered when it’s obsolete.
Source: https://www.livefistdefence.com/202...-for-5-2-billion-lca-tejas-fighter-order.html

Thirdly, one Tejas costs the IAF 39 million USD without maintenance and spares. For a light combat aircraft. You could buy an MKi in that. But that’s a success right? Do you know how much a better performing, actually flying, thunder block 3 costs?
Source: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...agree-to-lower-price/articleshow/70823895.cms

lastly, Indians like to lambast the Thunder for being Chinese. But when the war starts it won’t matter if the jet coming at you is Chinese, Pakistani or American, what flies and is readily available will be the better jet. And if the thunder was 110% Chinese it would still be a superior jet to the Tejas because it actually exists in a useful form. It won’t matter if it’s indigenous or not when it actually flies when it’s needed.
Oh and by the way, the thunder is about the same % by value Pakistani as Tejas is Indian. So go ahead. Rejoice. It’s a Chinese jet. Just like Tejas isn’t Indian.

150+ thunders and 20+ exports (3 blocks) in under 20 years vs 16 pre production jets, no further blocks and 3 rejections+ zero exports in 35 years. The Tejas truly is a success story.

Last edited:

C'mon man - stop playing with smoke and mirrors. You put up a fabricated PowerPoint made by Hindutva fanboys, and you want us to just believe??

You mean to tell me - that the India, which does not YET boast a factory that can make a freaking SMT populated circuit board (either for laptops or more appropriately, cellphones), is making sophisticated avionics and flight data computers for a fighter, that too of the Fly-by-wire variety??

What do you take us for? :disagree:
Happy 20th Anniversary to the truck as well, Tejas could not have achieved it without this truck :D

View attachment 703237

That is most barf-ugly flatbed I've ever seen, and they are using this to transport aircraft (one worth $30 plus Million)? And look at those tie downs. I've seen better flatbeds for carrying total-loss wrecks.

The incompetence is just breathtaking.

If you want to argue on the indigenous content, I posted every component and their source. Come up with something which proves your claim... any particular component shown as Indian is actually foreign per your narrative.

Do you mean that picture that was apparently drawn up by some Indian on Twitter? Idk where exactly you come from but that shit doesn't fly as a legitimate 'source'.

Based on India's technical know-how in pretty much every area of high-technology, why would you expect anything less than an almost nil input into one of the highest technology product types there are, fast jet combat aircraft.

Would love to see a source that isn't some Indian Twitter guy who got all excited and made a graphic. I'm sure we all would. We're curious.

true probably, but then navy and airforce not happy, who's fault if people troll giving them an excuse by the mighty Hindu staan itself.

It's good to see people who still have zero clues on the manufacturing of carbon composites while living in Mehran era are mocking us. Go on, laugh at us. :enjoy:
Mehran is technically still a more successful product than Tejas. Mehran has contributed more to Pakistan than Tejas has to India. That’s how Indian logic works right?
What do you means 4 export??? did you forget 16 JFT deal with Myanmar sir
You’re right, that slipped my mind while typing. My bad :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom