What's new

Happy 20th Anniversary Tejas

Happy 20th Anniversary to the truck as well, Tejas could not have achieved it without this truck :D

maxresdefault.jpg

its a gorgeous little gem, military aviation industry is a right of passage to the exclusive club of western top tier technology where huge sums of money and one of the best brains are involved.
despite everything India has kept this program going. even if all parts were from foreign manufacturers then its an achievement itself to bring a concept to its flight worthy stage.
we share jokes on JF-17 and Tejas element of domestic input and we have differing narratives depending on our nationality but I consider this all as an achievement in its own right.

You need to update your info game...

45 Flying Daggers squadron has 16 LCA Tejas inducted as of early 2020 and all recent production units are being inducted into Squadron 18 Flying Bullets which previously had Mig 27s

Flying Daggers Squadron

View attachment 703238

https://www.livefistdefence.com/2020/05/historic-iaf-squadron-revived-as-2nd-lca-tejas-unit.html

https://zeenews-india-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/zeenews.india.com/india/breaking-news-iaf-getting-ready-to-induct-more-tejas-lca-83-mark-1a-fighters-in-the-pipeline-2261754.html/amp?usqp=mq331AQCKAE=&amp_js_v=0.1

Not only him but everyone need to update their knowledge.... i can see people arguing on 2012 or 2013 articals... but who cares?

1609776724176.png

this is excellent, so much indigenization... the base was getting ready for all these years and now any new aircraft can be rolled out within 5 to 7 years....

If you see same happened with our missiles, with struggle in initial days we now can build each type of missiles quickly from drawing board to test and induction....

kudos...

You need to update your info game...

45 Flying Daggers squadron has 16 LCA Tejas inducted as of early 2020 and all recent production units are being inducted into Squadron 18 Flying Bullets which previously had Mig 27s

Flying Daggers Squadron

View attachment 703238

https://www.livefistdefence.com/2020/05/historic-iaf-squadron-revived-as-2nd-lca-tejas-unit.html

https://zeenews-india-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/zeenews.india.com/india/breaking-news-iaf-getting-ready-to-induct-more-tejas-lca-83-mark-1a-fighters-in-the-pipeline-2261754.html/amp?usqp=mq331AQCKAE=&amp_js_v=0.1
And you should update your knowledge on how much indigenous Tejas is.
After some 30 years most aircraft are placed in Museums or Gate Guardians.

its a gorgeous little gem, military aviation industry is a right of passage to the exclusive club of western top tier technology where huge sums of money and one of the best brains are involved.
despite everything India has kept this program going. even if all parts were from foreign manufacturers then its an achievement itself to bring a concept to its flight worthy stage.
we share jokes on JF-17 and Tejas element of domestic input and we have differing narratives depending on our nationality but I consider this all as an achievement in its own right.
First up, all parts aren't from foreign manufacturers like what most Pakistanis assume. I posted info on the previous page showing components designed and manufactured in India vs those sourced from abroad. The engine is ofcourse foreign but except for a handful of countries...most others rely on importing their engines.

Turkish TFX: Eurojet EJ2000 or GE's F110
Chinese J-31: RD93
Korean KFX: GE's F414

The currently used Israeli Radar and Avionics will be replaced with Uttam AESA radar and BEL avionics in the Mk-1A and all future variants upping the indigenous content

LCA with Uttam AESA

1609777384280.png

Secondly, given the bureaucracy and red-tape which plagued our system and still does to some extent, sanctions during the late 90s, IA & IAF's love for foreign maal put this project on the back burner. Our research orgs were also poorly funded with flawed recruitment process back then resulting in incompetent personnel working on these projects. With time and effort, we were able to develop all the required test facilities and applicable R&D departments forming an aeronautical ecosystem. No wonder, the design for MWF was frozen under 2 years with metal cutting for the initial prototypes expected to schedule sometime this year
And you should update your knowledge on how much indigenous Tejas is.
After some 30 years most aircraft are placed in Museums or Gate Guardians.
Why don't you come up with proofs instead of running your motor mouth...

Until now, you were under the assumption that Flying Daggers only had 2 Tejas inducted but I proved you wrong...

Last edited:
Not only him but everyone need to update their knowledge.... i can see people arguing on 2012 or 2013 articals... but who cares?

View attachment 703240

this is excellent, so much indigenization... the base was getting ready for all these years and now any new aircraft can be rolled out within 5 to 7 years....

If you see same happened with our missiles, with struggle in initial days we now can build each type of missiles quickly from drawing board to test and induction....

kudos...

Nobody cares if some nut and bolt is manufactured in bombay, the issue is critical aircraft components such as the engine, radar, and so on being imported from wildly different sources. Its a logistics nightmare and it seems in an actual combat situation this aircraft would end up grounded (which appears to be the case even during peacetime).

Some fanboy posting a diagram and labelling the most basic parts with Indian flags does not suddenly make it an indigenous aircraft.

Though @Imran Khan sir has cleared it that Dhruv and Hal LCH are of foreign origin but can anybody write a piece on it too? @Windjammer
Also I wonder if a country cannot make an airplane how come they can make an operational helicopter when the orgs involved are same..
May be there is a complete segregated breed of scientists and engineers who make helicopter, and are not allowed to visit Teja's sector @JamD :unsure:
Some fanboy posting a diagram and labelling the most basic parts with Indian flags does not suddenly make it an indigenous aircraft.
I thought the same but air-grade components are still a feat..

Why don't you come up with proofs instead of running your motor mouth...

Until now, you were under the assumption that Flying Daggers only had 2 Tejas inducted but I proved you wrong...
If you would focus on what i posted instead of kissing your backside, you grey matter might function.
You have proved jack all as i posted all from Indian sources.

Nobody cares if some nut and bolt is manufactured in bombay, the issue is critical aircraft components such as the engine, radar, and so on being imported from wildly different sources. Its a logistics nightmare and it seems in an actual combat situation this aircraft would end up grounded (which appears to be the case even during peacetime).

instead of putting empty words here, why cant you refute the picture with all components manufactured in India?
@Zapper already challenged one of the poster above, if you can see that you feel free to reply there also.

If you would focus on what i posted instead of kissing your backside, you grey matter might function.
You have proved jack all as i posted all from Indian sources.
Oh look who got all riled up...you posted decades old source maybe but the reality is Flying Daggers has 16 jets. I posted a picture of the aircraft lined up...bet you can't refute that

If you want to argue on the indigenous content, I posted every component and their source. Come up with something which proves your claim... any particular component shown as Indian is actually foreign per your narrative.
instead of putting empty words here, why cant you refute the picture with all components manufactured in India?
@Zapper already challenged one of the poster above, if you can see that you feel free to reply there also.

Your iron brothers both use foreign engines in their fighter jet programs

Turkish TFX: Eurojet EJ2000 or GE's F110
Chinese J-31: RD93
Chinese J-20: Saturn AL-31

There is no credible proof that WS series engines are inducted yet

The Koreans use an American engine
Korean KFX: GE's F414

The AESA radars and avionics for Turkish, Korean and Japanese programs are still under development while our is complete but they're yet to be fully tested though and will be integrated on Mk-1A

Last edited:
Oh look who got all riled up...you posted decades old source maybe but the reality is Flying Daggers has 16 jets. I posted a picture of the aircraft lined up...bet you can't refute that

If you want to argue on the indigenous content, I posted every component and their source. Come up with something which proves your claim... any particular component shown as Indian is actually foreign per your narrative.
Hardly but you surely seem to address all with one track mind....there are several sources who have addressed the so called indigenous claim.

The Air Force has decided to place an order for 100 new and improved Tejas Light Combat Aircraft. However, despite being in the works since 1983, the light fighter is nowhere near indigenisation and almost 70% of the aircraft’s systems still need to be imported.

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Hardly but you surely seem to address all with one track mind....there are several sources who have addressed the so called indigenous claim.

The Air Force has decided to place an order for 100 new and improved Tejas Light Combat Aircraft. However, despite being in the works since 1983, the light fighter is nowhere near indigenisation and almost 70% of the aircraft’s systems still need to be imported.

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
Well don't you guys discredit Indian media stating the disinfo thingy

Here's another article from the same Economic Times which states otherwise and is dated 4 days later to the one you posted

Indigenous content of Tejas 60% by value & 75.5% by numbers

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/defence/indigenous-content-of-tejas-59-7-by-value-75-5-by-numbers/articleshow/55498923.cms?from=mdr#:~:text=NEW DELHI: The government today,Tejas is of foreign origin.

Ofcourse by value, the indigenous content would be relatively low since engine, radar and avionics account for majority of the costs in any fighter jet which is bound to change with the upcoming developments. But hey, unlike y'all we don't get entire fuselages and every single component shipped from China

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom